Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pre-Season MVP

Default Re: Pre-Season MVP

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    Traveled too.

Feel good story, leave him alone

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    He would be definately be my resounding second vote.

I'll say it again, very impressive OKC picked him.
    I mean obviously MVP is a stretch, because there was a lot of better players, and there's even been a rookie or two who probably had better preseasons. But I think he's a strong candidate for biggest surprise.

I just can't get over how quickly he's improved, and not just since the summer league, but from the beginning of the preseason to the end of the preseason. He had a couple of good games and some "ok, yeah, I can see what Presti liked about this kid" moments in the summer league, but nothing extraordinary. Then early in the preseason he had his moments, and once his minutes started to increase he started to play better and better.

Some of the defensive mistakes he was repeatedly making in preseason games 1 and 2, he wasn't making nearly as often in the last two preseason games. His on-ball and weakside defense improved, too.

As a 20 year old rookie he has the look and game of someone that can be a more than serviceable center right now, and doesn't appear to be as raw offensively as I and a lot of other people thought. The best thing about him, though, is that he's very active on both ends of the floor. That's going to get him in some foul trouble because he hasn't learned all the nuances of defending at the NBA level, but he's a willing rebounder and a very effective rebounder due to his size.

The Heat fans and bench literally lost their shit and jizzed all over themselves over it.

I'm all for getting excited about a player return(we should know all about that with Rose), but seeing the circlejerking going on over such small sample size and insignificant event was just embarassing

Do these guys realise Oden has been trying to make numerous comebacks on a flawed knee and that he hasn't been healthy his entire NBA career? That doesn't suddenly go away...
    It seems like you want him to fail. If he comes back it's a great story for the NBA. Now I know people on here have attacked Rose's return too, but that doesn't mean you should go on their level.

Quote Originally Posted by DaSeba5
    It seems like you want him to fail. If he comes back it's a great story for the NBA. Now I know people on here have attacked Rose's return too, but that doesn't mean you should go on their level.

I'm not attacking Oden and I haven't started jokes about him or "X player will return before Oden jokes" etc, but comon man you have to admit it was a bit over the top. I know it's a feel good story, but can we see him play a bit more before we have an all out jizz fest?

Just sayin.

I'm not attacking Oden and I haven't started jokes about him or "X player will return before Oden jokes" etc, but comon man you have to admit it was a bit over the top. I know it's a feel good story, but can we see him play a bit more before we have an all out jizz fest?

Just sayin.
    U mad?

Just sayin.
    Guy is so protective of EVERYTHING Heat related. Talk about your typical homer. He's like the '97bulls of Heat fandom. Jesus, no one can do no wrong or be critiqued. Bulls fans are just lashing back at a whole calendar year of hating on Rose for a decision to rest his body. He's got this whole feminine, passive-aggressive way of debating.

Just sayin.
    There's nothing wrong with that. When Rose came back, a lot of Bull fans went crazy. I know Oden is not Rose, but that's what fans do.

I know I got excited

Guy is so protective of EVERYTHING Heat related. Talk about your typical homer. He's like the '97bulls of Heat fandom. Jesus, no one can do no wrong or be critiqued. Bulls fans are just lashing back at a whole calendar year of hating on Rose for a decision to rest his body. He's got this whole feminine, passive-aggressive way of debating.
    Why are you always mad?

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    I mean obviously MVP is a stretch, because there was a lot of better players, and there's even been a rookie or two who probably had better preseasons. But I think he's a strong candidate for biggest surprise.

I just can't get over how quickly he's improved, and not just since the summer league, but from the beginning of the preseason to the end of the preseason. He had a couple of good games and some "ok, yeah, I can see what Presti liked about this kid" moments in the summer league, but nothing extraordinary. Then early in the preseason he had his moments, and once his minutes started to increase he started to play better and better.

Some of the defensive mistakes he was repeatedly making in preseason games 1 and 2, he wasn't making nearly as often in the last two preseason games. His on-ball and weakside defense improved, too.

As a 20 year old rookie he has the look and game of someone that can be a more than serviceable center right now, and doesn't appear to be as raw offensively as I and a lot of other people thought. The best thing about him, though, is that he's very active on both ends of the floor. That's going to get him in some foul trouble because he hasn't learned all the nuances of defending at the NBA level, but he's a willing rebounder and a very effective rebounder due to his size.

Probably the wrong accolade to place on him, but he would be 2nd on my most impressive player from preseason.

I saw a couple of nice hustle plays and a nice block towards the end of that chicago game. The guy is growing as he plays more, no doubt about that. I wish the bulls got him as a backup for Noah but we had pick 20

Back on topic, Rose would be preseason MVP.

Dominated and lead the bulls to an unbeaten record in preseason.

Quote Originally Posted by DaSeba5
    There's nothing wrong with that. When Rose came back, a lot of Bull fans went crazy. I know Oden is not Rose, but that's what fans do.

I know I got excited
    But Rose came back and dominated whole games? We endured over a year of trashtalk and hate from Heat fans. For Rose to come back the way he has and play out whole games like he never was away is a different sample to the one you saw of Oden.

We had a good reason to get excited, but really this is a non-issue and not really worth debating about I won't hate on you for being excited!

NBA Superstar

The Heat fans and bench literally lost their shit and jizzed all over themselves over it.

I'm all for getting excited about a player return(we should know all about that with Rose), but seeing the circlejerking going on over such small sample size and insignificant event was just embarassing

Do these guys realise Oden has been trying to make numerous comebacks on a flawed knee and that he hasn't been healthy his entire NBA career? That doesn't suddenly go away...

Rep

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Skittle are delicious, I wouldn't be mad. Injured Noah, injured Deng, injured Hinrich?

v.s. the cowardly stacked Heat, chalk full of multiple HOFers?

I'd wait till I'm healthy too in order to go balls deep in Chalmer's asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    A clutch shot v.s. superior play through out the entire game preceding it ... basically being the entire one man team?

Isn't that crux of the LeBron stan argument over Kobe as a player?

A clutch shot v.s. superior play through out the entire game preceding it ... basically being the entire one man team?

Isn't that crux of the LeBron stan argument over Kobe as a player?

No, because Kobe has always been even less clutch tha LeBron.

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    No, because Kobe has always been even less clutch tha LeBron.
    No, Kobe is inefficient and a hero ball decision maker. He has the balls and the ability to take the pressure and weight of the outcome on his shoulders and create a shot. He's willing to do it. Even if at times he gets sucked into trying to be the hero.

LeBron's efficiency looks better making him appear to be the superior clutch performer because he's scared of those moments, and avoids them at all costs.

I shouldn't be having to explain LeBron's characteristics and game to someone who claims LeBron is his favorite player.