Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    #Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Default Nuggets throwing out trade feelers for Faried

Multiple sources around the league have reported in the last month that Denver has put out targeted feelers on Faried, gauging his value and demanding very good return. The Nuggets, for their part, deny they've put Faried's name out there at all.
    Head coach Brian Shaw has already hinted at wanting to slow down the offense, singling out his frontcourt players as needing to play a more traditional style,
    I wonder if they will do a Andre Miller or Foye/Faried package to land a big man who will actually help them in the playoffs rather than looking good in the open court only. Good move by Denver Hickson brings everything that Kennath does plus he's got more size, the Hickson signing would make sense if they are moving Faried.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/10/...denver-nuggets

Default Re: Nuggets throwing out trade feelers for Faried

I wanna see hickson and faried abuse teams on the boards

Local High School Star SpurrDurr's Avatar

I' m not shocked at all, they realized that McGee and Faried is a redundant pair of big men.

The one thing i still can't figure it out is why the hell would you give such a big contract to McGee. He can't do anything except dunk, block some shoots and rebound. His defense is awful if you think about his athleticism and size; his offensive arsenal makes look Howard like Hakeem. Good luck getting rid of him now.

Faried and McGee duo would never work during POs, they are trading the wrong one imo, but at least they are moving into the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by SpurrDurr
    Faried and McGee duo would never work during POs, they are trading the wrong one imo, but at least they are moving into the right direction.
    Nah McGee has legit size and looks like he's going to be more capable on both ends, being 7foot with athletic ability is better than being 6'6 with athletic ability when both skillsets are very limited and McGee is much more impactful on D.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

In the Nuggets season preview thing on Grantland, it was hinted that Faried has some bubbling off-court personality issues that would concern ownership, but none of it was really covered other than to say that.

Right now they have Faried, Hickson, McGee, and even Mozgov and Darrell Arthur. They can afford to move someone. They need help at SG. Gallo, Wilson Chandler, and even Fournier are really bigish wing guys. None are super athletes. It's gonna be hard to slide one down to SG. It'd be easier to slide on up to PF and run small than the other way. They're starting Foye at SG. And they're overloaded at PG too, with Lawson, Nate Robinson, and Andre Miller. At least miller has the size to play some SG.

It's a weird roster. A lot of assets, but not a lot of fit. I could see pretty much anyone on that roster available in the right deal. The possible exception being Lawson.

Would not be surprised if he ended up on the Rockets.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcats2013
    Would not be surprised if he ended up on the Rockets.
    Would have to be a three way deal cause I don't really see a McGee/Asik frontcourt working all that well plus his contract is massive. I don't really see anything outside Harden/Howard they would want from the Rockets.

I wonder what Nuggets fans think of the improved play of Q.Miller could he make Chandler expandable in the long term and they still got Hamilton who can play SF. Faried/Chandler could be a decent package.
    Last edited by andremiller07; 10-23-2013 at 07:48 AM.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    Would have to be a three way deal cause I don't really see a McGee/Asik frontcourt working all that well plus his contract is massive. I don't really see anything outside Harden/Howard they would want from the Rockets.

I wonder what Nuggets fans think of the improved play of Q.Miller could he make Chandler expandable in the long term and they still got Hamilton who can play SF. Faried/Chandler could be a decent package.

Is Fournier best suited at SF, or is he more SG? He seems better Suited at SF to me, but I haven't seen quite enough.

I'd say Chandler Parsons would be an asset they would want, but having Parsons, Wilson Chandler, Gallo, and Fournier, would be a whole lot of similarity.

Asik would make some sense, but would require eventually moving McGee too.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    Is Fournier best suited at SF, or is he more SG? He seems better Suited at SF to me, but I haven't seen quite enough.

I'd say Chandler Parsons would be an asset they would want, but having Parsons, Wilson Chandler, Gallo, and Fournier, would be a whole lot of similarity.

To me he's a Manu Ginoblil (not as good off course) 2 guard type who also has playmaking ability to play the PG filling in at times, he's too small to be a SF imo he's thin as and is perfect for a decent sized SG he would be physically overwhelmed at SF at this point in his career.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by #number6ix#
    I wanna see hickson and faried abuse teams on the boards

Then you gonna see other teams abuse that front court's lack of defense.

I don't think Denver is going to get good value if they trade him, but if they are gonna move him they gotta do it while his value is highest. They should hang on to him until the deadline.

I am your soldier!

In the Nuggets season preview thing on Grantland, it was hinted that Faried has some bubbling off-court personality issues that would concern ownership, but none of it was really covered other than to say that.

Right now they have Faried, Hickson, McGee, and even Mozgov and Darrell Arthur. They can afford to move someone. They need help at SG. Gallo, Wilson Chandler, and even Fournier are really bigish wing guys. None are super athletes. It's gonna be hard to slide one down to SG. It'd be easier to slide on up to PF and run small than the other way. They're starting Foye at SG. And they're overloaded at PG too, with Lawson, Nate Robinson, and Andre Miller. At least miller has the size to play some SG.

It's a weird roster. A lot of assets, but not a lot of fit. I could see pretty much anyone on that roster available in the right deal. The possible exception being Lawson.
    I hadn't heard of the off the court stuff before that video (I watched yesterday).

Regardless, the owners are so hyped on McGee that even if there are no off court issues with Faried he's out. Karl got canned (in part) because he wouldn't play McGee more. Koufos was moved because he took McGee's minutes. Faried is more popular than McGee... etc.

Banned

No chance IMO Rockets would do a deal centered around giving up Parsons for Faried.

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

Even though hes not the stretch 4 john wall wants, Faried and Wall could make an entertaining tandem that could run teams to death.

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

Another long long shot, but potentially interesting idea is Faried and Gallo for Love?

I doubt it. bill simmons doesnt know shit

maybe he's traded at the deadline if he still cant adapt to Shaw's system and/or if hickson, arthur and randolph plays GREAT

But it wouldnt hurt sniffing around for offers. I'm sure he could be traded if the right deal came a long, but we're not trading him for trash (asik)