Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
    <3 LeBron <3 Heat <3 The Choken One's Avatar

Default Re: Friend says there's unknown players out there as good or better than Lebron

Quote Originally Posted by Human Error
    OP you do have an idiot friend, Scalabrine beat the 4 best streetballers in Boston area to a combined score of 40-9. Maybe there could be a great raw talent who never gets to pick up basketball in his life but an amateur guy who is actually better than Lebron? That is sheer craziness.
    No one in this thread ( at least I think ) is considering that player coming from America. That talent would undoubtedly be noticed.

Now...Africa & Asia are different stories. Very large populations and a large number of social problems. That's why it's entirely possible.

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Default Re: Friend says there's unknown players out there as good or better than Lebron

Just from the point of us being basketball fans on this forum.. do you not want to look for the next best basketball player? The next player who will dominate the league after Lebron is gone? Do you not want to see the level being raised even higher?
    No, not really. I prefer the way it happens. If there was a next LeBron every other week, it would be boring.

And yes, the society is certaining looking for better writers, musicians, and mathematicians.
    Not true. Society isn't looking for anything. It just is. Of course they will tell you they are looking for... they don't.

George Carlin: Education
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMqJvhmD5Yg

Poverty has always existed throughout the history of mankind. Saying the current level of poverty is even worst than previous times? Hard to fathom. Humans have lived in the worst of conditions throughout history.. but, as a whole, our average level quality of life has risen, from say 100 years ago. But it still hasn't risen to a point where these problems are fixed (and it probably never will).

Today, proportionally speaking, there are a lot more poor people than ever before. And a lot less wealthy. As there are more people (100 years ago there werent even 2 billion), there are actually a lot more poor people in the world than ever before. But it is still true as a ratio.
    Last edited by elementally morale; 03-22-2013 at 07:09 PM.

I am your soldier!

OP is obviously a massive moron... But there are probably a bunch of people in the world right now that could've been better than LeBron, but either weren't able to play basketball, had no interest in sports, got hurt young, played a different sport, or got a crazy disease. Plus they could've been murdered or died in a car crash.

pass this mesaage to your friend: TLDR

No, not really. I prefer the way it happens. It there were a next LeBron every other week, it would be boring.
    Well, that'd just raise the level of NBA basketball even higher wouldn't it? Then the Lebron of Lebrons would by far the greatest thing we've ever witness.. and we as basketball fans are all winners from it.

Not true. Society isn't looking for anything. It just is. Of course they will tell you they are looking for... they don't.
    I haven't watched the youtube video you posted.. but is this some conspiracy idea? From the development of society, I do think we are continuously looking for the next best. I mean, what are the point of schools? Education? Aren't scholarships made to stimulate and find the best? What are music schools for? And why are the best in society being rewarded the highest? No matter whether society WANTS or not.. the system in place is set up to seek the next best level... at all fields. That's what all the awards, records, rewards etc are for.

Today, proportionally speaking, there are a lot more poor people than ever before. And a lot less wealthy. As there are more people (100 years ago there werent even 2 billion), there are actually a lot more poor people in the world than ever before. But it is still true as a ratio.
    Well, if you use the numbers, then probably. But we have certainly advanced, and today, things like Youtube allows some unknown talent to be known worldwide in less than 24 hours.. something that's not possible 30 years ago. So I do believe we are in the right direction.. Anyways, as for the further discussion of poverty, man, I think a new thread will have to be open for that..

I've given out too much reputation. Future neg on the way OP..

Quote Originally Posted by ripthekik
    I agree.

When the question is rephrased to: would anyone in the world be as skilled or better than Lebron, if they had the same opportunities and trainings as he did?

I am sure the answer would be yes.
    There

I haven't watched the youtube video you posted.. but is this some conspiracy idea?

I say it's a lot better spending 3 minutes watching it than spending 3 minutes typing about something you didn't watch.
    No, it is not a theory, much less a conspiracy theory. It is George Carlin. I thought you knew him. Look up a few videos of his, he was a pretty interesting dude.

So I do believe we are in the right direction..
    You are in your 20s, right? early 20s is my best guess...

At any rate, I don't think there is any direction at all. We just happen to go... things happen and we are arriving at places... I don't think it's any better or any worse than it was earlier. It's different. That's it.

Anyways, as for the further discussion of poverty, man, I think a new thread will have to be open for that..

I don't really want to get into it, be it this thread or another. But if you are interested in the subject, you should spend a lot more time on it and not believing the propaganda. You know you dislike ESPN because of their propaganda.

Well, if there is a lot of propaganda involved with basketball, you think there is less propaganda involved with more important things like world hunger?

Quote Originally Posted by elementally morale
    I don't really want to get into it, be it this thread or another. But if you are interested in the subject, you should spend a lot more time on it and not believing the propaganda. You know you dislike ESPN because of their propaganda.

Well, if there is a lot of propaganda involved with basketball, you think there is less propaganda involved with more important things like world hunger?
    I haven't had time to really get down and through information in detail on world hunger. Guess it never really piqued my interest. When I have time I will. Good discussion though, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ripthekik
    I haven't had time to really get down and through information in detail on world hunger. Guess it never really piqued my interest. When I have time I will. Good discussion though, thanks.
    The best site on sustainability, hunger, energy and the like is probably this one:
    http://www.theoildrum.com
    The only other site I post at. It's a bit more scientific than this one though...

As for the discussion, you're welcome. I enjoyed it myself.