Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Is it possible for me to get a good physique?

Quote Originally Posted by The Macho Man
    Are you saying you pay B-low for sex?

How much?

He charges just a little bit more than Latina Heat.

OP dont overwhelm yourself just make an honest effort to f*cking learn how to eat a low carb diet. Trust me, just do it. I have helped friends and family members lose weight and they always say that the process is smoother than what they envisioned it to be. Right now you eat too much junk food and fast food, start eating veggies and meat as your main source of nutrition while gradually increasing the intensity of your excercise.

Start walking or slow jogging or get on a stationary bike if you can and just make sure you are pushing yourself every time. When you start noticing even minimal improvement it will create a postive cycle that reinforces your routine. You got this. Diet is key, not serving size but composition of your food. No bread, french fries, burgers or pizza. Search online to find vegetable and meat dishes and start immediately

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by red1
    Diet is key, not serving size but composition of your food. No bread, french fries, burgers or pizza. Search online to find vegetable and meat dishes and start immediately

Sorry, but this is completely false. Are you one of those who will insist that you can not gain fat by eating chicken, oatmeal, olive oil, veggies, nuts,...? Quantity is everything when trying to lose fat, not composition of your food.

To OP. You don't need to radically cut down carbs. Just find out your maintenance calories and then go down 300-500 calories. Cut down all the 3 macronutrients while keeping protein around 2.5g per kg of your bodyweight. Strictly avoiding carbs will only slow down your metabolism and make your plan of losing weight harder.

Quote Originally Posted by LBJ 23
    Sorry, but this is completely false. Are you one of those who will insist that you can not gain fat by eating chicken, oatmeal, olive oil, veggies, nuts,...? Quantity is everything when trying to lose fat, not composition of your food.

To OP. You don't need to radically cut down carbs. Just find out your maintenance calories and then go down 300-500 calories. Cut down all the 3 macronutrients while keeping protein around 2.5g per kg of your bodyweight. Strictly avoiding carbs will only slow down your metabolism and make your plan of losing weight harder.
    I am speaking from first hand experience. If he follows my post he absolutely WILL get the results that he wants. The problem with many people that are overweight is that the food they eat doesnt satiate them, anyone who has ever eaten a bowl of pasta or cereal knows that that shit will leave you hungry in an hour or two. If he focuses primarily on fats and proteins it will make him more full for a longer period of time as opposed to an equivalent serving of carbs. He will get sufficient carbs from vegetables. OP follow the very simple advice in my post and you will get where you want.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by bmulls

Unless your definition of "lean" is different than mine, it would take years and years to build enough muscle to reach a lean 220. Depending on height it's probably impossible for most people.

You always post a whole bunch of bullshit in these threads but I've never seen a pic of you. You strike me as the kind of guy who reads shit on the internet and thinks they are an expert but doesn't have the fitness to back it up.
    He seems to have a strong base, adequate shoulders and good arms. A good amount of lean body mass. It should not be difficult to get there at 5'11" which is his height. L Actually eh u caught me that was major hyperbole designed to motivate. More like 190. Knowledge is knowledge whether it comes from young or old.

I have never once posted blatant lies reg fitness. Don't be caustic.
    Last edited by JEFFERSON MONEY; 01-30-2013 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LBJ 23

No. There is absolutely nothing false about that. Quality of food is more important than quantity which will naturally decrease once he eats more healthy and filling foods

weight loss is simple. It's all about caloric deficit. Say your intake is 2500 cal a day to maintain wait, you want to be eating under taht amount every day while taking in the right proportions of fat/carbs/proteins. For you I'd say you should probably stay away from the carbs and when you do eat them eat them for breakfast and lunch and that's it. You need them to get through your day but not when you're at home doing nothing.

Also that doesn't mean eating 1000 cal a day is an acceptable strategy either. This will make you lose your drive and you will just fall off again. eating 300-500 under your maintenance is ideal because it's a healthy way to lose weight and also a way to keep you focused.

Losing weight is mostly diet but if you exercise regularly it will speed up the process. DONT OVERDO IT. Just like undereating, it will make you disinterested and you will just lose your will to continue. Have a day where you have a cheat meal. Dont go crazy and eat 5 large pizzas, but having that one guilty day is a pretty good motivator to keep you going.

Think of each day like a building block. You can't build a house overnight but if you are consistent you will DEFINITELY see results.

Local High School Star

No. There is absolutely nothing false about that. Quality of food is more important than quantity which will naturally decrease once he eats more healthy and filling foods

calories burned>caloric intake=losing weight (with proper training and hitting right quantity of macros per day=losing mostly fat and not muscles, which is what everyone wants)

I recommend to the OP using IIFYM diet. You will still eat mostly ''clean foods'' but here and there you can still sneak in a meal(must fall under your macros though) which will otherwise be on your mind every single minute of the day if you start following strict bodybuilding diet with ''clean foods'' only. Especially for a guy like yourself who I assume was eating mostly unchecked quantities of high caloric foods.

red1 check this link to easily understand what I'm saying: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=G6H2edyPLU8#!

Quote Originally Posted by Burgz V2
    Have a day where you have a cheat meal.

This. Saturdays for me. Go to a nice restaurant or prepare an extravagant meal at home, couple bottles of wine, some nice bourbon afterwards. Or go to a game with your buds, have some beers and bad stadium food. Like Burgz said try not to over-do, but if you do you've got Sunday to get back on track.

Not in all cases, it honestly depends what the intended goals are. Even if I eat good foods, if I eat too much (calorie wise) I will still gain weight. The quality of food will have benefits to overall health, but in terms of weight loss it is abuot caloric deficits + still getting recommended daily vitamin intakes

HOWEVER, you are right in some degree, if you eat junk, which naturally has more calories in it, it will be harder to create a deficit without starving yourself at some point. Say I eat a whopper and fries for lunch, which has an obscene amount of calories in it, let's say 1000, in order to create a deficit (let's say 2000 is maintenance) i'd have to eat less than 1000 calories the rest of the day in order to get even the slightest of gains. Most people will still eat two or three other FULL meals which would put them way over. SO eating junk is partly a cause but not for the reasons you stated. If I only ate one whopper every day I'd lose weight but I'd be unhealthy as fcuk. See what I'm saying?

Good High School Starter Mach_3's Avatar

1. If you aren't ready to give 100% effort every single day you workout/hit the gym. Then quit while your ahead because you won't make it. And i can't stress how important this is

2. ALWAYS eat less then what you burn out, no matter what you eat
    (and im not saying eat like a slob) if you burn more calories then you put in you WILL lose weight period.

3. Drink plenty of water and cut out sugary drinks. it helps to fill you up so you don't eat as much and on top of that your not taking in more calories when you drink water instead of soda or gatorade or whatever people drink nowadays.

4. I always found it helpful to instead of running for a constant period of time, do 40 yard (or build up to it) sprints followed by a short 30sec or whatever walk and then rinse and repeat. And if you have access to a pool SWIM. Swimming is one of the best ways to burn calories and lose fat, and it helps strengthen muscles at the same time.

Of course you can find a crapton more info off google too. but these are the 4 things i always keep in mind when i go workout/lift/run

Quote Originally Posted by Burgz V2
    Not in all cases, it honestly depends what the intended goals are. Even if I eat good foods, if I eat too much (calorie wise) I will still gain weight. The quality of food will have benefits to overall health, but in terms of weight loss it is abuot caloric deficits + still getting recommended daily vitamin intakes

HOWEVER, you are right in some degree, if you eat junk, which naturally has more calories in it, it will be harder to create a deficit without starving yourself at some point. Say I eat a whopper and fries for lunch, which has an obscene amount of calories in it, let's say 1000, in order to create a deficit (let's say 2000 is maintenance) i'd have to eat less than 1000 calories the rest of the day in order to get even the slightest of gains. Most people will still eat two or three other FULL meals which would put them way over. SO eating junk is partly a cause but not for the reasons you stated. If I only ate one whopper every day I'd lose weight but I'd be unhealthy as fcuk. See what I'm saying?
    From the OPs perspective he doesnt have any knowledge of nutrition so rather than focus on limiting himself to small portions of fries and pizza he should overeat broccoli spinach and other veggies that are not calorically dense while eating solid portions of fat and protein. I don't think it is even possible to overeat some shit like celery so if the op wants to munch all day he can do it that without effecting his weight loss goals.

No it's not possible.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydacris
    cheat days are great

i like to have 6-7 a week

Welcome to LA S. Nash! rhythmic 's Avatar

You have never seen those reality shows about fat people losing like 150+ pounds in a matter of a couple of months? Their "genetics" looked far worse then yours. It's all about proper diet and dedication to an active lifestyle. You have the internet, there are a million of great advices on the web about nutrition and effective work-out routines.

It's about YOU being committed to changing your life; for some reason I don't think you have it in you just by the fact you're blaming your problem on your genetics.