Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Is it possible for me to get a good physique?

Quote Originally Posted by reppy
    Yes, it's possible for you to get into fantastic shape. You don't have bad genetics. Unless you have some physical disability or serious health condition there is nothing to stop you. There's a ****ing dwarf body builder for crying out loud.

Also, what's up man? Haven't seen you around here in ages.
    Certain physical disabilities don't stop you either.

5-time NBA All-Star

If we were to trade places I could get down to 220 LEAN in like 8 months.

It'd be hard as hell because your brain is wired to find solace in certian detrimental foods and lifelong bad habits die hard... but with willpower it is very much possible.. andthe end-goal would be something like this.

3* Strength Training workouts with compound lifts.
    2* H.I.I.T sessions
    and maybe a swimming and yoga session.

400 kcals under mainteance done Intermittent Fasting or Warrior Diet style.

Elimination of grains, sugars, processed foods, allergy creating foods., sodas.
    Enormous intake of water lean meats and green veg.
    Elimination of couch potato habits.
    Elimination of negative doubts.

A 150/100/150 type P/F/C ratio. Fat is high for satiety and hormonal purposes. All carbs are complex sans the simple sugar one.

Brain-wave would be standard alpha.

Surrounded by like minded people.

Meditation to combat cortisol.

Have social support on your side.

But DO NOT GIVE UP your job or your social life in the process lol.

Gentleman Desperado East_Stone_Ya's Avatar

I don't get picked last at the park anymore matt1016's Avatar

You can totally do it but it is going to take a while. Don't focus on results at first, focus on the process. Results will follow.

First step: Clean up diet. Most people look at that as "oh, I can't eat this or that" and I say first add good food. If you eat a meal of chicken, veggies, and apples and you still want Taco Bell, ok have at it. Just wait 15 minutes If you want a bowl of ice cream, ok do it, but drink a protein shake first and wait 15 minutes. You'll be amazed at how your cravings will diminish.

Eventually you have to cut out junk food but I advise using this approach for the first few weeks. You have to get used to buying, cooking, and eating quality food. After a few weeks, start trying to cut off garbage food. Should be easy to do because you've been filling your stomach with good stuff for a couple weeks.

To remake your life and body, you need to take small consistent steps. One thing at a time. First, eat good food. Second, eliminate or diminish bad food. Third, start walking every day, twice a day. Fourth, run or do weights or start bicycling or anything you enjoy that breaks a sweat. Add intensity each week.

I've dropped 25 pounds of fat before. I've gone from 210 to 175 a few times. I've been a size 38 waist and a size 30. It is not impossible! Your mind controls your body, not vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid
    As they say in the diet industry. First step is to put down the spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    I knew I could count on ya!

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by B-Low
    Step 1: Don't ever try to blame genetics for anything. As soon as you start thinking of possible excuses, you're already cheating yourself
    I shall quote this once more for emphasis.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY

It'd be hard as hell because your brain is wired to find solace in certian detrimental foods and lifelong bad habits die hard... but with willpower it is very much possible.. andthe end-goal would be something like this.

3* Strength Training workouts with compound lifts.
    2* H.I.I.T sessions
    and maybe a swimming and yoga session.

400 kcals under mainteance done Intermittent Fasting or Warrior Diet style.

Elimination of grains, sugars, processed foods, allergy creating foods., sodas.
    Enormous intake of water lean meats and green veg.
    Elimination of couch potato habits.
    Elimination of negative doubts.

A 150/100/150 type P/F/C ratio. Fat is high for satiety and hormonal purposes. All carbs are complex sans the simple sugar one.

Brain-wave would be standard alpha.

Surrounded by like minded people.

Meditation to combat cortisol.

Have social support on your side.

But DO NOT GIVE UP your job or your social life in the process lol.

What do you think about this vid?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=G6H2edyPLU8#!

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY

Unless your definition of "lean" is different than mine, it would take years and years to build enough muscle to reach a lean 220. Depending on height it's probably impossible for most people.

You always post a whole bunch of bullshit in these threads but I've never seen a pic of you. You strike me as the kind of guy who reads shit on the internet and thinks they are an expert but doesn't have the fitness to back it up.

I think the best advice here is just to start and don't expect immediate results. Like others have said clean up your diet first. You'll feel better and have more energy to start exercising.

My routine is simple: Resistance 3x/wk, Cardio 2x/wk. Combined with a healthy diet you get excellent results for my goal which is simply not to get fat and to live a long, healthy life. I'm not going to get B-low's body doing that, but we all have different goals. *I use other methods to get B-low's body if you know what I mean.

Get 2 20-min playlists on your iPod. Walk away from your house until the first playlist is over, walk back to the 2nd. Vary the playlists to keep it interesting. After a few weeks try and jog for part of the routine.

If lifting free weights gets dull, split up the routine by doing jumping jacks or push ups.

Wii fit

Quote Originally Posted by bmulls
    You always post a whole bunch of bullshit in these threads but I've never seen a pic of you. You strike me as the kind of guy who reads shit on the internet and thinks they are an expert but doesn't have the fitness to back it up.

bmulls

Decent college freshman

bmulls

I ain't trying to be an asshole but do you really think a guy is going to go from eating McDonald's and sitting on the couch every day to an intense workout routine, a perfect diet, HIIT cardio sessions and fcking meditating to control his cortisol and alpha brainwaves (lol what???)

Let's start by not eating so much and doing a little bit of physical activity. If you try to do it 100% perfect from day 1 you are going to burn yourself out and give up.

Quote Originally Posted by matt1016
    You can totally do it but it is going to take a while. Don't focus on results at first, focus on the process. Results will follow.

First step: Clean up diet. Most people look at that as "oh, I can't eat this or that" and I say first add good food. If you eat a meal of chicken, veggies, and apples and you still want Taco Bell, ok have at it. Just wait 15 minutes If you want a bowl of ice cream, ok do it, but drink a protein shake first and wait 15 minutes. You'll be amazed at how your cravings will diminish.

Eventually you have to cut out junk food but I advise using this approach for the first few weeks. You have to get used to buying, cooking, and eating quality food. After a few weeks, start trying to cut off garbage food. Should be easy to do because you've been filling your stomach with good stuff for a couple weeks.

To remake your life and body, you need to take small consistent steps. One thing at a time. First, eat good food. Second, eliminate or diminish bad food. Third, start walking every day, twice a day. Fourth, run or do weights or start bicycling or anything you enjoy that breaks a sweat. Add intensity each week.

I've dropped 25 pounds of fat before. I've gone from 210 to 175 a few times. I've been a size 38 waist and a size 30. It is not impossible! Your mind controls your body, not vice versa.
    This is all very sound fundamental advice. I think this pretty much covers the basic aspect of getting started. Kudos

What I'd add without regurgitating the eat right, discipline, and exercise yada yada is find someone or something that will motivate you. My bro tried to lose weight for years and only until he recently trained with me he started seeing very substantial results. He just needed someone to push and motivate him. Watching him when he slips up. Training is always easier when there's someone there with you.

Also something to look forward to is healthy eating becomes very addicting once you get on a roll. Then all that sweet stuff becomes gross to you. I look forward to steamed veggies and steak, home made yam fries, ragin cajun chili..... to me desserts are very unappealing now.

And if you need supplement advice don't hesitate...you've PM'd me before LOL!

Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer? johndeeregreen's Avatar

I think the best advice here is just to start and don't expect immediate results. Like others have said clean up your diet first. You'll feel better and have more energy to start exercising.
    Actually, he's got so much extra fat that I'll bet his body is just screaming to lose some of it if just he lets it. Honestly without exercise, I bet if he starts just eating real food he's going to notice a loss in weight. With exercise, his initial weight loss would probably be significant.

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid
    ..you've PM'd me before LOL!

Yeah, OP definitely knows how to use the PM service.