Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

Default Re: Is it possible for me to get a good physique?

Quote Originally Posted by B-Low
    allow me

Absolutely perfect

As to the OP it's possible to lose weight. You need to be motivated and mentally strong and avoid hunger urges or laziness. You'll get what you put in it. You don't need to starve yourself but you need to eat right and healthy. Stop with the sugars and junk food and if you think that's going to be a problem than slowly cut yourself off of it.

Start exercising. If you can burn on average 200-400 calories a day(low balling it) through exercising and cut off another 500 calories from your diet you can get an overall deficit of 800-1000 calories a day which is great.

I know what I said was something anyone tell you but that's the secret.. It's not rocket science and like I said before what you put in is what you get out.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydacris

this girl will whip you into shape, she's helped much bigger people

no she wont have sex with you
    I'd kiss her.

allow me

Tough crowd

NBA Superstar

Similar to Remix, I have a 6'6'' brother who got up to 280+. He then began something called Couch to 5K and carried it through to the end... beyond. The first steps to losing weight probably suck but there's good chance that if you get the ball rolling, losing weight can become addicting. He's a svelte 220 now. 30 years old and dunking again and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid
    Tough crowd
    lol nah its funny cuz as soon as I saw the pics with the spoon I was thinking the exact same thing but I couldn't decide how I wanted to word it so I just left it alone rather than wasting my "bad pun Hades" on a poorly worded pun. So thank you for picking the right words

lol nah its funny cuz as soon as I saw the pics with the spoon I was thinking the exact same thing but I couldn't decide how I wanted to word it so I just left it alone rather than wasting my "bad pun Hades" on a poorly worded pun. So thank you for picking the right words

I meant that I thought our "I set em up, you knock em down" routine would get a flood of laughing emoticons to follow.

Sports, activities, social things involving movement. Surround yourself with it, get into it, become it, and watch the weight fall off. If you got nothing to get you off your ass then it'll just continue to grow. Find something you want to get good at and do it.

Samurai Swoosh

Quote Originally Posted by red1
    Learn how to eat a low carb primal diet and stick to it for a few months and you will notice massive change. Don't be too hard on yourself but at the same time dont be a coward, nearly everything worthwhile in life requires hard work, just gotta start taking steps to head in the direction you want.
    This.

I tried helping you years ago with this, bro ... keep fighting, it's worth it in the end, and think how proud you will be.

Yes, it's possible for you to get into fantastic shape. You don't have bad genetics. Unless you have some physical disability or serious health condition there is nothing to stop you. There's a ****ing dwarf body builder for crying out loud.

Also, what's up man? Haven't seen you around here in ages.

Good High School Starter

Fill the freezer with lean cuisine meals, a lot of them are really good. Eating those heavily for just a month and you'll see some results. See where that goes, you can also do all of your exercise in the house if you don't want to go out. Buy a jump rope and you're good to go, work your way up to 1000/a day 3 days/week, break it down in segments and try to do your chosen amount in one sitting(without aborting the workout to do something else before you reach your limit). I say thats doable

Just one option

Samurai Swoosh

Diet is important. But mental toughness, determination, and actually getting out there and being physical and doing activities is even more important to me. For years, I ate whatever I wanted, and not just small portions. I balanced it out by doing a lot of physical activity. I used to play pickup ball for 3x hours a day and workout for an hour and a half ontop of that.

Why wouldn't it be possible to get a good physique? Start by watching what you eat start doing some exercise and like SevereUpInHere said join a body building forum you'll get a lot of good info.

Step 1: Don't ever try to blame genetics for anything. As soon as you start thinking of possible excuses, you're already cheating yourself
    this

o()xxx[{::::::::::::> SourPatchKids's Avatar

Ignore the troll responses, listen to the good advice here and from your doctor/nutritionalist, and don't give up. Go getem tiger!

Thread abuser

Now can you post more pictures? Maybe with an apple in your mouth and some honey butter rub on?