Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Good High School Starter

Default Clippers will get bounced out in the first round

one reason VDN

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default Re: Clippers will get bounced out in the first round

I agree Vinny is a lame coach.... but comon dude. They just lost by 3 to the hottest team in the NBA and another elite team in the west. They had to give the damn game away too. 9 games over .500... and the team is still improving.. let's give them till the end of the year before making predictions like this.

Local High School Star ChrisKreager's Avatar

Who can you really trust in the West to possibly beat them in round 1? Injury-plagued Denver? The anti-road warrior Lakers? Playoff nomad Houston?

As far as I'm concerned, nothing will surprise me out West. Nothing will surprise me in that conference come springtime.

Good High School Starter

second reason chauncey billups is done

I am the First Officer ImmortalNemesis's Avatar

Well it depends. If they finish top 3 they won't get bounced. If Clipps finish 4th, 5th seed has a legit chance.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisKreager
    Who can you really trust in the West to possibly beat them in round 1? Injury-plagued Denver? The anti-road warrior Lakers? Playoff nomad Houston?

As far as I'm concerned, nothing will surprise me out West. Nothing will surprise me in that conference come springtime.
    It's sad that injuries and fatigue is going to be 80 percent of it. By the time playoffs hit every team will probably have at least 2 key players out. ALL teams will be extremely exhausted and banged up. In hindsight it would have been MUCH better if the league did a 50 game schedule.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalNemesis
    Well it depends. If they finish top 3 they won't get bounced. If Clipps finish 4th, 5th seed has a legit chance.
    This

they're screwed if meet the Mavs or Spurs in 1st round

Local High School Star Magic731's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    It's sad that injuries and fatigue is going to be 80 percent of it. By the time playoffs hit every team will probably have at least 2 key players out. ALL teams will be extremely exhausted and banged up. In hindsight it would have been MUCH better if the league did a 50 game schedule.
    This. Most teams have at least one key player out of their rotation. I hate injuries. I wish every team could always play at full strength. A lot of this season will come down to which team is healthier, which is definitely unfair.

Quote Originally Posted by DRose1899
    This

they're screwed if meet the Mavs or Spurs in 1st round
    Wouldn't say "screwed" dude. They almost stole the recent games vs Mavs and Spurs who are far better coached and more experienced. The Clippers are rapidly improving obviously and will likely be a better squad by season end.

That being said... Spurs and Mavs are absolutely the two teams in the west I hope the Clippers can avoid. The great coach coaching, experience, great execution of these teams really hurt the Clippers.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic731
    This. Most teams have at least one key player out of their rotation. I hate injuries. I wish every team could always play at full strength. A lot of this season will come down to which team is healthier, which is definitely unfair.
    I agree..... it's lame. It's why it's very hard outside of maybe 3 teams (Bulls, Thunder, Heat) to call many teams legit elite teams right now. The "top" teams will go on 5+ game win streaks then get blown out by 30+ by a bad team. It's purely due to fatigue and injuries. No way to get a great read on 27 other teams like you normally can.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    I agree Vinny is a lame coach.... but comon dude. They just lost by 3 to the hottest team in the NBA and another elite team in the west. They had to give the damn game away too. 9 games over .500... and the team is still improving.. let's give them till the end of the year before making predictions like this.
    Agree. They have a lot to improve on but I believe they will improve before playoffs. VDN hasn't proved that he can coach these guys and I doubt he will ever prove it.

not having billups really hurt them in the line up. i wouldnt say they are completely fkd, but probably not as good as they could have been.

Very good NBA starter

just making it to the playoffs is an achievement for that franchise lol.

Quote Originally Posted by SCdac
    Way to make a douchy, uninformed comment . Obviously the expectations from others as well as the team are MUCH higher this season and going forward than merely making the playoffs.

Arcadia, CA

Quote Originally Posted by SCdac
    back-handed compliment