Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Tesla unveils Model Y

Another $60k that the masses can

[QUOTE=NumberSix]Again, I

Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive
    I wrote it twice already and you ignored it. It's theoretically possible that you can build infrastructure where charging isn't a necessity for electrical engines anymore.
    Yes, I saw your post about the country being paved with energy emitting roads. There

[QUOTE=NumberSix]Yes, I saw your post about the country being paved with energy emitting roads. There

Funny story. My former coworker is dating this guy (finally engaged) to him, he said if you buy me a tesla I'd marry you in the future. She ended up taking out loans and maxing credit cards to help him get the car which she still does pay for. They're getting married in May but, I found it funny that he was making okay money ($60k) as an IT tech, she was making $33k living in his mom's house, one bed room "attempting to save up for a house" living like roaches. Just to have this car.

Funny how people want social status so bad they'd live like shit for it.

Every time I see this guy he screams insecurity. They swear they'll buy a house soon and penny pinched every time we went out for lunch she wouldn't buy or attempt coming out. She cup noodled it for 2 years. He was working 3-5 jobs a week.

I'm looking at websites like lease trader or swap a lease and to take over a lease on a tesla is $600-900+ a month.

It was a model S.

Last edited by Draz; 03-16-2019 at 09:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive
    At the moment yes, but so were electrical trains at some point.
    I don't know if we'll see cars that are charged inductively as they drive in our lifetime, but I'm quite sure we will see parking spots that offer inductive charging in the future. Your car is at a 64% charge. You pull into the grocery store to get some fresh produce. You park in one of the inductive spots and go about your business. You come back 20 minutes later and your car is at 85%.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

[QUOTE=NumberSix]Again, I

There is also already subsidization for solar panels through solar rebates and SREC in USA, and I expect solar to continue to grow on residential housing.

The main issue is with commercial charging infrastructure and maybe rental buildings like apartments where the owners may not feel it worth adding panels for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    The superchargers charge vehicles very quickly. Like 15 minutes will give you over 100 miles of drive time or some sh*t like that. Not as fast as gas of course but it's not like its several hours. Most people will drive around all day and just charge overnight at home.

Electric cars are 100% guaranteed to be the future. The infrastructure is already there, where all someone has to do is just plunk down some charging stations and that's it. That's nothing compared to what someone would have to do to set up a hydrogen fuel cell refueling station.

Clock how many miles you drive a day for a week. I drive 20k miles a year and if a tesla can get me 100-150 miles a day, which they easily do already, that's just fine. Electric vehicles already work for most people in terms of range and they are only getting better and better and better.

Amazon just invested 700 million dollars in a new electric car startup called Rivian. GM is trying to get in on it too.

The German gov. just agreed to subsidize 1.2 billion dollars for electric vehicle and battery development.
    Yup, and everything you've said has been said already in this thread... at least 3 times... and he's moderated his stance in record time. He went from...

[QUOTE=NumberSix]The whole

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    There is also already subsidization for solar panels through solar rebates and SREC in USA, and I expect solar to continue to grow on residential housing.

The main issue is with commercial charging infrastructure and maybe rental buildings like apartments where the owners may not feel it worth adding panels for whatever reason.
    All that roof real estate and on-prem battery systems will really help offset a sizeable amount of our steadily increasing energy needs over the next few decades. Government and business will really need to incentivize the adoption of solar, battery and charging technology.

[QUOTE=NumberSix]I don

The only hope in hell we have of powering a few hundred million electric cars and homes is nuclear. Solar is so expensive, inefficient, and takes up so much space that it is a joke. Panels need to improve tenfold from where they are now and we still need to store all that power somehow. Wind is even less reliable, but far cheaper than solar and takes up a fraction of the land area per kw/hr.

No thank you to electric car.

Local High School Star hiphopanonymous's Avatar

why am I so underwhelmed?

what an ugly car