Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011
    Decent college freshman InfiniteBaskets's Avatar

Default Re: Wade vs. Kobe, who's better this season?

Quote Originally Posted by Hihater
    Most of the time the heat lost was because of wade never step up...did u guys even watch the heat early in the season? d-wade was shit and barely doing anything in the 4th qrt.
    So then are you trying to say Wade's not a superstar player? Can you do me favor and tell some other posters out there that the Heat aren't underachieving since they really don't have anyone other than LeBron?

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Papaya Petee
    Wade sh*ts on Kobe in every possible way. Kobe can play another 20 years and will never have the Finals Performance that Wade had. I don't get the love this Kobe guy gets. WTF is so special about him? He is a low percentage jump shooter, who sometimes slides his feet on defense. That's it. WTF is mind-blowing about that? Sure. it's solid, but it's not anywhere near the caliber of Wade's game. Wade's the more complete, atheltic, attacking player. Wade's game stands the test of being beat up and coming back harder. Kobe on the other hand, is one foul away from getting another technical foul from arguing how he was fouled on his 26 foot fadeaway jumper. I'll take Wade 11 times out of 10. Kobe has always been overrated. 3 gift-wrapped titles with Shaq carrying him while getting Finals MVP's and MVP and one Boston chokejob doesn't trump Wade's wealth of skill and achievement.

See how easy that was?
    terrible post.

Decent playground baller Hihater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteBaskets
    So then are you trying to say Wade's not a superstar player? Can you do me favor and tell some other posters out there that the Heat aren't underachieving since they really don't have anyone other than LeBron?
    The question was who's better this season? i never said anything about wade not a superstar player but trying to answer the OP question. d-wade in the beginning of the year was not the player he was.

I usually hit open layups B-Rich's Avatar

Easily Wade. He has better stats, and he is a co number 1 option with Lebron James. Kobe is the number one option no questions. [COLOR="Red"]Wade[/COLOR] is better.

NBA rookie of the year ginobli2311's Avatar

wade.

better numbers and plays better defense.

people need to remember that Wade sat out the preseason injured and started slow. It took him awhile to get into the swing of things and only averaged 20 points per game in his first month back. That's partly the reason why the Heat started slow going 9-8 in the first 17 games.

In the middle of the season he had a wrist injury to deal with and had to tape up his wrist for awhile. I'm not making an excuse but you could see it bothered him for awhile as he was favoring his wrist for some weeks.

Since the All-star break Wade is 2nd in the NBA for ppg with 26.4 with a 58TS. The only one ahead of him since the break is LeBron with 27.4 pts per game.

Quote Originally Posted by Heat007
    people need to remember that Wade sat out the preseason injured and started slow. It took him awhile to get into the swing of things and only averaged 20 points per game in his first month back. That's partly the reason why the Heat started slow going 9-8 in the first 17 games.

In the middle of the season he had a wrist injury to deal with and had to tape up his wrist for awhile. I'm not making an excuse but you could see it bothered him for awhile as he was favoring his wrist for some weeks.

Since the All-star break Wade is 2nd in the NBA for ppg with 26.4 with a 58TS. The only one ahead of him since the break is LeBron with 27.4 pts per game.
    Both have dealt with their fair share of injures this year.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    Kobe has had something like 3 knee surgeries and tons of nagging injuries as well.. And by the time wade hits kobe's current minute count he'll be in a wheelchair. Kobe has clearly lost a step but he is still easily on prime wade's level.

I'd say wade has been the better player so far but kobe has been practically resting for most of the season playing the least minutes since he became a starter.. The playoffs will bring the best out in both of them so we'll see whose better then.
    He is but Wade's a tad better because of his speed.

*Flaash!*

I posted this in the other thread- 'How exactly is D Wade better than Kobe':

Shooting:
    Mid range: Kobe (Though for a time Wade was one of the better mid-range shooters. I believe it was in '09, but for some reason, he has not had the touch he had then aside from his typical baseline turn around)
    3-pt: Kobe
    FT: Kobe

Defense:
    Rebounding: Wade (I think Kobe is a great rebounder when he wants to be, but Wade is the best rebounding guard in the league, especially given his height, IMO)
    Man-to-man: Tie (Both can be lazy as Hell. I think Wade has picked it up on D since ASB, but when Kobe goes in lockdown mode, few are as good, but Wade is/close to his equal, IMO)
    Help D: Wade (Not even close. Wade went 100+ in both blocks/steals in '09 and that was impressive. He is a great chase-down blocker himself and plays the passing lanes well)

Drawing fouls: Tie (Wade with his drives, Kobe with his ability to get the defender in the air. Though, neither are bad at the opposite- quite opposite in that they are both fantastic at each aspect)
    Passing: Kobe (but this could be a tie. I just think Kobe has the slight edge)
    Penetrating: Wade (Kobe can still penetrate well; a lot better than a lot of people make it seem, but Wade is the best IMO of the last few years at getting in the lane and being able to finish)
    Post game: Kobe (Wade is not bad in the post by any means, but Kobe has a FANTASTIC post game and I would easily argue top 3 in the league. Yes, including big men)
    Footwork: Tie (Wade uses his footwork well in more explosive movements and in changing directions. Kobe uses his footwork to create space or set up teammates. Both use their footwork well, but those are where each bests the other, IMO)
    Clutch factor: Tie (If I need a last-second shot, I am going with Kobe. If I need somebody to make the correct play- whether passing, shooting, whatever, I am going with Wade. If I need a defensive stop for one play, I am going with Kobe, but have no problems with somebody taking Wade)
    Fastbreak: Wade (He and LBJ are the top 2 in this category and it's just not close. His athletic ability, specifically his quickness, is hard to match)
    Leadership: Kobe (I think he has learned to become a great leader in this league. He knows, for the most part, how to push his teammates in order to get what he wants out of them. Wade isn't necessarily a bad leader, but I think he isn't as obvious about it as Kobe. Wade leads more by example and with his energy by getting the crowd/team into the game with his play. Kobe will get in a player's face, coach them on the sidelines or in breaks of play and with his never-give-up attitude, sacrificing himself for the play (which Wade does too))

Comparison: Kobe is my favorite player in the league, but he can frustrate me more than any other player in the league sometimes. When he is playing how he knows to play, he is by far my favorite player to watch. One of those 20 pts, 10 assists games; where he is just picking apart the defense and making the smart play every time down the floor. It truly is such a joy to watch him do it. He knows exactly where to go and what to do in order to draw the correct double team to free up Pau or Bynum for the easy bucket. I've seen it too many times to count. But then, there are those games, where you just the entire match. He is just building a mansion with all those bricks. He just simply refuses to stop, whether he is cold as ice or not. He ignores wide open teammates and it can get annoying. However, a lot of the time, he will hit those shots or go on fire and light a team up for 10 pts quickly. My favorite part of his game is his ability to hit retarded shots that make you go all at the same time. It isn't always the best play, but when he makes it and is in one of those grooves, I can't help but love it. It's part of the dual-edged sword that is Kobe. You have to accept the good with the bad. Luckily, it has given more rewards.

Wade is who I find to be one the most exciting players in the league to watch. The drives he will make, the circus shots he will make, and his ability to stop on a dime and leaving the defender flying are second to none. I love watching him when he gets hot from everywhere on the floor, especially from 3, since he isn't typically great from there. He splits the defense better than anybody. His euro step is one of my favorite moves to watch. Games like last year against Boston where he shot 67% are special to watch.

Who do I think is better: I don't think you can choose either and be wrong. It may sound like copping out, but really, that is what I think. Depends on the day. People want to talk about the stats. This year, Wade is playing more efficiently and producing more than Kobe. However, he needs to for his team. Kobe has a ton of mileage on his legs and has been playing reduced minutes. He is saving himself for the playoffs. I think once the playoffs are over is when we can evaluate who the better performer on the season was. I truly think Kobe will up his level of play in the playoffs and they will be very comparable to each other. The player who does more clutch plays and/or goes further in the playoffs will probably be remembered as the better player during the season.

When it comes down to 4th-quarter play, I think Wade is more reliable for consistently playing a high-level throughout the quarter. I think Kobe is more reliable in being able to get off high-difficulty shots (yes, many times by his own doing) and making them in the closing seconds when a clutch shot is required. Also, I like Kobe's ability to hit FTs over Wade when it is a close game and it comes down to FTs.

Quote Originally Posted by Juges8932
    I posted this in the other thread- 'How exactly is D Wade better than Kobe':

Shooting:
    Mid range: Kobe (Though for a time Wade was one of the better mid-range shooters. I believe it was in '09, but for some reason, he has not had the touch he had then aside from his typical baseline turn around)
    3-pt: Kobe
    FT: Kobe

Defense:
    Rebounding: Wade (I think Kobe is a great rebounder when he wants to be, but Wade is the best rebounding guard in the league, especially given his height, IMO)
    Man-to-man: Tie (Both can be lazy as Hell. I think Wade has picked it up on D since ASB, but when Kobe goes in lockdown mode, few are as good, but Wade is/close to his equal, IMO)
    Help D: Wade (Not even close. Wade went 100+ in both blocks/steals in '09 and that was impressive. He is a great chase-down blocker himself and plays the passing lanes well)

Drawing fouls: Tie (Wade with his drives, Kobe with his ability to get the defender in the air. Though, neither are bad at the opposite- quite opposite in that they are both fantastic at each aspect)
    Passing: Kobe (but this could be a tie. I just think Kobe has the slight edge)
    Penetrating: Wade (Kobe can still penetrate well; a lot better than a lot of people make it seem, but Wade is the best IMO of the last few years at getting in the lane and being able to finish)
    Post game: Kobe (Wade is not bad in the post by any means, but Kobe has a FANTASTIC post game and I would easily argue top 3 in the league. Yes, including big men)
    Footwork: Tie (Wade uses his footwork well in more explosive movements and in changing directions. Kobe uses his footwork to create space or set up teammates. Both use their footwork well, but those are where each bests the other, IMO)
    Clutch factor: Tie (If I need a last-second shot, I am going with Kobe. If I need somebody to make the correct play- whether passing, shooting, whatever, I am going with Wade. If I need a defensive stop for one play, I am going with Kobe, but have no problems with somebody taking Wade)
    Fastbreak: Wade (He and LBJ are the top 2 in this category and it's just not close. His athletic ability, specifically his quickness, is hard to match)
    Leadership: Kobe (I think he has learned to become a great leader in this league. He knows, for the most part, how to push his teammates in order to get what he wants out of them. Wade isn't necessarily a bad leader, but I think he isn't as obvious about it as Kobe. Wade leads more by example and with his energy by getting the crowd/team into the game with his play. Kobe will get in a player's face, coach them on the sidelines or in breaks of play and with his never-give-up attitude, sacrificing himself for the play (which Wade does too))

Comparison: Kobe is my favorite player in the league, but he can frustrate me more than any other player in the league sometimes. When he is playing how he knows to play, he is by far my favorite player to watch. One of those 20 pts, 10 assists games; where he is just picking apart the defense and making the smart play every time down the floor. It truly is such a joy to watch him do it. He knows exactly where to go and what to do in order to draw the correct double team to free up Pau or Bynum for the easy bucket. I've seen it too many times to count. But then, there are those games, where you just the entire match. He is just building a mansion with all those bricks. He just simply refuses to stop, whether he is cold as ice or not. He ignores wide open teammates and it can get annoying. However, a lot of the time, he will hit those shots or go on fire and light a team up for 10 pts quickly. My favorite part of his game is his ability to hit retarded shots that make you go all at the same time. It isn't always the best play, but when he makes it and is in one of those grooves, I can't help but love it. It's part of the dual-edged sword that is Kobe. You have to accept the good with the bad. Luckily, it has given more rewards.

Wade is who I find to be one the most exciting players in the league to watch. The drives he will make, the circus shots he will make, and his ability to stop on a dime and leaving the defender flying are second to none. I love watching him when he gets hot from everywhere on the floor, especially from 3, since he isn't typically great from there. He splits the defense better than anybody. His euro step is one of my favorite moves to watch. Games like last year against Boston where he shot 67% are special to watch.

Who do I think is better: I don't think you can choose either and be wrong. It may sound like copping out, but really, that is what I think. Depends on the day. People want to talk about the stats. This year, Wade is playing more efficiently and producing more than Kobe. However, he needs to for his team. Kobe has a ton of mileage on his legs and has been playing reduced minutes. He is saving himself for the playoffs. I think once the playoffs are over is when we can evaluate who the better performer on the season was. I truly think Kobe will up his level of play in the playoffs and they will be very comparable to each other. The player who does more clutch plays and/or goes further in the playoffs will probably be remembered as the better player during the season.

When it comes down to 4th-quarter play, I think Wade is more reliable for consistently playing a high-level throughout the quarter. I think Kobe is more reliable in being able to get off high-difficulty shots (yes, many times by his own doing) and making them in the closing seconds when a clutch shot is required. Also, I like Kobe's ability to hit FTs over Wade when it is a close game and it comes down to FTs.
    nice post