Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Default Re: Ainge spent years collecting assets specifically for Anthony Davis

Quote Originally Posted by RealSkipBayless
    Celtics missed their chance at great players and are back to being one of those young teams doing nothing.. After all that talk of AD Kyrie dynasty and talking shit.. back to the drawing board!

Who doesn't like kicking the Celtics when they are down. Especially with the meltdowns to receive. I had to come again just like the other Laker fans, and we will keep coming.
    Not even one game played, and Celtics are down?

Insecurity

Wait till Lebron activated his playoff mode then you guys speak.

Joke of the year. Playoff mode, pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by ronniec
    Not even one game played, and Celtics are down?

Insecurity

Wait till Lebron activated his playoff mode then you guys speak.

Joke of the year. Playoff mode, pathetic.

Yeah but I can admit that was cringy bad and pathetic. You cant admit Ainge is garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by AirTupac
    Yeah but I can admit that was cringy bad and pathetic. You cant admit Ainge is garbage.
    Ainge built a 2008 winning team.

Because of one bad/not so good off season and how he is garbage?

Again, get the facts right, he stacked up for AD and was it his fault that AD not coming?

It would not be a one on one Kyrie for AD trade... some other players had to be added to make that trade happen.
    It was just a business decision not to send Kyrie plus players/picks to get a one year rental of AD. Where did that blame come from?

Was it Ainge's fault KD and Kyrie tried to team up and leave?

The only surprise was just Horford, but he was asking for the money and number of years of contract that the team cannot afford. So, it was Ainge's fault also?

Ainge's strategy was good, to stack up the picks... but the whole trade/FA world in NBA is dynamic. Players have more power to bargain, and there are more teams can offer max/supermax contract than before. Players teaming up to form super teams is also another trend.

It is not just as simple as I give the FA max contracts or offer other teams a number of picks and will get something in return for sure.

Ainge's intention was good, but the outcome was just not expected.
    The only not so good decision for me was, offering Hayward that huge contract. But God knows he would have a career ending injury in his first game of the club, while he was an all star and having a career year a season before?

As a Celtic fan for 37 years, I won't blame Ainge.

Averaging 1.4 ppg RealSkipBayless's Avatar

I mean if you think Ainge keeping you guys treading water and being middle of the pack is good. Then alright.

Local High School Star TheCalmInsanity's Avatar

Hey AirMoron remember when you were yapping about Kawhi to LAL being a done deal and you ducked me 3 TIMES when I was trying to make a ban bet with you?

I said if Lakers land Kawhi I would be banned, and if Clippers land Kawhi, you would be banned. I would have been a hero but no, you had to chicken out as usual since you knew you were only spewing out bullshit to get attention

I mean if you think Ainge keeping you guys treading water and being middle of the pack is good. Then alright.
    Nobody said Celtics is better than last season, and NOBODY said we are the contenders this season.

We are weakened in certain ways that's for sure, but it is not like the anti-Celtics/anti-Ainge people said, we are in a crisis and playoff bound team.

We lost a few players, but get enough and adequate to keep ourselves for being relevant. Playoff is not a problem, and we are not starting from ground zero. We still have a solid core to build on, that's the FACT.

One or two good trades, which is possible, and we will be a true force again. We are not that far, and that's the reason I am so positive.

After losing Kyrie, Horford, Rozier, Morris and we still have a solid roster, this is positive. 3rd, 4th, 5th best in the East, who cares. I know we will bounce back.

Quote Originally Posted by fiddy
    OP spent years ODing on blunts and still cant acquire true smoker status

RIP Godzuki

NEVER FORGET!

Exactly. These guys act like Ainge has done some miracles or something. Straight trash GM

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater

GODAMNNNN AINGE GOAT

Gotta give Ainge tons and tons of credit for getting that team a championship but man...he keeps trying to out think himself which is leading to the Celtics missing on these elite players.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    who the fk are those guys?

Quote Originally Posted by bobopenguin
    who the fk are those guys?
    aspiring rappers i think

lil's