Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default The 'this jeremy lin thing is fun, but he cant sustain it' bandwagon

ive loved this lin story. who hasnt, but there is no way he can keep this up. if he is averaging above 12ppg, and 6 apg by the end of the year, i will be surprised.

guys just dont go from bench-warmer/possibly-going-to-get-cut, to 20ppg scorers overnight. it just doesnt happen.

his first few games have just been an aberration. eventually he will regress back to what he really is. and i dont know exactly what that is, but its a lot worse that how hes playing right now.

its been fun, but the linsanity has to come to an end

so do you think he can really sustain a high level of play? or is this just a flash in the pan?[COLOR="White"]

(I know, i know, another lin thread, blah blah blah . . . its an interesting story, there are going to be lots of threads about him.)[/COLOR]
    Last edited by chips93; 02-12-2012 at 01:34 PM.

Default Re: The 'this jeremy lin thing is fun, but he cant sustain it' bandwagon

this is what everyone with a brain is thinking

Default Re: The 'this jeremy lin thing is fun, but he cant sustain it' bandwagon

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    ive loved this lin story. who hasnt, but there is no way he can keep this up. if he is averaging above 12ppg, and 6 apg by the end of the year, i will be surprised.

guys just dont go from bench-warmer/possibly-going-to-get-cut, to 20ppg scorers overnight. it just doesnt happen.

his first few games have just been an aberration. eventually he will regress back to what he really is. and i dont know exactly what that is, but its a lot worse that how hes playing right now.

its been fun, but the linsanity has to come to an end

so do you think he can really sustain a high level of play? or is this just a flash in the pan?[COLOR="White"]

(I know, i know, another lin thread, blah blah blah . . . its an interesting story, there are going to be lots of threads about him.)[/COLOR]

I can't honestly tell if he will or not we'll just have to wait and see huh?

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Nobody in NBA history has done what he's doing. He's not doing it vs scrubs either, sans the Lakers game. He's doing it vs very good PG's and a couple very solid teams. There is no way he drops off as much as you're saying. Obviously he won't sustain 26 ppg, 8 apg and 3 steals a game... but... for him to finish at around 17 and 8 (Tony Parker level player) isn't too unrealistic.

This kid is here to stay.

cool story bro

Quote Originally Posted by kurple
    this is what everyone with a brain is thinking
    Anyone with even half a brain understands that Lin will never be asked to be an elite-level scorer on a team with Stat and Melo.

Will he continue to be an offensive threat, and capable of dropping 30 on a given night? -- Yes.

Will he continue to be smart about distributing the ball and making good decisions in crunch time? -- Yes.

Will his speed and quickness off of the dribble suddenly disappear? - No.

So, yes, he'll continue to be very successful as the Knicks starting point guard, as long as Pringles doesn't overuse him.

Obviously he won't continue averaging 27/8 on +50% shooting but I think he can be a solid contributor on this team.

He plays smart,attacks the basket and can pass.
    You don't lose that over night.

This streak probably wasn't a fluke. He isn't some kind of shooter who gets hot for a few games and scores 30+ points.
    Most of his points came because he attacked the basket and that's pretty consistent way to score.

If he can average 13 points and 8 assists per game until the end of the season I will be more than satisfied.

Quote Originally Posted by alenleomessi
    cool story bro
    Please tell me what that gif is from and the girl's name

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Please tell me what that gif is from and the girl's name
    i dont know man its probably some comedy, maybe someone else can tell us

Quote Originally Posted by alenleomessi
    i dont know man its probably some comedy, maybe someone else can tell us
    Just researched it. It's Lindsay Maxwell from "Revenge of the boarding school dropouts" apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Nobody in NBA history has done what he's doing. He's not doing it vs scrubs either, sans the Lakers game. He's doing it vs very good PG's and a couple very solid teams. There is no way he drops off as much as you're saying. Obviously he won't sustain 26 ppg, 8 apg and 3 steals a game... but... for him to finish at around 17 and 8 (Tony Parker level player) isn't too unrealistic.

This kid is here to stay.
    this is exactly why i dont think he can sustain it. and by sustaining it, i mean, i dont think that he can score 15ppg.

Quote Originally Posted by Shepseskaf
    Will he continue to be an offensive threat, and capable of dropping 30 on a given night? -- Yes.

Will he continue to be smart about distributing the ball and making good decisions in crunch time? -- Yes.

Will his speed and quickness off of the dribble suddenly disappear? - No.
    will teams pick up on his tendencies, and force him to his weaknesses - Yes
    Last edited by chips93; 02-12-2012 at 02:16 PM.

I dont think he will sustain this high level of play. I do think he will remain a starting caliber PG.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    I dont think he will sustain this high level of play. I do think he will remain a starting caliber PG.
    exactly, and that's still incredibly impressive for someone that was cut from two teams and went undrafted. expectation needn't be so high.

agree with the three above