Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Saw a basketball once

Default Re: Nastiest block someone had on you

Blocks from behind arn't as bad as face to face, but the most embarasing ones are when the ball is in the air after it has left the persons hands and the defender leaps and swats it

Saw a basketball once

i was in the left corner and i blew by my defender by going baseline and took an enormous jump stomp to the hoop and all i could see was daylight.. so i soared to the hoop to lay up it on the left side and the ball gets knocked outta bounds (and i get knocked down by body contact) and i hear really loud "GET THT SHIT OUTA HERE N****" and the dude is all standing over me and stuff lol............ so bad

Decent college freshman

I usually do the blocking as I am playing in a much less competitive league than I used to when I took the game really seriously but I got blocked pretty big a couple of weeks ago. I did a post spin move and thought I was free so went up for the shot. Just as I realease the ball I see this massive black guy jump up and swat the ball just as it is about to hit the top of the square on the backboard and the ball goes out of bounds.

My biggest block ever was huge but the guy was a lot smaller than me so I don't know if it really counts. I am 6'5 this guy was probably 5'7 or 5'8 and really skinny so he looked even smaller. He was one of those Asian guys who has mad handles and kept crossing up our guy and cruising in for easy layups. After him doing this about 3 times I choose to lag off my man and play help d, he crosses our guard up and goes up with the floater thinking he has got another easy two, I come from the weakside and block the ball onto the next court and the ball hits a guy playing over there. I end up knocking him over somehow also and both my team and his team start screaming and the whole centre looks over as to what happened.

I know I just bragged like crazy but it was so good that I had to share it.

NBA Superstar

So, my sophomore year, I took my 6'6'' brother's starting position at power forward on the varsity level (he had graduated). I was 6'2'' at the time. Since my brother definitely didn't dominate on this level (again, at 6'6'') I figured I'd have no chance of survival. I spent most of my first game running all about (aimlessly) and didn't score a single point.

This led me to our second game, where I was still wondering when I was finally going to score (or if I was going to score at all). Our 2nd opponent's front line featured a lanky 6'8'' fellow and a 6'7'' brute named DaJuan Van Horn who roughly resembled a meaner Michael Clarke Duncan. Over half the contest had passed and I was still without a bucket. I was beginning to think scoring just wasn't going to be my thing in basketball, especially down low amongst players with a six inch height advantage.

Then it happened. One of my teammates was able to drive to the basket and draw multiple defenders before deftly dropping the ball off into my lap on the opposite block. I had the most open look I'd ever see in high school basketball, yet all I could think about was Michael Clarke Duncan standing in my peripheral. So conscious was I of the big fellow on the opposite block that I did not shoot my layup to score. Rather, I was setting him up for the spike. During the entire sequence I was thinking "He's gonna block it if I take my time and go soft. He's gonna destroy it if I think about it too much." So of course, this dude pulverized my shot, more with a downward smahsed-off-the-floor trajectory than an into-the-crowd effect. Also, I'm pretty sure I fell. Clearly, he'd made certain I wouldn't score at all my second game either.

The good news is I'd finally score in my 3rd game, and I'd never go scoreless again. But I'm not sure I've ever been blocked as badly as I was that one horrible evening.
    Last edited by Rake2204; 08-23-2011 at 10:00 AM.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

it's been a while since i got a nasty swat i don't normally dwell on them buut i get tipped or a half block

Okay how about when I smacked this kids stuff once.

Honestly, the block I did would be the block of the year in the NBA I think. I have no idea how I smacked the ball so hard.

The kid was like 6'6 and I'm like 6'2 so he threw up a pretty soft layup so I blocked it so hard that the ball went over a 10-12 feet fence outside of the whole court. Everyone went crazy and I mean crazy, the guy was talking shit before too that's what made it better.

Banned

Someone once broke my thumb blocking me so yeah that was pretty hard.. got the foul call though.

I've never gottan blocked real bad in my life. I know it sounds weird, but I just don't put up shots that get swatted. I've gotten my shots tipped or like tied up before (Like blocked before I even am able to get the shot off, but never like someone just chased me down and swatted my shot off the back board or sent a shot down to the end or something like that. I think I am probably too aware of shot blockers that's why.

Saw a basketball once

im usually the one doing the shot blocking ...

Couple months ago, we were scrimming so this guy I'm matched up with has a lot of weight on me but it didn't matter because he was awful. No joke, 100% serious, the dude went up and shot and I blocked him, not once, not twice, not 3 times, but 5 times (he kept getting the ball after the block). He was about to fight me after the play ended. Needless to say, I clowned him for a while after that (as did others).

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

haha I never really got blocked like ass on the ground block(since after I started weight lifting I stopped getting pushed around but got blocked more due to play with more physically fit players).

However, there was a time where someone just blocked it and sent the ball flying 10 feet away. It was pretty bad since that guy was in volleyball and I just did some retarded underhand layup which was in perfect spiking position.

Good college starter

Going up for a dunk and I got blocked and clothes lined at the same line smh.

we were losing pretty badly in the final of this little tournament, were really outmatched, into the second half and the game is over. they are in a 2-3 zone, i get by my man, after he is late rotating onto me, then i eurostep around the next defender, but i have to slow way down to do it, i get around him, but with no forward momentum, then i lay up a soft shot onto the glass with a feeling like the other teams 6-6 shot blocker lurking, he swats my shot out of bounds from behind, the ball barely got to the height of the backboard. and the crowd of like 50 start screaming. pretty humbling. it was like watching a train wreck, it seemed to be happening kinda slowly, and i knew how it would turn out, but by the time i had gathered the ball, there was nothing i could do to prevent it.

I used to get blocked much more when I was slower.

Now when I beat my man I look to pass more since I always draw a help defender.

A lot of people get blocked because once they start their drive/shot/post-move they get tunnel vision.

Always know where you can pass it.

I usually don't get blocked though one time this guy blocked me face to face on a floater

Anyways the nastiest block I had was on this huge 6'+ black guy in a pickup game. It was an illegal block but the pure badassery of it made no one care. So the guy was crossing everyone up and decided to do a step back fadeaway on me so i grab his shoulder and step on his leg and climb up and block him. Keep in mind i was only like 5'5" at the time