Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: What Is Your Player Profile?

5'10 about 150 lbs

im a combo guard, average shooter, good penetrator. im good at finishing around the rim, eurostep, hop step, good at attacking the body of he shot blocker. my court vision holds me back. i just dont see the whole court well, and can get tunnel vision at times. im little too pasive on the offensive end at times, just looking to run the offense, only attacking the basket as a secondary option. im poor rebounder, but im a guard, s its not a huge weakness. i really have no mid range game. i mean, i can hit a mid range j, but not pulling up, or off of a pick and roll. despite my poor court vision, im a good passer. i sued to practice this steve nash drill of pasing one handed, with each hand, and that improved my passing with my left hand so much, and i think thats a nice tool that i have, that a lot of people dont work on. good on defense, thats a big reason i get playing time. not very fast hands, but goo lateral quickness, and decen hustle. good open court speed, im very aggressive on the fast break, looking to make plays for myself and others.

overall a solid player who just tries to fill a role, and not do anything crazy that hurts my team.

Offense: primarily a shooter, i can shoot off the dribble or catch and shoot. i like to have the ball in my hands and i can create a shot for myself but i prefer to shoot off a pick. i can't drive in at all anymore, i rolled my ankle terribly not too long ago and i'm just too scared to drive in. i'm 6'1 and i'm comfortable in the post, i have a good turnaround baseline jumper that i really worked on.

Defense: excellent perimeter defender. help defense is pretty weak and my post defense isn't great. not good at rebounding, especially at my size. i used to be but then i rolled my ankle and i'm scared of landing on people's feet again. just isn't worth it anymore

my passing game is weak and my handles are only decent. i don't have very good court vision. i'm definitely more of a scorer than a playmaker but i play good defense too.

NBA Superstar

6'3''
    170lbs

I slash, shoot and work. I'm not going to play the "I like to think of myself as a poor man's (enter NBA star)" game, but some of my influences have been young versions of Grant Hill, Latrell Sprewell and Sean Elliott. In fact, I modeled my shot after Elliott and my little brother models my shot after me, so Elliott's influence is extending through generations.

Anyway, I get to the rim whenever possible and I do not have much fear in doing so. Many moons ago, unless I'm playing against pros, I realized I have a decided advantage on most defenders waiting on me in the paint. Sometimes I'm not sure some offensive players realize how tough they can be to stop in the paint. In the past six years I've also used Manu Ginobili as a reference point in terms of Euro-stepping general elusiveness in attacking situations. I very much enjoy pushing the temp whenever humanly possible.