Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    High School Varsity 6th Man Connor B's Avatar

Default In b4 Embiid is mediocre/not a star in the NBA

Being a good center in college and being a good center in the NBA are worlds apart. Ya'll have made this kid seem like the next Robinson, Oden, etc. I agree he is very good at Kansas, but anyone expecting him to be some sort of bonafide franchise player is just taking it way too far. He is not the next Duncan or Shaq, he isn't going to be an all-star right out the gate. Likely he is gonna be a Hibbert type of guy who needs to be improved. I can see him being an all-star in his mid twenties maybe, but his stats/impact right now are "inflated" cause he is in college.

I think it is worth taking him first because good, healthy big men are kinda rare, but he won't be a real star as quickly as Jabari will be (and I guess Wiggins too).

Banned

Default Re: In b4 Embiid is mediocre/not a star in the NBA

Parker stans are upset their boy's shine is somewhat dwindling the presence of two Kansas kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Connor B
    Being a good center in college and being a good center in the NBA are worlds apart. Ya'll have made this kid seem like the next Robinson, Oden, etc. I agree he is very good at Kansas, but anyone expecting him to be some sort of bonafide franchise player is just taking it way too far. He is not the next Duncan or Shaq, he isn't going to be an all-star right out the gate. Likely he is gonna be a Hibbert type of guy who needs to be improved. I can see him being an all-star in his mid twenties maybe, but his stats/impact right now are "inflated" cause he is in college.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

the WHITE side

Connor's been wrong with just about every thread he's made on here, take this one with a grain a salt.

Banned

10.5 and 7.4 aren't great numbers but the potential is there. it would be a huge shock if anybody takes him before wiggins and parker.

embiid needs years before he can be a franchise player that can win you games like duncan did

Saw a basketball once

With a guy like him you don't really look at stats as much as you would with others he's only been playing basketball for 4 years with big men you want to see if they have good hands and footwork and if they run smoothly Embiid has all three and is more developed offensively than defensively right now which is good

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

I don't watch much college hoops, but I caught a couple minutes today of the Kansas game (not knowing anything about Embiid, including not knowing what team he was on) and saw a sequence of defense that was very impressive. Massive block, kept on a guard on the perimeter and then forced him into an ugly miss when he tried driving for a layup on him. It was a very impressive sequence. I don't want to draw too much conclusions, but I can see why the hype is there.

I think his most impressive attribute right now (based on the three or four Kansas games I've seen this year) is his agility and mobility for a 7'0" center. He's still pretty raw offensively, but I do think his floor could be as a very good to great defensive anchor in his prime. Excellent agility and mobility with a 7'5" wingspan is something you can't teach. I can't honestly say I've paid enough attention when I've watched to know how sound and disciplined he is on defense and all the other things that go into being a great defensive anchor, but he does have the makeup of a player with that type of "worst case scenario" potential.

Anyone who brings up his stats are a ****ing moron. Look at how much minutes he has played and then Look at his production while he's on the floor

Local High School Star Combat Wombat's Avatar

The guy already has a post game that's better than Howard's so it's safe to say he'll at be an All-Star AT LEAST. He's already shown huge improvement across the board in such a short time.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Combat Wombat
    The guy already has a post game that's better than Howard's so it's safe to say he'll at be an All-Star AT LEAST. .

Quote Originally Posted by FrobeShaw
    I know intelligence isn't a trait that you possess but can you actually tell me what post moves Dwight Howard has besides a inconsistent running hook?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Combat Wombat
    I know intelligence isn't a trait that you possess but can you actually tell me what post moves Dwight Howard has besides a inconsistent running hook?
    You're a tool if you think that was what was wrong with your post.

Quote Originally Posted by FrobeShaw
    You're a tool if you think that was what was wrong with your post.

Which part, dimwit? The All-Star bit? Roy Hibbert was named an All-Star for putting up 12/9. Considering how fast Embiid is improving along with his enormous potential, it's fair to say that it is almost a guarantee he will be an All-Star.

Or was it the improvement bit? Are you honestly going to tell me he hasn't improved at an incredible rate? Oh, I forgot. You wouldn't know that because the only basketball you watch is the box scores from Heat games.

Go make a few more alts, little boy.

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    I think his most impressive attribute right now (based on the three or four Kansas games I've seen this year) is his agility and mobility for a 7'0" center. He's still pretty raw offensively, but I do think his floor could be as a very good to great defensive anchor in his prime. Excellent agility and mobility with a 7'5" wingspan is something you can't teach. I can't honestly say I've paid enough attention when I've watched to know how sound and disciplined he is on defense and all the other things that go into being a great defensive anchor, but he does have the makeup of a player with that type of "worst case scenario" potential.
    How is he raw offensively? He's more polished in the low post than probably 2/3 of the centers in the NBA right now. In fact the biggest reason his hype is his advanced offensive arsenal relative to his age.