Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    shhhhhhh

Default Re: What is the argument for Dirk being better than Blake?

dirks been doing his thing for 12 years, griffin has been doing his for 12 weeks

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Penny37
    Dirk puts those stats up on a contending team as the primary scorer.
    Teams plan their defensive strategy around Dirk.
    You can go to Dirk for a basket during crunch time, can't say the same about Griffin.

Putting up 20 and 10 on a championship level team is VERY different from putting up the same stats on a lottery bound team.

ok, so actually comparing the two as individuals is too difficult and complex for you, so you're just going to say "umm, dirk plays with better players so he's the betterer play3r!"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    dirks been doing his thing for 12 years, griffin has been doing his for 12 weeks

i specifically instructed you NOT to make shitty arguments, and you have defied me. shame be unto you.

I love how I'm called a dirk hater and I never even start these kinds of threads.

LilBTheBasedGod
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Blake is my favorite player, but right now Dirk is just better and more important to his team. Simple as that. Dirk is more efficient too. But Blake has more potential.

Quote Originally Posted by CMsam
    ok, so actually comparing the two as individuals is too difficult and complex for you, so you're just going to say "umm, dirk plays with better players so he's the betterer play3r!"
    Nowhere in my post did I say that Dirk is better cuz he has better teammates.
    Go back to grade school.

Banned

So far, nobody has actually compared the two as players or provided actual analysis of their games.

It's just been "Dirk is on a better team, Dirk has played longer."

Thus the point is made.

The one good thing about a website full of idiots is that they usually just go ahead and prove your point for you.

shhhhhhh

i specifically instructed you NOT to make shitty arguments, and you have defied me. shame be unto you.
    lol.. when griffin puts even 2 complete seasons together then there is something to talk about but right now he's just a rookie putting up good numbers being the best player on a crappy team...

no bashing on griffin but we've seen how many players have big seasons in their first year only to fall off the map as their careers go forward, the league is littered with them..
    you can't compare a player like dirk who has been one of the best in the league year after year to a guy who has had a good 12 week run in his first season...

if you're going to solicit folks opinions and define such a narrow talking band then don't make a thread, it's like asking what's the best ice cream but you can't talk about anything but chocolate
    Last edited by gts; 01-01-2011 at 08:57 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    lol.. when griffin puts even 2 complete seasons together then there is something to talk about but right now he's just a rookie putting up good numbers being the best player on a crappy team...

no bashing on griffin but we've seen how many players have big seasons in their first year only to fall off the map as their careers go forward, the league is littered with them..
    you can't compare a player like dirk who has been one of the best in the league year after year to a guy who has had a good 12 week run in his first season...

Dude, the question is who is a better player right now? The question isn't who's been playing at a high level for 12 years?

Can you actually say something about HOW THEY PLAY that makes an argument for Dirk? If not.........then what are you doing here? Your lazy cliche's aren't welcome in my thread. Do some thinking and articulating or G.T.F.O.

SAY NO TO RENT SEEKING

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime
    I love how I'm called a dirk hater and I never even start these kinds of threads.
    That's probably because you're always in them. I always see you in Dirk threads.

But hey, I know how enjoyable it is when fans of a particular player despise you for repeatedly pointing out that player's deficiencies.

So far, nobody has actually compared the two as players or provided actual analysis of their games.

It's just been "Dirk is on a better team, Dirk has played longer."

Thus the point is made.

The one good thing about a website full of idiots is that they usually just go ahead and prove your point for you.
    I'm not exactly sure what it is you wanna hear.
    Dirk has better handles. Dirk is more clutch. Dirk has more weapons. He can go outside-inside. Dirk reads double teams as well as anyone in the League.

Next Great White Hope QuebecBaller's Avatar

I'll make you happy : Blake Griffin is the best PF we ever seen. Forget Dirk, Duncan, Sir Charles, Karl Malone, Garnett... In 3 months, Blake already shown us that he is the best. I think he's already in the top 5 of the best players of all-time

Not in order
    Jordan
    Magic
    Bird
    Kareem
    Griffin

Are you gonna sleep well now?

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Penny37
    I'm not exactly sure what it is you wanna hear.
    Dirk has better handles. Dirk is more clutch. Dirk has more weapons. He can go outside-inside. Dirk reads double teams as well as anyone in the League.
    it's starface the clippers fan, he wants you to say griffin is the better player RIGHT NOW! he wants to skip what the players actually bring to the table in experience and how the other teams play them and judge on griffins 12 weeks in the NBA alone, playing on a team nobody even scouts. vs dirk who plays on a contender as the lead option and the main focus teams try and defend...

so either bow down to blake or GTFO!

Dirk makes the game easier for his teammates. His range allows him to spread the floor and give everyone else more space to work. He is also better at creating his own shot. You can give the ball to him on the last possession of the game and trust him to be able to create a good look for himself. We can't say the same about Blake quite yet.

Lots of players can put up great numbers on bad teams (David Lee, Chris Bosh, etc.). Blake puts up impressive stats, but it hasn't proven to contribute to winning games yet. I believe Blake will someday be an elite, top 10 player in the league, perhaps much sooner than we think. Heck, he's already better than anyone would have probably predicted him to be. But he isn't there yet.

Some statistics:
    Per 48 minutes, the Mavs score 115.3 points when Dirk is on the floor compared to 95.7 when he is off. The Clippers score 107.3 with Blake on, 101.2 with Blake off.

The Mavs give up 101.1 points with Dirk is on, 109.6 with Dirk off. Clippers give up 111.5 with Blake on, 105.5 with Blake off.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by chris2010
    man idk im a fan of 1 LA team lol the other just needs to disappear or relocate.
    thats kind of harsh. lakers have a lot of fans, and won the last two championships.