Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thunder it DOWN, Dion! PleezeBelieve's Avatar

Default He's Put "The King" Aside, Now LeBron Wants To Be Known As "Fourth-Quarter" James

...pretty fitting for him, huh?

Given the fact he's top-3 in the league in 4th-quarter scoring average, I would say so.

I just want to know how long will it be before "4th-Quarter" James gets the universal respect and praise of someone carrying that type of moniker. Regardless, "4QJ" is here to stay...HATE IT OR LOVE IT, biiiiiitches!!
    Last edited by PleezeBelieve; 01-02-2007 at 05:31 PM.

This is why I'm frustrated with kids and education. Ugh! I'd never help you! - Oprah

Where do you get 4th quarter stats from?

I just want to know how Larry Hughes is doing. You never got back to that thread... You said you were going to sleep so that you could come back the next day and really tackle the subject, but you disappeared and we hadn't heard a peep from you prior to this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxFly
    I just want to know how Larry Hughes is doing. You never got back to that thread... You said you were going to sleep so that you could come back the next day and really tackle the subject, but you disappeared and we hadn't heard a peep from you prior to this thread.
    It was only one game, and even with that being said, Hughes still played a good floor game and solid defense on Gordon.

...btw, why do you keep bringing up Larry's shooting percentage, you should know that the "elite" wingman don't average 50% shooting.

Fire Dwane Casey

wack nick name

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    I got the stats from our local Cavs announcers. Go ask RedBlackAttack, LeBron avergaes like 8 or 9 points in the fourth. He did the same last season, so what's the big deal?

Quote Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
    I got the stats from our local Cavs announcers. Go ask RedBlackAttack, LeBron avergaes like 8 or 9 points in the fourth. He did the same last season, so what's the big deal?
    Big deal is i asked for the stat site that is used to determine such things. You dont have them? Just say so and keep it moving.

4th quarter gordon sounds better.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

The only place I would know where to get a statistic such as this is 82games.com, and they haven't started their "leaders by quarter" yet this season.

LeBron was 2nd in the league last year in 4th quarter scoring, though, while shooting almost 50% from the field.

http://www.82games.com/random26.htm

It seems that he has played very similar in the final quarters this year, as well, so it wouldn't surprise me if he were in the top 3 in 4th quarter scoring... though I haven't heard those numbers and can't support that claim.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    The only place I would know where to get a statistic such as this is 82games.com, and they haven't started their "leaders by quarter" yet this season.

LeBron was 2nd in the league last year in 4th quarter scoring, though, while shooting almost 50% from the field.

http://www.82games.com/random26.htm

It seems that he has played very similar in the final quarters this year, as well, so it wouldn't surprise me if he were in the top 3 in 4th quarter scoring... though I haven't heard those numbers and can't support that claim.

We must not watch the same programming then. They say the sh*t damn near every game because they know there are haters out there that don't believe LeBron is deserving of such a slick-ass nick like "4QJ".

Banned

4th quarter gordon sounds better.
    yeah.

Bron is a very good 4thq/clutch player but such things aren't exactly what he's known for or what make him unique. King James suits him. 4th quarter james downplays the fact that he dominates the rest of the game just as well as he dominates the 4th. I highly doubt he retires known for 4th quarter scoring. probably something more along the lines of 3DJ if ya know what I mean

Good High School Starter Voice of Reason's Avatar

Guess 82games.com will have to do. Just wonder why teams can keep track of those stats (to give to announcers) and nothing online has been published for the public. Lots of stats like this that go deeper than what we normally get I would like to see.

Quote Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
    Yo, you get your Green Card yet?
    Does he get banned too? Nah

I rule the local playground joewait's Avatar

he was really awesome in the 4th when tyronne lue did him in the last minute to secure the W for the hawks

Decent playground baller Bosh4life's Avatar

Default ...

Given the fact he's top-3 in the league in 4th-quarter scoring average, I would say so.

Well myabe he would be given that nickname when he's #1. That's rediculous, i mean who gets a nickname for something if they arn't the best at it or even second best.