Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Game 2 ECF Bos-Mia Overtime

*[COLOR="White"].[/COLOR]

Operat.Northwoods=9/11 Horde of Temujin's Avatar

Bump!

The Heat are always going to get the 50/50 calls, especially in cruch time. That's just the landscape. Teams need to be cognizant of that and act accordingly. You need to build a lead and hold it, not make unforced mistakes, not beat yourself. That's how Dallas won the title in '11.

I rule the local playground Jax's Avatar

Rondo pushed Lebron some plays before and got a jumpball instead.../thread

Good High School Starter Mach_3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySic
    The Heat are always going to get the 50/50 calls, especially in cruch time. That's just the landscape. Teams need to be cognizant of that and act accordingly. You need to build a lead and hold it, not make unforced mistakes, not beat yourself. That's how Dallas won the title in '11.
    Unfortunately, as much as i would love to see a game that's actually reffed evenly the entire way through the NBA will never be like that and considering the fact that the L has never attempted to fix the reffing issues proves it

Quote Originally Posted by Mach_3
    Unfortunately, as much as i would love to see a game that's actually reffed evenly the entire way through the NBA will never be like that and considering the fact that the L has never attempted to fix the reffing issues proves it
    Teams with marquee stars get favorable calls. Its been that way since the Jordanaire days. Its just the way it is.

The good news is that teams can (sometimes) overcome this disadvantage by just being better. The Spurs won four titles even though they are as anti-Stern as it gets.

Teams with marquee stars get favorable calls. Its been that way since the Jordanaire days. Its just the way it is.

The good news is that teams can (sometimes) overcome this disadvantage by just being better. The Spurs won four titles even though they are as anti-Stern as it gets.
    No they aren't. The Spurs are a very clean cut "vanilla" team which is exactly what management might want to be the image of a league often seen by the general public as littered by thugs and delinquents.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Horde of Temujin
    Bump!
    Why don't you make a thread about the Boston/Atlanta series and the egregious call on Al Horford in game 6? One where the NBA actually admitted it was an error.

http://blogs.ajc.com/hawks/2012/05/1...all-in-game-6/

Uh, because that series didn't involved the Miami Heat, right?

i hate miami, but i hate officiating cry babies even more. grow some fuxin hatcheries.

Quote Originally Posted by PJR
    Why don't you make a thread about the Boston/Atlanta series and the egregious call on Al Horford in game 6? One where the NBA actually admitted it was an error.

Quote Originally Posted by PJR

Did the Celtics go on to win the championship?

Miami's games were just as badly officiated in the earlier rounds (see Knicks game 1; worst of the season), and the uncalled unsportsmanlike call on Wade in the Pacers series. He should have been tossed out and suspended one game.

So don't act like Boston had it coming because of the Hawks series; the Heat were favored all the way to the chip, including the finals (see games 2-4; late 4th quarters).

They had 47 FT's to Boston's 29. And some BS call's lead to their 2nd best player (Pierce) as well as key role guys like Pietrus and Dooling getting fouled out. Game 2 of the 2012 ECF I don't remember ever being so pissed at the end of a game. And this coming from a die hard Boston fan who remembers clear as day the game 7 loss to the Lakers. I was pissed and heartbroken that they lost, but I had no questions about whether or not the NBA decided the outcome of that series.

Raz
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

I completely agree. When I watch Miami now, I just expect bad calls, and it's part of the package. It was the same with the 90's Bulls, 80's Lakers, and 80's Celtics. Great teams get all the calls.

I was super-pissed for that series. James gets me mad, but I get it, he's a superstar, and if he changes direction from a bump in mid-air, then it's a foul. To alter LeBron's movements, it has to be a hard foul. He gets just calls, but he gets away with a lot on defense. Bosh is a hard-worker, and I have always respected his game, no matter how flaky he seemed in Toronto.

Wade gets away with murder on both ends though. He is the first player that I wish injury upon. The way he plays is a disgrace. I don't want him to be injured while on the Heat, because I want to beat them fair and square. I wish they would trade him for a similar level talent and then he gets injured for his career, and we beat the Heat with their 3 stars. I'll be the first to admit, I'm a huge Wade hater. I don't like a lot of players, but I respect them and their respective games, like Kobe, Cousins, Chris Paul, Zach Randolph, Tony Parker, Anderson Varejao etc. I have no respect for Wade's style of play, or his personality. If I were a ref, I'd be all over Wade, and throw him out for flailing his arms, rolling on the floor, pouting, wrecklessly and aimlessly into defenders.

Quote Originally Posted by Raz
    I completely agree. When I watch Miami now, I just expect bad calls, and it's part of the package. It was the same with the 90's Bulls, 80's Lakers, and 80's Celtics. Great teams get all the calls.

I was super-pissed for that series. James gets me mad, but I get it, he's a superstar, and if he changes direction from a bump in mid-air, then it's a foul. To alter LeBron's movements, it has to be a hard foul. He gets just calls, but he gets away with a lot on defense. Bosh is a hard-worker, and I have always respected his game, no matter how flaky he seemed in Toronto.

Wade gets away with murder on both ends though. He is the first player that I wish injury upon. The way he plays is a disgrace. I don't want him to be injured while on the Heat, because I want to beat them fair and square. I wish they would trade him for a similar level talent and then he gets injured for his career, and we beat the Heat with their 3 stars. I'll be the first to admit, I'm a huge Wade hater. I don't like a lot of players, but I respect them and their respective games, like Kobe, Cousins, Chris Paul, Zach Randolph, Tony Parker, Anderson Varejao etc. I have no respect for Wade's style of play, or his personality. If I were a ref, I'd be all over Wade, and throw him out for flailing his arms, rolling on the floor, pouting, wrecklessly and aimlessly into defenders.
    And now we've got guys like 260lb Flakey Flippin copying this arrogant style of play, flopping at all costs no matter how dangerous to himself or the other players or even the crowd. Wasn't there a situation where he resorted to "uncontrollably" spear-tackling some women and children in the front row just for a whistle?

http://youtu.be/jdUJuUD8w98

D-Wade and Flake should be fined and suspended for playing like this in professional basketball