Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Operat.Northwoods=9/11 Horde of Temujin's Avatar

Default Game 2 ECF Bos-Mia Overtime

This thread will be bumped every so often to remind folks of the horrible officiating that abetted Miami in winning the title this year. People are acting as if Miami waltzed their way to the finals and were the hands dowm best team in L last year, but the fact is Miami was very nearly beat by the Celtics. People are also acting as if it is a foregone conclusion that they will win the Chip next year as well. Anytime the 2012 NBA champs Miami Heat are mentioned the sham that was the 2012 ECF should be mentioned in the same breath.

For the record, No, i am not a Lakers fan and Yes, the 2002 WCF was just as egregious, but im concentrating on this particular season at the moment. And No, Kobe is not the best player to ever live. And Yes, Lebron James is a great player and deserved the MVP. I just find it hard to believe that people can so easily overlook what happened and fail to acknowledge what happened. If I was a Miami fan i would be disgusted to win in that manner.

Im sure from reading the title many of you were able to guess what two plays I was going to discuss. No call on Rondo drive to hoop on D-Wade. Taken by itself, I am ok with the no call, id rather see them play, but it happened to be followed by an ultimate act of b!tchdom and false bravado. The no call came at a critical point in the game and was preceded by two games of questionable calls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmGTD...e_gdata_player

The act that I was referring to before was D-Wade's drive to the hoop with his leg extended and draws the foul on KG. It should've been a no call. I dont think it was quite a kick but given the context of the officiating of the game, It definitely shouldve been a no-call.

Then he had the nerve to stare down KG afterwards as if he did anything to merit it. Yes, you punk, the name is deserved: D- Whistle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TANWc...e_gdata_player
    Last edited by Horde of Temujin; 09-13-2012 at 08:13 AM.

Default Re: Game 2 ECF Bos-Mia Overtime

This is beating the dead horse, but the Rondo one was a no call. However, KG actually hit Wade on his arm and considering Wade is a superstar, they give him the benefit of the doubt even though it looked like he kicked KG.

Have you ever done a layup? Taught one?

What happens when you lift your right hand to shoot the ball? Your right leg naturally comes up when jumping off the left foot. What happens when a player comes across and jumps into your path? He hits you.

Yes, it was a bad call on Rondo. One call doesn't cost a game though.

Ya, youre right, i am beating the horse, but the officiating was so eggregious for most of the series and in particular game 2 i feel that the horse should be revived every so often.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Have you ever done a layup? Taught one?

What happens when you lift your right hand to shoot the ball? Your right leg naturally comes up when jumping off the left foot. What happens when a player comes across and jumps into your path? He hits you.

Yes, it was a bad call on Rondo. One call doesn't cost a game though.

I said i didnt think it was a kick, rather a no-call

And it was not just one call. Those two calls happen to stand out because they came at a critical juncture and were within a short span of each other and epitomize, imo, the officiating of the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Horde of Temujin
    And it was not just one call. Those two calls happen to stand out because they came at a critical juncture and were within a short span of each other and epitomize, imo, the officiating of the series.
    Do you believe Miami only won this series because of the refs?

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

It's already done with jeesh. Stop trying to talk about something that's irrelevant. Especially with how LeBron fouled out for the first time in like 2 years in THIS series.

Quote Originally Posted by DaSeba5
    Do you believe Miami only won this series because of the refs?
    It helped. The first two games were particulary poorly officiated and set the tone. But then again i cant say that would not Lebron have responded with more epic performances like game 6?

Quote Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
    It's already done with jeesh. Stop trying to talk about something that's irrelevant. Especially with how LeBron fouled out for the first time in like 2 years in THIS series.
    If you find it irrelevant then don't bother to respond. This is a basketball forum where multiple threads are created, variety is the spice of life, go read another one then

Quote Originally Posted by Horde of Temujin
    It helped. The first two games were particulary poorly officiated and set the tone. But then again i cant say that would not Lebron have responded with more epic performances like game 6?
    Boston got a lot of calls in Boston. I think the hometeam gets hometown cooking. Miami gets a lot of calls because they have stars and they attack the paint, but I don't think it's bad enough to say it's the reason they won the title.

Yep if you wanna be fair this was a BS call too. I hate when players get penalized for being too strong.

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysunny
    Yep if you wanna be fair this was a BS call too. I hate when players get penalized for being too strong.
    LeBron fell down because Pietrius tripped him up and LeBron is the one getting called for the foul.

LeBron fell down because Pietrius tripped him up and LeBron is the one getting called for the foul.
    Yah that was BS.

College superstar BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar

I think it was marginal, but at home Wade will always get that call. Is it right? Probably not, but that's the way it is.

Quote Originally Posted by DaSeba5
    This is beating the dead horse, but the Rondo one was a no call. However, KG actually hit Wade on his arm and considering Wade is a superstar, they give him the benefit of the doubt even though it looked like he kicked KG.

Pierce got called for a worse one to foul out about 30 seconds before.