Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast
    Dunking on everybody in the park TheTruth11's Avatar

Default There is one reason why Michael Jordan is the greatest of all-time

His mind.

His mind which lead to relentless determination and will to win. Heart! He had it.... and you can't teach it.

Lebron will go down as one of the greatest of all time. But thus far, I have not seen this quality from him. Put MJ on the Cavs and they win that series. Or atleast take the Celts to a game 7.

Kobe is close but Kobe failed to show up a few times as well when they should have won it all. MJ never failed to deliver. The most fierce and ferocious competitor the game has ever known with the possible exception of one Bill Russell.

Banned

Default Re: There is one reason why Michael Jordan is the greatest of all-time

and scottie pippen, and phil jackson, and steve kerr, and horace grant, and rodman...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Funnyfuka
    and scottie pippen, and phil jackson, and steve kerr, and horace grant, and rodman...
    So hes the best individual player ever because of the players he played with?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TheTruth11
    His mind.

His mind which lead to relentless determination and will to win. Heart! He had it.... and you can't teach it.

Lebron will go down as one of the greatest of all time. But thus far, I have not seen this quality from him. Put MJ on the Cavs and they win that series. Or atleast take the Celts to a game 7.

Kobe is close but Kobe failed to show up a few times as well when they should have won it all. MJ never failed to deliver. The most fierce and ferocious competitor the game has ever known with the possible exception of one Bill Russell.
    kobe never had the team Mj had. MJ had everything u could want thats why hes the greatest... Kobes been the closest and Lebron is not even close yet imo

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

MJ was obsessed with winning. That is probably the reason why he was so good. He never stopped trying to improve his game because he wanted to be perfect. He always wanted to destroy his opponents. That's not secret. But MJ has failed a lot of times to win it all. Basketball is a team sport. Like KG said, no matter how good the player is, you are only a piece to the puzzle.

Quote Originally Posted by RazorBaLade
    kobe never had the team Mj had. MJ had everything u could want thats why hes the greatest... Kobes been the closest and Lebron is not even close yet imo
    Well, Phil Jackson likes bigs. He prefer bigs. I think he feels like his system is more complete with bigs. Kobe's team is probably one of the most talented teams in the NBA. They have balance, but they don't have the competitiveness nature to destroy their opponents.
    Last edited by Micku; 05-14-2010 at 01:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTruth11
    His mind.

Completely agree, and I have no doubt in my mind Jordan would have won with these Cavs against Celtics.

Jordan on the cavs wouldn't have won the series, they caves don't have another player who can create their own shot.

Amil23
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by TAZORAC
    Jordan on the cavs wouldn't have won the series, they caves don't have another player who can create their own shot.
    Mo and Jamison can

Quote Originally Posted by magnax1
    So hes the best individual player ever because of the players he played with?
    He didn't become a consistent winner until he had better talent around him and a strong willed coach who brought a winning mindset and system with him. Lebron has some talent around him, but he needs that strong willed and talented coach with a system.

yes one reason :
    ESPN

AK47DR91
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

I think everybody is overrating Jordan's supporting cast. Aside from Pippen, the rest were role players and this includes Rodman. Rodman was a role player, a great one in rebounding and defending!

The thing is, they knew how to play their role.

I would say 70% of the Bulls success was because of Jordan. Th other 30% goes to Pippen, supporting cast and coaching staff.

You'll think that Pippen, Phil and the supporting cast would have been beaten Ewing, Barkley, Malone, Stockton, etc without Jordan?

In fact, I believe the Knicks took out the Bulls in '94 when MJ was playing minor league baseball.

Jordan from 1986-1998 is/was the greatest player of all-times. He didn't win any championships in the late 80's but his greatness was already there.
    He dropped 63 on Bird and the Celtics at the old Boston Garden. His team lost but his greatness was there.

Jordan's talented supporting cast only added championship to his greatness. They didn't make him great because he was already great.

Bol'd over

Quote Originally Posted by RazorBaLade
    MJ never had a decent centre by his side his whole career. Just saying...

Quote Originally Posted by Manute for Ever!
    MJ never had a good centre by his side his whole career. Just saying...
    To be fair, Cartwright and Bison Dele, even Luc to some extent, were pretty serviceable.

Decent college freshman BFRESH44's Avatar

Gotta agree.

Jordan went to the Finals 6 times, and he was not denied a single time.

That sh*t is still incredible to me, even today.

Local High School Star Alhazred's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AK47DR91
    I think everybody is overrating Jordan's supporting cast. Aside from Pippen, the rest were role players and this includes Rodman. Rodman was a role player, a great one in rebounding and defending!

The thing is, they knew how to play their role.

I would say 70% of the Bulls success was because of Jordan. Th other 30% goes to Pippen, supporting cast and coaching staff.

You'll think that Pippen, Phil and the supporting cast would have been beaten Ewing, Barkley, Malone, Stockton, etc without Jordan?

In fact, I believe the Knicks took out the Bulls in '94 when MJ was playing minor league baseball.
    Roundball is going to chew you out when he reads that. Just thought I should warn you now.