Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    NBA Superstar

Default Re: The "Yes Means Yes" law got passed in CA

Its this false concept that every man is a potential predator that leads to this hysteria.

Are there really that many issues like this in college, where we need a crackdown on picking up?

Lets be real, alcohol is involved in a large umber of pick ups, girls often get drunk so they can lose their inhibitions and have sex, now they can eat their cake and have it too.

I am not saying that it should be open season on women, I get the thinking behind the bill, but the reality is there are many more girls getting drunk because they want to have sex than guys raping or forcing drunk girls to do things they don't want to do.

This is going to ruin a lot of lives.

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
    Its this false concept that every man is a potential predator that leads to this hysteria.

Are there really that many issues like this in college, where we need a crackdown on picking up?

Lets be real, alcohol is involved in a large umber of pick ups, girls often get drunk so they can lose their inhibitions and have sex, now they can eat their cake and have it too.

I am not saying that it should be open season on women, I get the thinking behind the bill, but the reality is there are many more girls getting drunk because they want to have sex than guys raping or forcing drunk girls to do things they don't want to do.

This is going to ruin a lot of lives.
    It's like they think they have some kind of right to be able to get insensibly drunk and NOT be made vulnerable by the disgraceful condition they have got themselves into.

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    Yeah there was some case recently where the dude and girl were both drunk. Girl invited dude into her room, also texted her friend about a condom.

That's some real "equality" right there
    Wow.... that was infuriating to read. The sheer stupidity of that decision is making me angry. I wish that the guy would have counter-sued her for rape, just to make her realize how ridiculous and unfair she was acting. The final quote from the principle contains as much stupidity as the entire article, and it is less than 1/10th as long.

Rape is a terrible crime. Rapists deserve to be punished. Two drunk college students having consensual sex is not rape. If your participation in that sex was a mistake, then that is what it is... a mistake. A night you regret. Not rape.

So, it's the guys fault that he got drunk and he is held responsible for his actions as if he was sober because he made a decision to get drunk(this is the way the legal system works in literally every other case, but the poor girl isn't held responsible for her actions because.... She's a woman and too dumb to be responsible for herself? This is the problem with feminism. Women deserve to be treated equal but protected more. It's literally impossible to have both.

When I was in college a buddy and I went to a bar and met two very attractive girls. My buddy successfully picked up one of them and took her home. I attempted(and thankfully didn't get further than a kiss) to pick up her friend. The next morning someone started blowing up her phone. It was her dad and after about 7 calls she broke down and answered and after being berated told her dad where she was. He came and got her, told my friend he'd be pressing charges for statutory rape and called the cops. He told the dad he was sorry but that the girl had said she was 22 and was in a bar so he believed she was of age.Two days later my friend was arrested in class for sexual assault of a child.
    Due to the "strict liability" associated with sexual assault of a child he had to take a plea that allowed him to come off the sexual offenders registry after 3 years. The problem is during that time he was kicked out of school and couldn't live with his parents because his younger brother lived with them. He completed his 3 years got off the list and has mostly gotten his life back together but it was ridiculous.

Obviously a different situation but shows how scrappy men are treated legally.

Quote Originally Posted by The Macho Man
    You have never kissed a girl doe

Quote Originally Posted by joe
    Wow.... that was infuriating to read. The sheer stupidity of that decision is making me angry. I wish that the guy would have counter-sued her for rape, just to make her realize how ridiculous and unfair she was acting. The final quote from the principle contains as much stupidity as the entire article, and it is less than 1/10th as long.

Rape is a terrible crime. Rapists deserve to be punished. Two drunk college students having consensual sex is not rape. If your participation in that sex was a mistake, then that is what it is... a mistake. A night you regret. Not rape.
    False accusations happen all the time like I said in my first post. The double standard for rape and abuse is sickening.

People laugh at the physical abuse and general pain men endure because they're supposed to be able to handle it or maybe they deserved it. People should react to rape the same for both genders. It's common sense.

I'm not gonna go more into it. Check out that bane666 guy on YouTube.

This kind of feminism is normal and necessary because women are weak and need to be protected

I swear these hardcore feminists are more sexist than most men. That entire movement is a disease. Remind me to never live in California

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Balla_Status
    Kinda like a minority of those sent to death are actually innocent. Who cares right?

It's a big deal man. It doesn't matter if it's minority or not. Since it's a male, nobody gives a ****.

Tons of males in prison for not paying child support...in other words, simply for being POOR.
    And if a girl just decides she doesn't like you, or you piss her off and she wants to get back at you, she can just claim rape and you are screwed no matter what. Seriously, are drunk males not allowed to claim that the women took advantage of them? That's bullshit!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWhiteGreen
    The guy should have turned around and used the exact same argument.

"I was sexually assaulted, and the girl should be held responsible as though she was sober"
    Yes! Yes! Yes! Is this not allowed?!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
    This kind of feminism is normal and necessary because women are weak and need to be protected

I swear these hardcore feminists are more sexist than most men. That entire movement is a disease. Remind me to never live in California
    EXACTLY! Modern feminism is more patronizing and demeaning towards other women then "the patriarchy" is. Modern feminism seriously is all about giving the fatty glasses uglies a chance to bitch and complain about hot chicks non stop without coming off as jelly, because they can pretend they are fighting for a noble cause XD It is not about gender equality in the slightest. Disgusting.

Two-Time Oscar MVP robert de niro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pushxx
    He goes over the men's rights movement

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWhiteGreen
    An outside lawyer hired by Occidental to adjudicate the sexual-assault hearing found that John was impaired beyond the point where he could have understood Jane's condition but should nonetheless be held as responsible as if he had been sober.

WHY?!
    Because intoxication is no excuse for most crimes; not just sexual assault. If I punch you when I'm drunk; I don't get a free pass for having alcohol in my system.

"Poor men in america"

Fvking idiots in this thread

The law isn't enforceable, it's to change the culture that taking advantage of drunk girls is okay

You fvking pansies actually think being a man is hard and unfair

Kill yrselves
    When did this guy become such a white knight? Let's be real, most men that support this are the kind that could never get p*ssy in college and tried suckin up to girls in hopes they'd get laid. White knight ass losers

Quote Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
    Because intoxication is no excuse for most crimes; not just sexual assault. If I punch you when I'm drunk; I don't get a free pass for having alcohol in my system.
    But he did not rape her, they had consensual sex. Being drunk does not excuse you for having regretful sex, either.

"Poor men in america"

Fvking idiots in this thread

The law isn't enforceable, it's to change the culture that taking advantage of drunk girls is okay

You fvking pansies actually think being a man is hard and unfair

Kill yrselves
    So the prevailing opinion in the US is that taking advantage of drunk girls is ok?

Definitely hard to prove, but the law is unfair. Don't see how you can disagree with that.