Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Championship or bust Cali Syndicate's Avatar

Default Re: "Animal loving" meat eaters

Free-range. I wouldn't consider myself an "animal-lover" but I do believe animals that are raised for consumption should be respected.

YouGotServed
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by millwad
    Don't be so butthurt, cutie pie.
    If you're not one of those hypocrites who spam about animal rights and about how horrible it is that we eat cute animals and go on daily rants, then you shouldn't be offended. I really hope I didn't hurt your feelings.
    did not read

BRB eating chicken pot pie

And regarding the predator stuff, that is pure fiction, my friend.

Championship or bust Cali Syndicate's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DMV2
    Unfortunately the cows, chickens and other animal meat we get from the grocery stores are from factory farms, so they're not even real herbivores.

Those animals are fed by chemicals so they can fat and big fast enough to be slaughtered, processed and shipped to our grocery stores in time.

A freshly hunted deer meat is gonna be 10 times more healthier and better than cow meat we get at grocery stores because those deer are eating grass all the time.
    Almost all cows, chicken, pigs and even fish we consume are fed corn which is usually accompanied with their own filth. this is one of the main reasons they are also regularly given antibiotics. Some farms also feed their pigs the unused parts of butchered animals.

the use of hormones are also pretty standard on most farms.

Yeah, I kind of delude myself into eating meat. Don't think about the animal it came from or the moral in eating something that was once alive.

I have cut a lot of red meat outta my diet, though. Chicken and salmon are necessities for me far as a good tradeoff in staying lean and protein consumption go.

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    Yeah, I kind of delude myself into eating meat. Don't think about the animal it came from or the moral in eating something that was once alive.

I have cut a lot of red meat outta my diet, though. Chicken and salmon are necessities for me far as a good tradeoff in staying lean and protein consumption go.
    When an eagle eats a fish, is the eagle being immoral?

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    When an eagle eats a fish, is the eagle being immoral?
    Are you saying you're an eagle?!?

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    Are you saying you're an eagle?!?

No, serious question. Is it immoral?

btw, Golden Eagles and Harpy Eagles are only a million times cooler than Bald Eagles.

Great college starter ThePhantomCreep's Avatar

I have a friend like that. She gave me shit because I ate a meal with rabbit in it. But rabbits are so cute, she said, how could you? She tells me this while eating salmon pasta. That's just idiotic.

Having said that I'm all for animal conservation. If it's on the endangered or vulnerable lists they should be protected.
    Last edited by ThePhantomCreep; 09-29-2014 at 07:11 PM.

Great college starter ThePhantomCreep's Avatar

Nv

There's nothing unnatural or immoral about both eating and loving animals.

rank sentamentalist

i don't think you've met enough animal lovers. most of the ones i am friends with, whether they eat anything, avoid meat, avoid all animal byproducts altogether.... they tend to know and understand full well exactly everything you said in your thread.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Nothing provokes me more than these fools.

I have a distant family member who always spam the living crap out of people about how horrible the fur industry is, how people in China are disgusting for eating cats and dogs and all these kinds of petitions on FB to save polar bears and other cute animals.
    Couldn't read further than this because of how stupid the OP seems to be. Do you honestly not understand how people can become emotionally attached to certain animals? And even worse, do you really not understand the concept of saving endangered or threatened species (which polar bears are) and how it is easy to justify eating animals that are not close to going endangered versus killing things to extinction?

I couldn't imagine the rest of your post was any better.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    Couldn't read further than this because of how stupid the OP seems to be. Do you honestly not understand how people can become emotionally attached to certain animals? And even worse, do you really not understand the concept of saving endangered or threatened species (which polar bears are) and how it is easy to justify eating animals that are not close to going endangered versus killing things to extinction?

I couldn't imagine the rest of your post was any better.
    Don't bother to reply if you won't read it all, it's not about saving endangered animals and as far as I know cats and dogs aren't endangered. It's about going on rants about how cute animals should live and how horrible people who eat "pets" are meanwhile cows, pigs, fish and chickens are getting eaten by the same people on daily basis and they couldn't care less.

Next time, don't be stupid, read the whole post and don't make own assumptions and don't take stuff out of context. It wasn't about saving endangered species.

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    It's the same reason why a lion will eat a zebra but won't eat a leopard. Some animals are food, some aren't. It's a matter of evolution.

We have went through a particular evolutionary process. In that process we have evolved for certain animals to be part of our diet, and other animals are not. It's just the way it is.

You'll notice in most of nature (especially among mammals), predators don't really eat each other. For good reason too. It's more likely to spread disease. We will eat things like cows, chickens or other vegetarian animals. Predatory animals like wolves (dogs), cats are generally not something we eat.

Do you really want to eat a cat who has been out there killing rats, birds, snakes, bats, etc... and picking up god knows what from them?
    there's definitely an evolutionary element to out diets but what we eat is mostly dependent on our culture. lots of Asian countries eat dogs and bugs and some seafood that most westerners would consider disgusting and unsanitary, for example