Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Mayweather will have the crappiest legacy ever

Quote Originally Posted by masonanddixon
    Yeah but everyone knows he lost to Castillo both times.
    I didnt know that. I coulda sworn he is still undefeated and beat Castillo both times they boxed.

Yup, in reality he is undefeated and one of the richest, most succesful boxer of all time.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW1EDGE
    I didnt know that. I coulda sworn he is still undefeated and beat Castillo both times they boxed.

Yup, in reality he is undefeated and one of the richest, most succesful boxer of all time.
    The commission handed him those wins because he was the biggest name in boxing.

The commission handed him those wins because he was the biggest name in boxing.
    That's one theory.

But in reality, as far as history goes, and professional boxing, he is undefeated. And one of the most successful boxers of all time.

Hardly a "crappy legacy"

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Yeah but everyone knows he lost to Castillo both times.
    Floyd lost the first bout, won the 2nd.

Call me when Floyd goes 89-0 like Chavez did

Mayweather is undefeated because he has always ducked fighters that have the ability to beat him.

You think him ducking Manny is the first time he's refused to fight someone?

Undefeated, especially in Mayweather's case, is highly overrated.

The greatest boxers in history have multiple loses.

Mayweather not even top 10 GOAT. Just a popular fighter in his era.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
    Floyd lost the first bout, won the 2nd.

Call me when Floyd goes 89-0 like Chavez did
    If he won the 2nd bout, it was just barely. I had it a draw. Harold Lederman had it 7 rds to 5 Mayweather.

I'm not a huge Mayweather fan or anything, but I'm surprised to see so many people dismiss his accomplishments, success and talent as if it was a fluke or something created by the media.

Very interesting to say the least.

Banned

I'm not a huge Mayweather fan or anything, but I'm surprised to see so many people dismiss his accomplishments, success and talent as if it was a fluke or something created by the media.

Nah, he's the best of his era but it's hard to like someone who cherrypicks his opponents, selects the judges and refs, and places demands on all of his opponents (gloves, catchweight, weight drains them etc etc).

Mayweather is an all-time great boxer, no one is denying that. I just don't like how he hand picks his opponents, tries to control what gloves they wear, & what referee to ref his fights (Kenny Bayless). He has beaten very good fighters, but its a shameful Mayweather-Pacquiao has yet to happen. Mayweather is more of a business man than a true warrior.

Chavez started his career 89-0 and he ducked NO ONE. Even after the Meldrick Taylor fight in which many people thought Taylor was winning right before he got KO'd, Chavez was the one demanding a re-match while Taylor was trying to move up a weight class.

Very good NBA starter

it's hard to respect a guy who talks so much but walks so little.

but he wasn't even trying to walk. he was doing everything he could to run away.

it's like watching a dude yell, "i'm gonna kick your ass, you weak ass *****" as he sprints towards the other direction.

that's mayweather's legacy: being a loudmouth chicken shit.

ISH's #1 rapper yungtyrekeevans's Avatar

who has mayweather ducked bruhs?

ppl were sayin hatton? beat him.
    ppl were sayin mosley? fought and beat him.

floyd duckin manny? nah. manny gone make more money from a floyd fight than he ever did, and he said no. said blood test make him weak lol. all he had to do was take the blood test bruhs. lol.

so who has floyd ducked? y'all keep sayin it, but we aint hearin any names. he beat all the biggest names in his era. mosley, marquez, alvarez, castillo, corrales, judah, de la hoya, hatton, cotto.
    so who he ducked?

Quote Originally Posted by yungtyrekeevans
    who has mayweather ducked bruhs?
    Margarito back in 2006. Pacquiao for the past 5 years.

The reason why negotiations between Mayweather & Pacquiao broke down a few years ago was because of money, Floyd was getting greedy and wanted a larger portion. If there was any fight that deserved a 50/50 split it was that fight.

And if you have noticed for the past year or so Pacquiao has mentioned in many interviews that he would like to fight Mayweather, when Mayweather gets asked about Pacquiao he just avoids it. I'm just saying if this fight doesn't happen by spring of 2015, Floyd's legacy in my eyes will get hurt.

ISH's #1 rapper yungtyrekeevans's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
    Margarito back in 2006. Pacquiao for the past 5 years.

The reason why negotiations between Mayweather & Pacquiao broke down a few years ago was because of money, Floyd was getting greedy and wanted a larger portion. If there was any fight that deserved a 50/50 split it was that fight.

And if you have noticed for the past year or so Pacquiao has mentioned in many interviews that he would like to fight Mayweather, when Mayweather gets asked about Pacquiao he just avoids it. I'm just saying if this fight doesn't happen by spring of 2015, Floyd's legacy in my eyes will get hurt.
    avoiding questions?

bruh, he does that for every fighter if they aint his opponent. he doin the same shit with amir khan. he duckin him too? he doin that with any fighter that aint up next for him.
    its all pr with mannys peeps. if they both wanted the fight, it'd be happening. manny said no to the test. then talks break down and he in the media sayin, yeah, i do it.
    bruh, they aint foolin nobody. only ppl gettin taken in by this is floyd haters bruh. logic done passed everyone up on this one cuz its floyd mayweather they talkin about. anything to get a few shots in.

and margarito? he a stiff and a cheat. aint nobody cared.
    so ppl actin like floyd whole career tainted because he aint fight one dude and apparently ducked him? one dude? then point to mannys resume and we actin like its legit? manny takin floyds sloppy seconds on everything.

Manny agreed to the take the drug test, he even agreed to a 55/45 split for Mayweather and Floyd still said no, what does that tell you?