Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-13-2011, 10:18 AM   #1
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default The Jason Kidd Trade revisited

Remember that Jason Kidd for Devin Harris trade? Although more players involved, the trade essentially was:

Jason Kidd for Devin Harris, 2008 1st Round Pick, 2010 1st Round Pick

Everyone, including myself, were laughing at the Dallas Mavericks for getting raped of talent for an old, over-the-hill Jason Kidd. Mark Cuban got desperate and traded all his young assets away. Well, it's a few years later.....if we revisit it, now that we know the draft picks, the trade was:

Jason Kidd for Devin Harris, Ryan Anderson, Damion James

Devin Harris, after initially starting great for Nets, seems to have a regressed as a player. He was the Starting PG on one of the worst teams in history. And then was swiftly traded away and probably the least valuable "asset" in a package to get a better PG in Williams. Who knows if Devin is even Jazz PG solution for the future....probably not.

Ryan Anderson is a decent young player, but nothing more. Quickly discarded in the Vince Carter trade to get Courtney Lee. Courtney Lee turns into Troy Murphy? Not much of an asset for Nets

Damion James traded for on draft night. Nonfactor in first season with Nets.

And what did Mavericks get for these guys?

A world championship.

You can argue.........no Jason Kidd, no championship.

Sometimes we, including me, judge trades too soon. Mavericks were clear winners in retrospect. Like most trades, the team that gets the best singular talent wins. In this case, that was J. Kidd, regardless of his age.

Last edited by bagelred : 06-13-2011 at 10:20 AM.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 10:22 AM   #2
Marquis Daniels
MY BOSS IS A *****

Marquis Daniels is a pretty well-respected posterMarquis Daniels is a pretty well-respected posterMarquis Daniels is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: The Jason Kidd Trade revisited

J Kidd was great in the finals no doubt. No 'coatriding' happened. It's a wonder how he can still play at such a high level at 38
Marquis Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 10:27 AM   #3
trig
Decent college freshman

trig has decent reputationtrig has decent reputation

6'4 old dude guarding a 6'8 monster and doing it well
trig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 10:30 AM   #4
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

RecSpecs110 is considered somewhat coolRecSpecs110 is considered somewhat cool

I think both teams won. The nets used harris to get deron williams and the mavs just won it all with kidd. Although they resigned him, so they prrobably could have gotten him as a free agent without giving up anyone.

But in the end, both teams made a trade for the better. I think mark cuban should be quiet about it, because he's the one who wanted to get harris back.
RecSpecs110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 10:30 AM   #5
Marquis Daniels
MY BOSS IS A *****

Marquis Daniels is a pretty well-respected posterMarquis Daniels is a pretty well-respected posterMarquis Daniels is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig
6'4 old dude guarding a 6'8 monster and doing it well

Lack of a first step and can't post up effectively killed him and the heat.
Marquis Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 10:38 AM   #6
redhonda76
Go NY GO NY GO

redhonda76 is considered somewhat coolredhonda76 is considered somewhat cool

I admit that I was also one of the critics about the trade. It was a horrible trade, trading your promising pg and couple of draft picks for a player who thrives on a run-and-gun offense and a unreliable shooter. Kidd totally reinvented his game. He stabilized the half court offense, makes the right plays which don't always count as assist, and also became a very good 3 point shooter. Rick Carlisle in the press conference gives credit to Kidd and how much he learned from Kidd and his view of the game. Cannot underestimate Kidd's IQ and leadership.
redhonda76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 10:47 AM   #7
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I remember seeing it but i can't remember where, but J Kidd has monsterously strong hands, he works on his hand strength by squeezing rocks until they crack, something ridiculous like that. He can hold off people in the post with that strength.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 10:52 AM   #8
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecSpecs110
I think both teams won. The nets used harris to get deron williams
Devin Harris was easily the least important asset in that trade. Harris is a filler PG until Jazz get someone better. Favors and the 1st round picks were more important to the Jazz.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 01:21 PM   #9
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

ukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i felt it was a fair trade(like most games are actually people just rarely see it). kidd was/is a better pg than harris and does alot of things better, sure harris is younger and more dynamic but hes also garbage compared to kidd in alot of very significant areas and kidd fits the mavs much better. you think harris could check lebron? kidd was fantastic on him
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: