Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Good college starter

Default The Characteristics Of A Racist

What do guys think are the main characteristics shared by most racists?

- Cowardly
    - Uneducated
    - Confused
    - Has Low Self Esteem
    - Has Lack of Intelligence
    - Has Lack Of Basic Human Decency
    - Lonely
    - Angry
    - Depressed

You guys got anymore?

Great college starter FatComputerNerd's Avatar

Default Re: The Characteristics Of A Racist

Quote Originally Posted by The Immortal
    Brainwashed
    This.

People aren't born racist. This behavior is learned by the families they are raised by, and often by the community/society they live in.

Mel Gibson's alleged racism/antisemitism is a perfect example. His father is a well-known bigot and holocaust denier. Imagine the surprise at finding out Mel may share some similar views.
    Last edited by FatComputerNerd; 09-30-2014 at 12:29 PM.

I became aware of some racist thoughts in myself recently. I ended up writing an article about my own racist ideas, and trying to uncover the root of those ideas. I learned a lot about myself from writing that, and it helped me discover where most of those thoughts were coming from. It was a healing moment.

I think a quality of a racist, one that I saw in myself, was not seeing individuals, but instead seeing groups. You do not see a single man, you see a Mexican. You do not see a girl shopping, you see a Jew shopping. Clumping people together and then imprinting qualities into them that aren't necessarily there. The entire group is bad, therefore every individual within it must be bad.

The answer to that, for me, was realizing that everyone is an individual. Stop having ideas about groups, and meet every person with complete open mindedness. Color or place of birth or religion does not define a person, in 99.9% of cases. It was a simple and obvious, yet eye opening realization.
    Last edited by joe; 09-30-2014 at 12:39 PM.

white
    conservative
    has an american flag on car or front lawn.

a story id like to share. i went into aldi's one time and i noticed that the cashier was white and oddly the manager was asian, both female. there seemed to be tension between the cashier and manager and you can kind of tell the cashier hated her. So i grabbed my can of chicken rice dumplings and get in the line of this cashier. Their was a kind older white woman in front of me with a cart full of stuff and she kindly turned to me and said "would you like to go infront" i responded "yes, thank you", as i was going to get in front of her the cashier saw what was happening and said "no, come ill check your stuff up" motioning at the white women to be checked out before me. I didnt realize why she wouldnt allow me to cut the lady until after i left. That she was racists against asians and didnt want me to have the convenience of cutting in line after the woman asked if i wanted to. Its subtle racism like that that people dont understand or know about.
    Last edited by nathanjizzle; 09-30-2014 at 12:43 PM.

intelligent and educated
    highly successful
    realist
    not a leftist sheep
    logic/facts > emotion
    prefers long term planning
    strong moral values
    loves the fellow man, not a foreign subspecies

I am going by myself, feel free to add

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    white
    conservative

a story id like to share. i went into aldi's one time and i noticed that the cashier was white and oddly the manager was asian, both female. there seemed to be tension between the cashier and manager and you can kind of tell the cashier hated her. So i grabbed my can of chicken rice dumplings and get in the line of this cashier. Their was a kind older white woman in front of me with a cart full of stuff and she kindly turned to me and said "would you like to go infront" i responded "yes, thank you", as i was going to get in front of her the cashier saw what was happening and said "no, come ill check your stuff up" motioning at the white women to be checked out before me. I didnt realize why she wouldnt allow me to cut the lady until after i left. That she was racists against asians and didnt want me to have the convenience of cutting in line after the woman asked if i wanted to. Its subtle racism like that that people dont understand or know about.
    I forgot that only white people can be racists. Thanks for re-clarifying this point again.

Quote Originally Posted by knickballer
    I forgot that only white people can be racists. Thanks for re-clarifying this point again.
    Coincidentally I think nathanjizzle possesses every personality trait listed in the OP.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    Coincidentally I think nathanjizzle possesses every personality trait listed in the OP.
    I was about to say this...

Quote Originally Posted by knickballer
    racism, sexism, etc. = power + prejudice

minorities, disfranchised people can't be "-istic"

learn to live by these definitions, because that's our future

High School Varsity 6th Man moaz's Avatar

1% professional racists, using it to achieve advantages in life/employment (how many fox news staff would work for other news organizations?)
    1% ideological racists who gave the issue some thoughts and can articulate their points.

98% losers that hate everyone else and blame them for their failure of a life. Those tend to follow the above mentioned 2% and repeat anything they say.

Born again Cavs fan bballnoob1192's Avatar

Bullshit. What you listed are the stereotypical racists. IMO many racists are intellects, and that is the scary/sad part of our society.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

white
    conservative

Why do you continue to peddle this bullshit??

Hates Lebron, loves Kobe.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    Why do you continue to peddle this bullshit??
    Yeah I think hes wrong. You racist and I have never heard of you having a flag on your front lawn.

white
    conservative

yup, racist right here