Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Top 1 Bball Mind.

Exclamation When taking into account salary cap hit, is Kobe Bryant the worst player in the NBA?

A net negative player making 25 mil? I say yes.

High School Starter

Default Re: When taking into account salary cap hit, is Kobe Bryant the worst player in the NBA?

you can call him whatever you want but nobody will ever call him worse than Barkley

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Default Re: When taking into account salary cap hit, is Kobe Bryant the worst player in the NBA?

Quote Originally Posted by DaOldLion
    you can call him whatever you want but nobody will ever call him worse than Barkley
    He's worse than Barkley.

Banned

Might be the worst in NBA history if you think about it

Jordan played for $5M a year so it wasnt bad

Shaq played for 20M a year in Cleveland in 2010, but he wasnt that bad

Garnett, Pierce, Allen all played for cheap in their final years

Ummm. honestly cant think of one

Maybe the seasons Jermaine O' Neal was earning 20M in like 2009, or Stephan Marbury earning 20M in 2006, or maybe a broken down Arenas earning 20M in 2010 playing garbage?

But again, neither of them were as bad as Kobe, so cant really make an argument for Kobe there.

So yes, OP you're right.

Tolerant Liberals

Quote Originally Posted by DaOldLion
    As a player, Barkley has far more positive impact on his team.

High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    He's worse than Barkley.
    round mound of no rings

Banned

Maybe even NBA history.

Factoring in the contract, his WOAT impact, or the fact that he drove every single big-name free agent away. I say current Kobe is the biggest negative in sports, forget basketball, but sports. I don't care if he sells tickets or jerseys. In terms of short term success, AND long-term success, he's the absolute worst player in the league. It's inarguable.

Proves idiots wrong Human Error's Avatar

Yes, by far.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

If Barkley played with prime Shaq for 8 years he'd have 5-8 rings

Local High School Star lakerspng's Avatar

no chance. those two together would have binge eaten to over 1000 lbs combined.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Vaniiiia
    Maybe even NBA history.

Factoring in the contract, his WOAT impact, or the fact that he drove every single big-name free agent away. I say current Kobe is the biggest negative in sports, forget basketball, but sports. I don't care if he sells tickets or jerseys. In terms of short term success, AND long-term success, he's the absolute worst player in the league. It's inarguable.

Damn, I said the exact same thing! solid points

You're right, WOAT impact in sports history, im sorry, i shouldnt have limited it to just the NBA

Local High School Star lakerspng's Avatar

threads like this need to just be deleted. seriously just shut up and let the season play out. it's aggravating reading this trash over and over.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaniiiia
    Maybe even NBA history.

Didn't even factor in his destructive impact to the Lakers FA hopes. Also the fact that even though Kobe sucks so badly, his coach still has to play him 30+ mins or face the wrath of the media/retarded Kobe fans.

It's official:

Current Kobe Bryant is the worst player in NBA history.

Great work guys.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by lakerspng
    threads like this need to just be deleted. seriously just shut up and let the season play out. it's aggravating reading this trash over and over.
    This is a NBA discussion forum, if you don't want to discuss the NBA go somewhere else.

High School Starter

because Moses Malone, Dr. J, multiple time all star/ all defensive teamer Dan Majerle, all nba guard Kevin Johnson, Scottie Pippen and Hakeem Olajuwon wasn't enough..