Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: Kobe looks GREAT. Easily the best player in NBA history in 20th season...

Kobe vs Kevin Willis on the Mavs or Spurs...wherever he finished...Parish on the...Bulls...and Kareem in his final season? Maybe James Edwards on the Bulls or Moses on the Spurs?

Yes. Id say Kobe is likely the best in season 20.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Default Re: Kobe looks GREAT. Easily the best player in NBA history in 20th season...

Can you stop talking to your customers like that, Nigel?

Don't make me call your manager.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge
    Can you stop talking to your customers like that, Nigel?

Don't make me call your manager.
    Keep talking shit lol but can't back it up, since I'm a Registered nurse, ill fvck you up when we box, then ill take care of you after, free healthcare k? Deal?

College star

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge

What did I do wrong, man? I thought we were friends. I am not Simon, btw. My name is Daniel.

I love you too. Let's keep it this way, please.

Like i counsel a lot of my patients, "you can pick your friends but you can't pick your parents". You are a born loser; your phenotype is faggot.

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
    Kobe looked BRILLIANT last night and he simply embarrassed the young and upcoming Jazz. I was SHOCKED at how young his legs looked.

Kobe is the most skilled player in NBA history and that is allowing him to be the greatest player in NBA history in their 20th season.

LA obviously has an inexperienced and unproven roster, but Kobe is still Kobe.

Top 5 player in his 20th season if healthy.

That SKILL, doe.
    Dude's had 3 injuries and still ballin great and yung nikka's thinking that if Jordan played a whole career he wouldn't be at least 9/9. Dat yung ISH logic.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 20Four
    Keep talking shit lol but can't back it up, since I'm a Registered nurse, ill fvck you up when we box, then ill take care of you after, free healthcare k? Deal?

You're a McDonalds employee, fam. Nothing more, nothing less.

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    He is. The fundamentals, the court vision, the high basketball IQ... If he can remain healthy, he'll easily play on an all-star level. He was able to lead the league in scoring for like the first 2 months of last season and he had no legs/quickness, yet he could drop 44 on the NBA champs and like 20 points in one quarter on the road @GS.

Still the best SG in the league when healthy.
    First of all, no he isn't, but this is the same comment that Wade fans are always trashed for. "When healthy". It comes to a point that not being healthy is just part of the equation. Last season "when healthy" Wade was outstanding. If you remove the games he exited with injury and the games just returning from injury, his production was near prime level (There was a stat that showed his per 36 numbers in "healthy" games to be about 25/7/5 on 49%).

Point is, it's unrealistic to expect Kobe (or Wade) to ever be consistently healthy at this point in his career. There may be glimpses and stretches of vintage play, but it cannot be sustained. I've accepted it as a Heat / Wade fan, and Lakers / Kobe fans would be wise to do the same.

I would much rather take Kareem in his 20th season. He was part of a team that reached NBA finals (which Kobe has no chance of) because he accepted who he was at that point including a lesser role on the team.

I rule the local playground

His competition is Kareem, Kevin Willis, and Parish. Parish average less than 4 points a game. Willis less than three. The OP sure has set the bar high. Yeah, 20 years in the league, on its own, is quite an accomplishment, even for someone who entered four years younger than his competition.

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Face it, LA has a shit roster in the greatest conference in NBA history. However, if he can get this shit roster to 40 wins, which wouldn't even sniff the playoffs in the west, it will only grow his legend. Think about it...

He will prove himself to have the greatest longevity of all time, which will only cement that his skill is the greatest of all time.

Out of the top 10 all time, Kobe has no superior physical trait. (Or overall size) MJ had the huge hands and athleticism. Kareem had the size. Bird was 6'9 250. Duncan has the size. Etc. Kobe is 6'7 and 220, doesn't have huge hands, isn't the most athletic of his era, etc. However, he was the best player of the decade because of skill. He's the 2nd GOAT because of skill.

THAT is why people like me respect Kobe the most...he is simply the most skilled player in NBA history. He had to work the hardest to become what he is

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
    Face it, LA has a shit roster in the greatest conference in NBA history. However, if he can get this shit roster to 40 wins, which wouldn't even sniff the playoffs in the west, it will only grow his legend. Think about it...

He will prove himself to have the greatest longevity of all time, which will only cement that his skill is the greatest of all time.

Out of the top 10 all time, Kobe has no superior physical trait. (Or overall size) MJ had the huge hands and athleticism. Kareem had the size. Bird was 6'9 250. Duncan has the size. Etc. Kobe is 6'7 and 220, doesn't have huge hands, isn't the most athletic of his era, etc. However, he was the best player of the decade because of skill. He's the 2nd GOAT because of skill.

THAT is why people like me respect Kobe the most...he is simply the most skilled player in NBA history. He had to work the hardest to become what he is

Why my nikka stalker get banned?

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

As if the constant Bryant/James/Jordan threads weren't bad enough we now have these threads constantly devolving into the exact same insult fight about who works at McDonald's. As if any of you people are employable. Bans are extremely overdue and are going to start coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    As if the constant Bryant/James/Jordan threads weren't bad enough we now have these threads constantly devolving into the exact same insult fight about who works at McDonald's. As if any of you people are employable. Bans are extremely overdue and are going to start coming.

Quote Originally Posted by GrapeApe
    First of all, no he isn't, but this is the same comment that Wade fans are always trashed for. "When healthy". It comes to a point that not being healthy is just part of the equation. Last season "when healthy" Wade was outstanding. If you remove the games he exited with injury and the games just returning from injury, his production was near prime level (There was a stat that showed his per 36 numbers in "healthy" games to be about 25/7/5 on 49%).

Point is, it's unrealistic to expect Kobe (or Wade) to ever be consistently healthy at this point in his career. There may be glimpses and stretches of vintage play, but it cannot be sustained. I've accepted it as a Heat / Wade fan, and Lakers / Kobe fans would be wise to do the same.
    I agree, Wade looked great when healthy last season, but they aren't having the same issues. Wade dropped off after the 2011 season, Kobe still looked great in 2013 before his achilles injury, he hasn't had the chance to get himself in top shape because of multiple freak injuries that sidelined him for most of the last 2 years and he's finally looking healthy now. You can see it in his movements, his shot looks as fluid as it did in 2013.

Wade's been struggling with knee issues all his career after he had the meniscus removed rather than repaired to make a quick recovery in his college days, Kobe's had his share of knee injuries but he still looked way more athletic in 2013 than Wade did at the time, and let's not forget that Kobe is a more skilled player. A rather healthy Wade missed Playoffs last season despite having good teammates and despite playing in the Leastern conference, Kobe 2013 carried a team with no bench and with a bunch of injuries to a 7th seed in the West.

tl;dr - Kobe is the better player, Wade has knee issues that are beyond repair, Kobe is the best SG in the league when healthy.