Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Very good NBA starter

Default Ty Lawson pleads guilty to DUI, could face up to 180 days in prison

http://www.tmz.com/2015/11/19/ty-lawson-denver-dui/

"Ty Lawson may not have a long season ... he just pled guilty to charges stemming from his January drunk driving arrest.

The Rockets point guard was arrested in January after he was pulled over by police in Denver. The cops smelled alcohol and said he had slurred speech ... Ty ultimately failed his field sobriety test.

Ty pled guilty to driving while ability impaired, as well as failure to drive in a single lane. He faces up to 180 days in jail.

The Denver incident is not his only arrest this year. He was pulled over and arrested this summer in LA and went to rehab afterwards. He's due in court next week for that charge.

Sentencing for the Denver charges is set for January ... right about mid-season."

Default Re: Ty Lawson pleads guilty to DUI, could face up to 180 days in prison

This bitch was so loud in the offseason

This guy is getting paid $48,000,000 over 4 years and can't afford a god damn $50 Uber? What a bitch.

Morey picking up scum to stat pad his 2k roster as usual.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

He's an idiot for the DUI of course but I know a guy that DUI'd 3 times without doing a day in jail. And he couldn't afford the level of lawyer Lawson can. His guilty plea was probably on the advice of his lawyer, who I'm guessing wouldn't have advised him to do that if he was facing 180 days.

Doubt he will spend any time in jail (especially during the season), probably wouldn't take the plea deal if he would.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    He's an idiot for the DUI of course but I know a guy that DUI'd 3 times without doing a day in jail. And he couldn't afford the level of lawyer Lawson can. His guilty plea was probably on the advice of his lawyer, who I'm guessing wouldn't have advised him to do that if he was facing 180 days.
    was he white or black?

this guy is gonna get wavie soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocaine80s
    was he white or black?
    White, but any preferential treatment he might have got based on race is more than made up for by being a millionaire with the best lawyer money can buy.

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    This guy is getting paid $48,000,000 over 4 years and can't afford a god damn $50 Uber? What a bitch.
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Uber isn't the best idea for a celebrity.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    Different states have different sentencing criteria. It also depends on the DA and if he or she is on a mission.

Rich people don't go to jail. Especially not for a DUI.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldWarriors
    Different states have different sentencing criteria. It also depends on the DA and if he or she is on a mission.
    True but as he pled guilty I doubt he's going to do much time if any. A good lawyer wouldn't tell him to plea guilty if he was getting 180 days.

denver comes out winning

Dumb ghetto hooligans. Hope he stays in prison and hets butt raped