Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Not airballing my layups anymore Patches O'Houlihan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by traditionone
    The is a lot of smoke around the possibility of a trade between the Lakers and the Bulls involving Lamar Odom, a guy the Bulls really like. Where there's smoke, there's a fire and both teams may be discussing the possibilities of a deal.

Any deal that would send Odom to Chicago must include Ben Gordon, but if the Bulls are set on drafting Brandon Roy, that is okay from their point of view. Chris Duhon would have to be a part of the package as well. If the Lakers include Chris Mihm, the Bulls can counter with Tyson Chandler, Michael Sweetney, or one of their small forwards, Nocioni or Deng, depending on where Chicago wants to play Odom, at the 3 or the 4. Other players like Smush Parker and Brian Cook could be included. If the Lakers wants to trade Odom, Chicago is probably their best trading partner.
    So the Lakers trade Odom and don't get the pick in return. No thanks. Odom for Gordon and Duhon. That's ridiculous. The Lakers lose a ton of size and get a one dimensional player(Gordon) that plays the same position as Kobe in return.

Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by traditionone
    The is a lot of smoke around the possibility of a trade between the Lakers and the Bulls involving Lamar Odom, a guy the Bulls really like. Where there's smoke, there's a fire and both teams may be discussing the possibilities of a deal.

Any deal that would send Odom to Chicago must include Ben Gordon, but if the Bulls are set on drafting Brandon Roy, that is okay from their point of view. Chris Duhon would have to be a part of the package as well. If the Lakers include Chris Mihm, the Bulls can counter with Tyson Chandler, Michael Sweetney, or one of their small forwards, Nocioni or Deng, depending on where Chicago wants to play Odom, at the 3 or the 4. Other players like Smush Parker and Brian Cook could be included. If the Lakers wants to trade Odom, Chicago is probably their best trading partner.
    why would they trade odom whos a versatile threat in the frontcourt for two guards?? they would have a sweet backcourt but then what?? nothing at all in the frontcourt
    Last edited by hotsizzle; 06-11-2006 at 04:18 PM.

I am obsessed with demonizing Kobe

I would love to see Lamar stud Odom in a different team. He's only 26, so he's entering his prime years. I would hate for it to be wasted in a Laker uniform.

I usually hit open layups BeckDiggLer's Avatar

I don't think Odom is the one they are shopping, they are shopping Bynam (who Jackson wants to get rid of) and Mihm.

Quote Originally Posted by AKA AAP
    I would love to see Lamar stud Odom in a different team. He's only 26, so he's entering his prime years. I would hate for it to be wasted in a Laker uniform.

Hey man I think your in the wrong room.

Odom can play anywhere from the 1 to the 4.

I would keep him but he has to perform like he did in the playoffs for ever now.

except make more threes and free throws.

I rule the local playground

It would take more than two guards to complete an Odom trade. Two guards + Deng, Nocioni, or a big would be more intriguing.

I'm more along the lines of Odom and Mihm for Duhon, Gordon, and Chandler or Nocioni. That would give us 3 new starters and more depth. It can expand from there.

Saw a basketball once

Default nocioni

There is no possible way that Paxson would make that trade, then again Paxson isn't exactly the smartest GM. Why would you give up 3 young solid kids for two duds. Odom has shown over and over again that he will never live up to his potential and mihm has no trade value. The bulls would be giving up Deng who is young and athletic and has tons of potential (when healthy) and Nocioni who is just tough and played awesome against the heat.

In your other trade you said Gorden, Duhon and Chandler. What sense does that make? You can get alot more for Gorden considering his age and his ability to score, mainly in the 4th quarter. Duhon just got a contract extention for his steller defense, his maturity and leadership and because he can run a team. Chandler is solid with his double double. A great rebounder, long and athletic. Those trades make no sense, I personally want to see the Bulls draft another big with the number 2 pick.

a lot of you people say lakers won 2 times in a row they won 4 times in a row

I'm not exactly sure what's in the laker's front office talk right now but the last thing I heard was they don't plan on executing MAJOR trades because they wanna keep theyre Core group.

I say they look to get rid of our dissapointments (wafer, green, George) and add some better proven guys (Marcus, Profit, Rush)

I'm not exactly sure what's in the laker's front office talk right now but the last thing I heard was they don't plan on executing MAJOR trades because they wanna keep theyre Core group.

I say they look to get rid of our dissapointments (wafer, green, George) and add some better proven guys (Marcus, Profit, Rush)

Quote Originally Posted by Lightemup43
    There is no possible way that Paxson would make that trade, then again Paxson isn't exactly the smartest GM. Why would you give up 3 young solid kids for two duds. Odom has shown over and over again that he will never live up to his potential and mihm has no trade value. The bulls would be giving up Deng who is young and athletic and has tons of potential (when healthy) and Nocioni who is just tough and played awesome against the heat.

In your other trade you said Gorden, Duhon and Chandler. What sense does that make? You can get alot more for Gorden considering his age and his ability to score, mainly in the 4th quarter. Duhon just got a contract extention for his steller defense, his maturity and leadership and because he can run a team. Chandler is solid with his double double. A great rebounder, long and athletic. Those trades make no sense, I personally want to see the Bulls draft another big with the number 2 pick.
    i agree that odom has not lived up to his potential when he came out of rhode island, hes been inconsistent throughout his career but when hes on his game he can put up a triple double. mihm has trade value the guy has can play with his back to the basket and also hit a 15-18 ft jumper, the thing is he gets into foul trouble alot. he tries to block everything, which is pretty cool but you still have to play smart. these things they can improve on

now bulls i like duhon alot the clippers were stupid in getting lionel chalmers over chris duhon in the second round of the 04 draft. gordon needs to work on his defense...chandler sorry to say he aint solid and for what the bulls are paying for him he should be better than solid

Quote Originally Posted by lakerfreak

add mckie to that list of dissappointments and i wouldnt give up on wafer yet i think he has potential

I totally agree about Mckie. Lakers need to forget about old guys that are a step away from retiring. (Vlade Divac, Aaron Mckie, Jim Jackson)

Jim jackson actually did ok so im not dissapointed in him but i doubt he will be coming back. but get rid of George, Green, Mckie, and Jim jackson.

I agree that Wafer has potential and i think his problem is he still gets butterflies during games. But he also struggled in D league shooting 38%.
    he needs to shape up and work out with Kobe Bryant this season.

But anyways back to the point, get rid of the 4 I mentioned and we can sign our 3 main guys we like. Marcus Banks, Kareem Rush, and Laron Profit.
    Sorry I know I said ths plenty of times but it we get those three our off season is already a success.

Don't forget there is also draft day. If we dont trade up we would either draft Jordan Farmar or the other guy yall like Quincy Douby.

Home of the 16

Default Re: Laker Trade Rumors

yea...

Default Re: Laker Trade Rumors

I look at my posts from 5 years ago, I was 19 years old. Now I am 24. I feel like I've changed a lot in my outlook regarding basketball. These are fun to read.