Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Default Re: Lakers Next Head Coach: Mike Brown

It is important to note that Mike Brown is a student of the great poppovich.

Poppovich's spurs never had a good offense, but because they had really good players surrounding one of the best cores at their time. That roster won 2-3 championships based strictly on a defensive scheme.

I don't see why Mike Brown can't lift this lakers team over the hump. This can be another san antonio scenario. I can't wait to see what the defense is going to look like next time we watch these guys play.

Decent college freshman LA.MJ&KB#1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lakerfreak
    It is important to note that Mike Brown is a student of the great poppovich.

Poppovich's spurs never had a good offense, but because they had really good players surrounding one of the best cores at their time. That roster won 2-3 championships based strictly on a defensive scheme.

I don't see why Mike Brown can't lift this lakers team over the hump. This can be another san antonio scenario. I can't wait to see what the defense is going to look like next time we watch these guys play.
    The more I think about Coach Mike Brown and the GREAT points you bring up about him lakerfreak the more everybody should trust the decission Jim Buss made. I'm ready for the lakers to move in a different direction and to start with DEFENSE FIRST isn't bad at all. Kobe seems to like the ideal about DEFENSE FIRST.
    I can't wait to see this laker team next season just leave the ROLLERCOASTER RIDE BEHIND.

NBA lottery pick

I wonder what that defense first mentality is going to do to ticket sales and tv ratings..... I don't see a style of play like Detroit or San Antonio has drawing in the crowds quite like the Showtime of the Lakers does. Not to mention the whole high scoring offense showtime thing has kind of worked out in LA.

Ok........Guys are drinking the Kool-Aid on here........just remember what I told ya........his late game strategy and decision making will kill us in the end.....look at what happened over and over to the Bulls and Thunder.
    Closing games is where a head coach really EARNS his money and where Championships are won.

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DKLaker
    Ok........Guys are drinking the Kool-Aid on here........just remember what I told ya........his late game strategy and decision making will kill us in the end.....look at what happened over and over to the Bulls and Thunder.
    Closing games is where a head coach really EARNS his money and where Championships are won.

what else can we do? we all know he is a horrible HEAD coach and like tamara said he should be an Assistant coach.

I dont know why they didnt go through a formal hiring process where you interview all the candidates and then make a decision.

this is just pathetic honestly.

Decent college freshman

Brown is the new Poppovich. Will get the msot out of his palyers, actually use good young players and role players and get LA to play D and try harder. Phil lost it at the end. This team wasn't giving the effort, especially on D and Dallas murdered them for it. Even NO hurt them pretty badly. Brown will rectify that. An offense featuring Pau,Kobe,Bynum and Lamar will run itself for the most part.

I rule the local playground

I'm willing to give Mike Brown a chance before I bury him. LeBron James became bigger than the entire Cavs organization when management became determined to do whatever it takes to keep him, which failed in the end. LeBron did whatever he wanted whenever he wanted. The coach had no authority over him because management was afraid to lose him. They fired Mike Brown in an attempt to keep LeBron. The offense was stagnant because that is what King James wanted, not necessarily what Mike Brown wanted.

He's a good coach in a pool that has no great coaches. There was no home run pick.

Home of the 16

All the coaches that we on here, the media, ex-players mentioned.......and not a single one that I heard or read suggested Mike Brown even get an interview..........Why? Because everyone knows he's a stupid coach and even worse in the postseason

I keep saying that the only one capable of running the Lakers other than Jerry is Jeanie.

UGH.....What a day
    I feel you
    MY MAIN PROBLEM IS, I CANT PICTURE THE LAKERS ANYMORE!

It aint gonna be the same with him on the team, I really wanted Shaw to be the Coach tho.. no lie, I think he atleast deserved a chance..

so whats shaw's status now? is he gonna come back and be an assistant?

Home of the 16

When he said "we", did he mean Me,Myself and I?
    Last edited by $LakerGold; 05-27-2011 at 08:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus
    Brown is the new Poppovich. Will get the msot out of his palyers, actually use good young players and role players and get LA to play D and try harder. Phil lost it at the end. This team wasn't giving the effort, especially on D and Dallas murdered them for it. Even NO hurt them pretty badly. Brown will rectify that. An offense featuring Pau,Kobe,Bynum and Lamar will run itself for the most part.
    Don't get me wrong....I hope Brown makes me eat my words and wins like 6 championships in 10 years

What I really can't stand is guys trying to equate Brown to Pop.

Brown = Pop LIKE Rambis = Phil
    Wish him luck but please stop the comparison.......it's not like we haven't seen him coach before.......and trust me NO One is calling him a genius.

NBA lottery pick

Brown = Pop LIKE Rambis = Phil
    Wish him luck but please stop the comparison.......it's not like we haven't seen him coach before.......and trust me NO One is calling him a genius.
    We mostly don't agree but this time.... it's 100%

Local High School Star crosso√er's Avatar

I am totally satisfied with this signing; got really tired of Mike being used as a scapegoat in Cleveland every-time James choked in the playoffs. He overachieved with Cleveland every single year and was a COTY candidate twice. Led that team to the best record twice; he emphasizes defense and I'm sure LA can recruit some sound assistant coaches who are offense oriented if things don't go well on that end.

I'm happy for our future; it's a signing that makes sense to me.

NBA lottery pick

This can't be good either....

Another coach Brown is interested in having on his Lakers staff is Detroit Pistons Coach John Kuester, two executives with NBA teams said. Los Angeles Times
    I hated the job Kuester did in Detroit. He obviously couldn't get along with the players, even the ones who are known to be nice, good people. If you're looking for offensive creativity to balance out Brown's defensive mind it won't be found in Kuester.

Brown has contacted New Orleans Hornets Coach Monty Williams to express his interest in having Hornets assistant Michael Malone join him in Los Angeles, according to an NBA official briefed on the matter who was not authorized to speak publicly.

The Hornets are mulling their options with Malone, the official said, because he is the No.1 assistant in New Orleans. But the official said the Hornets don't want to keep anybody around who doesn't want to be there. Brown and Malone worked together in Cleveland for five years before the Cavaliers fired Brown after the 2009-10 season, and Malone joined the Hornets for the 2010-11 season. Los Angeles Times
    This is your other possible assistant. The positive side I can see from this is Malone should have a pretty good relationship with CP3 by now. It could help in landing him in a trade to LA....

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by crosso√er
    I am totally satisfied with this signing; got really tired of Mike being used as a scapegoat in Cleveland every-time James choked in the playoffs. He overachieved with Cleveland every single year and was a COTY candidate twice. Led that team to the best record twice; he emphasizes defense and I'm sure LA can recruit some sound assistant coaches who are offense oriented if things don't go well on that end.

I'm happy for our future; it's a signing that makes sense to me.
    He also won the award. One could only hope that he brings that same success to L.A.

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    This is your other possible assistant. The positive side I can see from this is Malone should have a pretty good relationship with CP3 by now. It could help in landing him in a trade to LA....
    Hmmm...