Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    An Icon Forever

Default Re: 26 years old and want to get into basketball

Thanks Overdrive! All that sounds great!

kings fan

Quote Originally Posted by Heilige
    Thanks Overdrive! All that sounds great!

Well, it's not. His food advice is hackish. Don't use it. Mine's better.
    Last edited by cuad; 08-06-2012 at 09:36 PM.

oh i forgot to add

when doing drills, keep a journal and always try to beat your personal bests in every drill

i used to do this and I would say to myself "i wont leave until I beat SOMETHING". Sometimes i'd be at the courts all day haha so you dont HAVE to do this, im just really competitive with myself

when it comes to nutrition there is a lot of truth in what has been said but there is also a lot left out

try to cook all your meals and try and cut out all preservatives and processed foods out of your diet. by fresh foods and drink water instead of juice. eat smaller meals but eat more often. cut out the carbs for your last two meals of the day. try not to eat before you sleep but if you HAVE to stay away from carbs/sugars

no pizza, limit red/fatty meats, no soda, no ice cream. these are the "cheat" foods

once in a while you can cheat like once a week, but to really see results just stay away from them
    Last edited by Burgz V2; 08-06-2012 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cuad
    Well, it's not. His food advice is hackish. Don't use it. Mine's better.
    Why is it hackish? Because I said that you can eat junkfood once in a while?
    Just read a bit into the Ketosis nutrition plan. Well it's nice, but nothing but a certain metabolism diet gone into detail. There's nothing I didn't say aside from eating junkfood once in a while. I didn't put up a whole foodplan, because that's no use on a forum. If someone's interested in an exact plan for himself, that person should go to a professional nutritionist anyway, because the foodplan depends heavily on the person itself and their activities.

I didn't promote any carbohydrate intake aside from apples and those carbohydrates are used up within 10 minutes if you do some activity, there's no mention about that in that bodybuilding forum thread. Glycolysis and the citrate cycle producing ATP as a byproduct only are used for shortterm energy if you don't eat too much sugar, which I proclaimed as bad aswell.

One thing that bugged me though, the food pyramid:
    The intake of vegetables is not exactly the intake of carbohydrates - which is shown in the food pyramid. Cucumbers are about 90% water. They contain 15kcal per 100g(63kJ). The food pyramid on this website suggests that the intake of Nuts(Walnuts = 600kcal or 2520kJ per 100g, high on fat) which you have to eat with some fat, else the proteins contained within nuts cannot be used by the body, is superior to lettuce or any other lowcarb, low calorie vegetable.

Same for oils. Without being active the body stores the fat of oil as fat, man fat are still a form of carbohydrates, no mention of that in that thread. Actually fatty acids feed the citrate cycle and by that everything the op of the bodybuilder thread wants to avoid - read about it from another source.

Olive oil, which is about the most long-chained oil(the longer the better - palm oil is the longest chained one) you'll get without going to some asian specialty store, has about 900kcal(3780kJ) per 100g. So you the intake of oil on the bottom of the food pyramid is very deceiving.