Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Decent college freshman Ben Simmons 25's Avatar

Default Re: Should I restore my 2008 Mustang?

Quote Originally Posted by dude77
    even though this has truth in it, it still reeks of poverty talking
    And if I were super poor, does that make you better than me?

Why is the idea of someone being poor funny to you?

You're a gigantic piece of shit.

I mean.

I look at cars as this, and, if people view it at such I wouldn't disagree.

A car is like a mattress. Depending on how much you travel yearly, how much time you spend IN your car, and how valuable it is for you necessity wise, you should invest in a car that's comfortable.

With that said, if you overspend on certain aspects such as wheels, body kits, certain mods that just increase sound, then you're going into bad territory.

To some, driving provides therapy. Their car is pumped with money not because it's a symbol, but because it's a hobby.

I'm all for investing into hobbies but a car hobby is by far the most expensive hobby.

To me, a nice luxury but sporty car would do. However, the difference with me and some people is I'm ensuring financial security before I provide myself the luxury of a driving experience.

I'm lucky to have NYC Transit. There's terrible parking where I work, alternate side parking, and dealing with tickets is shitty.

Doesn't matter what car you have. Whether it's $1-100,000, a car is luxury.

There are people that can't afford a $3000 car because of insurance and gas. Maintenance aside..

Anyone that has a car in NY is either wealthy or they prefer the comfort of their own private transportation. Both can easily put you in debt. I know people that spend $100's on uber/lyft just because. When I run my tabs monthly, I still don't break even utilizing this service. I can do it several times a month and still have money to spend that wouldn't equal insurance. In NYC insurance is expensive. 25< you're at $250-350. 25> you're at $180-250.

With that said, I'm looking into either a sub $5000 car (TSX, IS300, WRX, etc.) after September. I think I've had it with public transportation. Trains treat me okay but I think I'll be more than financially stable by then to offset any debt.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

if you have some money -

put it in a barn and forget about it.
    When your a grandpa , haul it out and give it to one of your grandkids.

one of their first questions will be " Grandpa Patrick is this a model T??"