Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Decent college freshman Ben Simmons 25's Avatar

Default Do movie theaters shoot themselves in the foot with concession prices?

I

Good college starter Charlie Sheen's Avatar

Default Re: Do movie theaters shoot themselves in the foot with concession prices?

You know you don't have to smuggle your own snacks and drinks, right? You can walk right in holding it in your hand out in the open. I'm not being a dick, a lot of people don't know that.

Default Re: Do movie theaters shoot themselves in the foot with concession prices?

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Sheen
    You know you don't have to smuggle your own snacks and drinks, right? You can walk right in holding it in your hand out in the open. I'm not being a dick, a lot of people don't know that.
    a lot of theaters have a clear policy not allowing outside food/drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey
    a lot of theaters have a clear policy not allowing outside food/drinks.
    highwhey you can trust me on this. As long as it doesn't look like you're bringing booze in a faderade, they're not going to tell you no. Fact is they'd rather you have it out in the open after that Colorado psycho there's a lot scarier things people could be trying to conceal in bags and under their shirts. It's not like a concert or a sports event where they're gonna make you throw it away at the door.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Sheen
    highwhey you can trust me on this. As long as it doesn't look like you're bringing booze in a faderade, they're not going to tell you no. Fact is they'd rather you have it out in the open after that Colorado psycho there's a lot scarier things people could be trying to conceal in bags and under their shirts. It's not like a concert or a sports event where they're gonna make you throw it away at the door.

Love how you initially stated it as a simple matter of fact, like it's some obscure law or something that people can bring in their own stuff.

And then you supported it with, "Trust me man... I guarantee they're not gonna stop you. Why would they!?!?"

You can't bring in your own stuff per the policy. You can try, and maybe they dont say anything. Or maybe they make you throw out a bunch of food or waste a movie ticket.

Life's a gamble yo.

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    Love how you initially stated it as a simple matter of fact, like it's some obscure law or something that people can bring in their own stuff.

And then you supported it with, "Trust me man... I guarantee they're not gonna stop you. Why would they!?!?"

You can't bring in your own stuff per the policy. You can try, and maybe they dont say anything. Or maybe they make you throw out a bunch of food or waste a movie ticket.

Life's a gamble yo.
    Well, yeah, a bunch of food in a cooler or a picnic basket they're gonna probably direct you to that policy.

Say there's a subway in the same strip mall as the theatre and you bring in a sandwich, bag of chips and a drink. They're not stopping you for that.

Movie popcorn too good doe

1 bucket is worth admission price without even seeing a film at all, just bounce and Netflix

[QUOTE=Ben Simmons 25]I

Banned

who doesn't sneak in candy.

at most i buy a drink and fill it with half a mickey

Going to the movie theater is the only time in my life I actually like that my wife has a huge purse. You can stuff like 4-5 Beef 'n' Cheddars in there on top of what she keeps in that thing regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    Going to the movie theater is the only time in my life I actually like that my wife has a huge purse. You can stuff like 4-5 Beef 'n' Cheddars in there on top of what she keeps in that thing regularly.
    'Murica.

How much do you guys pay for a cinema ticket now?

Here they've raised it to around $24 which is insane. Everyone uses discounts through phone provider loyalty programs etc for $11-$15. Not many people walk in and pay full price anymore. And they wonder why we pirate more than anyone in the world

The snacks have always been on the pricey side but you can usually get combos of popcorn, drink and choc top for about $15 or so

Quote Originally Posted by coin24
    How much do you guys pay for a cinema ticket now?

Here they've raised it to around $24 which is insane. Everyone uses discounts through phone provider loyalty programs etc for $11-$15. Not many people walk in and pay full price anymore. And they wonder why we pirate more than anyone in the world

The snacks have always been on the pricey side but you can usually get combos of popcorn, drink and choc top for about $15 or so
    I'm going to see Captain Marvel tomorrow on Sunday with my wife and daughter. My wife and I's tickets were $8.50 a piece and the daughter was $8. It's a nice theater too. They recently remodeled it. So they have nice motorized reclining vinyl seats.

Quote Originally Posted by scuzzy
    Movie popcorn too good doe

1 bucket is worth admission price without even seeing a film at all, just bounce and Netflix

poor people thread