NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Default Bucks Wars Complex discussion

Last Thurs. 12/6 Bucks hosted the Wars without Dyramond Green .

The Bucks are close to be a championship contender , but I am going to break down the Warriors and the Bucks roster and what I saw.

Up Front it was quit noticeable that the Bucks felt pressure , and it showed on defense as well as 3 point shooting.
    They lost by over 10 points , but the Wars were coasting.

So lets start with the guards.
    Curry and Thompson - are players that can score apx. 50 points in total.
    This puts a huge amount of pressure on the opponents guards to match or defend them.
    If the pressure would be so great then SF Durant picks up the slack.
    Point is it is not 2 players to beat but 3. How many teams can defend three players that either of them can go off for 35 + points.

Bucks Guards -
    Bledsoe and Brogdan are solid defenders , but average less than 30 points combined typically a game. So on paper they gave up 20 points already to the Wars.
    Trust me the brain trust of the Wars have figured this out.
    They are good defenders , but beating a 20 point deficit is very very difficult.

SF's Wars -
    KD is probably first option most nights , but against Giannis he was 3rd option. Even though IMO Giannis is much more gifted , they play even so it is a wash. Giannis knows this and so does KD , after all this is a team sport.
    PF's -
    Wars were without Green , but I group Middleton for the Bucks vs Wars in this match up. Middleton was not effective because he was guarded by Thompson for 1/2 the night , because he is the Bucks 2nd option (for real)
    Middleton has to get 28 points against the Wars as well as the Bucks need to shoot 3 pointers at a 40% clip.

Centers :
    Bucks - Lopez thought if he was an open option , it all most looked like he was the primary option ..... why - because the War's can live with that , BUCKS are shooting them selves not only in their own foot , but play to Wars style.
    War's centers were adequate ....
    BUT Cousins hasn't even played, so as a 4th option , no one will ever match up to the War's not on paper , and NOT ON THE court.

So where do the Bucks stand :
    Ironically quite well. They recently traded Delly and Hanson , 2 big contracts to Cav's and got older George Hill.
    Hill is a stopper when he has too....
    He is not a very good shooter , but 15 a game helps.
    He will be in a 3 player rotation with Bledsoe and Brogdan.
    Shell will lose minutes , but I hope some day he is gone.

I have faith that the Bucks can take out 6er's , Pistons, and even the Celtics.
    Sunday night they play the Raptors. It will answer a few questions about the Bucks , but I seriously believe the Eastern Conf, championship will be between Raptors and the Bucks this year.
    Last edited by Jasper; 12-09-2018 at 12:15 PM.