Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    College superstar VengefulAngel's Avatar

Default Lebron's conditioning.

Lebron's athleticism has clearly declined over the last few years but so has his endurance. Do you think that if Lebron starts to get into better basketball shape his jumper will improve, it seems at the moment he gets very little legs in his shot as a result of this his shots are often short. Plus he'll be able to more consistently be a OMFB (One man fast break) leading to easier shots for him.

Default Re: Lebron's conditioning.

im not too concerned over lebrons jumper, hes on a bad streak and is pretty fatigued. Think Lue should rest him a few games for a fresh bron in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebronxrings
    im not too concerned over lebrons jumper, hes on a bad streak and is pretty fatigued. Think Lue should rest him a few games for a fresh bron in the playoffs.
    They have looked absolutely atrocious without Lebron, I think they need to guarantee they get the first seed in the east and then start resting him.

You are not concerned by it because it's the perfect excuse to have in your back pocket when he goes 2/7.

"Oh... well the Cavs lost because Tyronn Lue put them into a new, faster pace system which Bron wasn't prepared for. That's why he shot bad because he was so fatigued. Next year will be different because now Lebron is used to Tyronn's game plan! 2/7 don't even bother me!"

Excuses... not enough help.... acclimating to Tyronn....east is too weak of a conference....

what will it be next?

Decent playground baller

He needs to thin down to increase stamina and longevity.

NBA sixth man of the year Indian guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VengefulAngel
    Lebron's athleticism has clearly declined over the last few years
    It's amazing how age completely dominates people's perception of one's athleticism. LeBron is a better athlete today than he was 4-5 years ago. In fact, I'd even go as far as to say 2015 LeBron(post-2 week break) was his most athletic post-Decision version. Even his stamina is absolutely fine; it was more so an issue in Miami around 2014. He clearly worked his ass off last summer and came in supreme condition. He's easily having his best 2-way season since 2013. He better make an All Defensive Team this year.

LeBron's only real issue, and it's a significant one, is his godawful jump shot. That's where all his problems, when he has them, stem from. You cannot be a perimeter player in this league, and LeBron almost exclusively plays the 3 as a Cavalier, and afford to be a poor shooter. He needs to solve that if Cleveland's gonna have a prayer against SA/GS.

I rule the local playground dubnation's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Indian guy
    It's amazing how age completely dominates people's perception of one's athleticism. LeBron is a better athlete today than he was 4-5 years ago. In fact, I'd even go as far as to say 2015 LeBron(post-2 week break) was his most athletic post-Decision version. Even his stamina is absolutely fine; it was more so an issue in Miami around 2014. He clearly worked his ass off last summer and came in supreme condition. He's easily having his best 2-way season since 2013. He better make an All Defensive Team this year.

LeBron's only real issue, and it's a significant one, is his godawful jump shot. That's where all his problems, when he has them, stem from. You cannot be a perimeter player in this league, and LeBron almost exclusively plays the 3 as a Cavalier, and afford to be a poor shooter. He needs to solve that if Cleveland's gonna have a prayer against SA/GS.
    I think you need to re-watch some Lebron highlights circa 2011-2013. He was clearly more athletic than he is now, and his endurance was far better too.

That said, he looks great this year (better than last year). I don't know what to make of his broken jumpshot. He looks off balance, and most of his shots are short... I'm not sure if that's because his form is broken, because he's out of shape, or because he's got old legs. But he better figure it out because the issue will only be exacerbated in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by dubnation
    I think you need to re-watch some Lebron highlights circa 2011-2013. He was clearly more athletic than he is now, and his endurance was far better too.

That said, he looks great this year (better than last year). I don't know what to make of his broken jumpshot. He looks off balance, and most of his shots are short... I'm not sure if that's because his form is broken, because he's out of shape, or because he's got old legs. But he better figure it out because the issue will only be exacerbated in the playoffs.
    Great post, i'm not sure, his form looks ok, Lebron's form has always differed from the conventional NBA player, but he definitely doesn't get the same lift and trajectory he got in Miami as you said this could be a variety of things. Let's hope he fixes it so we can at least have an entertaining NBA finals.
    Last edited by VengefulAngel; 01-25-2016 at 02:38 PM.

Back to Business

Quote Originally Posted by VengefulAngel
    Great post, i'm not sure, his form looks ok, Lebron's form has always differed form the conventional NBA player, but he definitely doesn't get the same lift and trajectory he got in Miami as you said this could be a variety of things. Let's hope he fixes it so we can at least have an entertaining NBA finals.

who said the cavs were making the finals?

Quote Originally Posted by miggyme1
    Ban bet?

This is not a bad streak. His jumper has been awful for 2 years already

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by miggyme1
    They probably will, but then will lose badly at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by RepMe
    He needs to thin down to increase stamina and longevity.
    This is the perfect excuse for him losing muscle mass as his liver begins to erode and heart enlarges from PED's. His inner organ health, and skin collagen levels are not that of a thirty year old african american man.

His collagen levels are that of a 45-49yr old white man. Due to anabolics.

Just needs a lil 2 week vacation in Miami during the season

He needs a some HGH holidays in Miami to get fresh again