Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Coach Nick rips Lebron and the Cavs a new one

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    I LOVE that end of the video segment about Blatt's pre-NBA offense. I really wish a young, talented, moldable team like the Timberwolves, Lakers, or my Bucks (when shady ass Kidd bails) hires him so we can see what he's really capable of when his team trusts him and is willing to learn and run the offense and defense he wants to.
    Wolves are a great fit for Blatt.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Truth
    SCAPEGOAT

Cavs are everything that's wrong with the NBA today. Huge payroll, huge talent but...

No fundamentals. No effort. No teamwork. No rotations. No passing. No hard screen. No boxing out.

So how is this possible?

FOLLOW THE LEADER.
    That's the kind of team Lebron wanted. Didn't even try to learn Blatt's elite offense.

Lakeshow should sign Blatt, let these young guys follow his system for a few years.

Nah. He's wrong. Everyone but LeBron fans are wrong, despite evidence of their hero disrespecting his coach and playing with half assed effort.

Inb4 somebody mentions Jordan or Kobe, and deflects. It's becoming old hattage with the groupies.

Quote Originally Posted by Mass Debator
    Looks like 2011 Lebron all over again
    Yup

Me being a Cavaliers fan since I was 14 years old, it sucks to say this, but let's be real. The Cavaliers arent winning a championship. There's too many bruised egos (mainly LeBron's) and he has too much influence on the organization. He left Miami for a lot of reasons, but mainly it's because Pat Riley was the first person ever to tell LeBron no to certain things he wanted. I don't care what Griff says, and what LeBron says to the cameras. LeBron has the organization handcuffed and at this point they're reaching for straws.

When Blatt got signed they basically threw out his Princeton offense which is the type of offense you want to play against teams like the Warriors and Spurs. But it was totally abandoned.

Them switching to Lue is going to be the same thing. They might play a faster-pace for a little while once "they're in shape", but it's going to go back to the same old bullshit. The offense will get stopped a couple times in a row and they'll totally abandon it because players will be tired and it's easier letting LeBron or Irving over-dribble the ball for 10-15 seconds versus moving without the ball and swinging it. Irving will over-dribble the ball in ISO, go to the hoop, leave a wide open shooter while taking a harder shot himself, or LeBron will ISO bully-ball while the defense just stacks.

It's just not going to work because the players won't buy in to winning basketball your leaders are setting the tone not to play winning basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    Me being a Cavaliers fan since I was 14 years old, it sucks to say this, but let's be real. The Cavaliers arent winning a championship. There's too many bruised egos (mainly LeBron's) and he has too much influence on the organization. He left Miami for a lot of reasons, but mainly it's because Pat Riley was the first person ever to tell LeBron no to certain things he wanted. I don't care what Griff says, and what LeBron says to the cameras. LeBron has the organization handcuffed and at this point they're reaching for straws.

When Blatt got signed they basically threw out his Princeton offense which is the type of offense you want to play against teams like the Warriors and Spurs. But it was totally abandoned.

Them switching to Lue is going to be the same thing. They might play a faster-pace for a little while once "they're in shape", but it's going to go back to the same old bullshit. The offense will get stopped a couple times in a row and they'll totally abandon it because players will be tired and it's easier letting LeBron or Irving over-dribble the ball for 10-15 seconds versus moving without the ball and swinging it. Irving will over-dribble the ball in ISO, go to the hoop, leave a wide open shooter while taking a harder shot himself, or LeBron will ISO bully-ball while the defense just stacks.

It's just not going to work because the players won't buy in to winning basketball your leaders are setting the tone not to play winning basketball.
    I feel for you man, must be tough having your franchise be so shitty. I thought Blatt was a great coach, he took over for a team that was going to be building for a few years before Lebron came in and gave him championship expectations from day one. It really wasn't fair what happened to him, I just know that teams all over the league are gonna be really interested in him. You can't build a championship team overnight, Lebron should have known that after he got bodied in 2011 by the Mavs.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    Lebron with some Harden like effort on defense this season.
    Bron's always been an ass to coaches, but some of his defensive "mistakes" in this video are so BS. Especially the ones where he is talking about being stuck in no mans land after their team has been picked apart and he has a man driving on him. Half the time he is rushing to the 3 point line instead of taking away middle since he'd rather give away 2 points than 3 against a team like the Spurs or GSW.

Bron has been great on defense this season. Should get all defensive 2nd team at the very least.

Very good NBA starter

Lebron critics will be vindicated more and more with each passing season. Wouldn't surprise me if Lebron retires in a season or two as he is declining to the point of role player level quickly.

The issue with Lebron has always been twofold:

1) He just is not a very skilled basketball player

People mistake his ability to create with his athleticism for actual skill. He doesn't have a jumpshot, doesn't have an offball game, doesn't have fundamentally sound post game. Doesn't even have a baby hook.

2) He is a clinical narcissist.

This makes him sabotage himself indirectly because he simply can't accept criticism. In Lebron's world it is ALWAYS the fault of someone else. ALWAYS. This means he never learns from his mistakes.

This leads me to why Miami was so successful.

Some people forget that Miami ran a sophisticated offense and defense tailor made for the team. People forget Lebron tried to get Spoelstra fired but Riley is too much of an alpha dog for Lebron to bully.

Miami played a high effort, high pace, passing motion offense created from the pick and roll.

The problem is, Lebron had Wade and Bosh, two legit top 10 players, and in Wade a legit top 3 player as teammates. Collusion can be seen much clearer now in retrospect, just how good Wade and Bosh were.

The fact is, Lebron really is best suited to be a 1b Pippen role, because he simply does not have the offensive repotoire to consistently get easy buckets. His ego will not allow him to be 1b though. In the first games with Blatt and Cavs, the team played motion offense and won and looked good. In such an offense, Lebron was basically relegated to Pippen level role player. The team won with him being a role player. Couldn't have that.

Basketball Genius

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Bron's always been an ass to coaches, but some of his defensive "mistakes" in this video are so BS. Especially the ones where he is talking about being stuck in no mans land after their team has been picked apart and he has a man driving on him. Half the time he is rushing to the 3 point line instead of taking away middle since he'd rather give away 2 points than 3 against a team like the Spurs or GSW.

Bron has been great on defense this season. Should get all defensive 2nd team at the very least.

National High School Star

I watched this not knowing what to expect, but yikes, that's pretty disappointing.

They have some serious work to do if they want to have a shot for a chip. Nothing worse than quitting on a coach/sulking about minutes, IF you are actually serious about winning a title.

College superstar brooks_thompson's Avatar

Lebron's return to Cleveland has really taken a turn towards the bizarro world. Everything was set up perfectly, storybook even, with the way the Cavs won the lottery 3/4 years. But he just threw it all away by reverting to all his old Cleveland habits.

He has no one else to blame and he deserves it, but beyond his personality issues, I'm pleasantly surprised at the level of backlash Lebron-ball is finally receiving on all levels of sports media and fanbases. Been sick of watching that shit for 20+ national tv games + playoffs for over 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking

coach nick is a known lebron hater that nitpicks him on every little thing. I would take this video with a grain of salt.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lebronxrings
    coach nick is a known lebron hater that nitpicks him on every little thing. I would take this video with a grain of salt.
    just shut the f[COLOR="Black"]uc[/COLOR]k up already

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oD-o51KMr8U
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7b4mlieUbP4
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRLsmtQMVmQ
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gik7VdHfoyw
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuNqFD8IvyE
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yIY88F5AhE
    Last edited by TheMarkMadsen; 01-24-2016 at 08:02 PM.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    But yeah, Love and Blatt were 100% the problem. Has nothing to do with your best player visibly choosing to be disengaged at times, completely dismisses the head coach's offense to isoball, and many times plays lackadaisical D and misses rotations. Or that your star PG blows ass defensively, gambles way too often, is painfully inconsistent in controlling tempo and balancing individual scoring vs team offense, etc.

I LOVE that end of the video segment about Blatt's pre-NBA offense. I really wish a young, talented, moldable team like the Timberwolves, Lakers, or my Bucks (when shady ass Kidd bails) hires him so we can see what he's really capable of when his team trusts him and is willing to learn and run the offense and defense he wants to.

why because they white?