Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Magic: I traded Zubac and it was my fault we didn't resign Brook Lopez

Default Re: Magic: I traded Zubac and it was my fault we didn't resign Brook Lopez

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Johnson on First Take
    Magic actually said on First Take that this Lakers job was a big commitment and he even gave up going to the movies on Sunday nights for it

This was the guy running our team. Seeeee yaaaa Magic, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Default Re: Magic: I traded Zubac and it was my fault we didn't resign Brook Lopez

Lebron's fault.

Averaging 1.4 ppg RealSkipBayless's Avatar

Guy turns a bad contract into Kuzma and gets Lebron.

"good riddance"

Guess we should go back to the days of signing garbage vets to max contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by RealSkipBayless

"good riddance"

This

He made some good signings, dumped D'Lo and Mozgov's contract for Kuzma.. Not re-signing Lopez was the only real mistake he made, and he tried making up for it by trading Zubac for another shooting big man, who sadly wasn't as good as Brook.

Lopez wasn't that good for us last season though.. his 3PT% and attempts went up this year and he averaged 2.2 blocks in under 30 mpg, of course he wouldn't have been as good in our system.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
    You weren't using Lopez properly in the first place.

Local High School Star theballerFKA Ace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    This

He made some good signings, dumped D'Lo and Mozgov's contract for Kuzma..
    Naw Magic traded the bad contract and future all-star DLo for the 27th pick and Brook which he didn't want to resign for cheap. It was Jesse Buss who snagged them Kuz. Jesse Buss isn't even 30 yet but is already one of the best, if not the best, draft talent evaluators in the NBA.

Long Live The Process fourkicks44's Avatar

Want to hear a funny joke?

Mike Muscala

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    This

He made some good signings, dumped D'Lo and Mozgov's contract for Kuzma.. Not re-signing Lopez was the only real mistake he made, and he tried making up for it by trading Zubac for another shooting big man, who sadly wasn't as good as Brook.

Lopez wasn't that good for us last season though.. his 3PT% and attempts went up this year and he averaged 2.2 blocks in under 30 mpg, of course he wouldn't have been as good in our system.

Do you not see the baggage that Magic brought with him? He expected to work part time, barely be in the office, and STILL make all the bball decisions.

Go watch the interview. It was Magic offering all of our players for AD, it was Magic passing on Lopez, it was Magic who wanted Ty Lue and Luke out even though initially he made it seem like he was cool with Luke.

If ANYONE is shady here, it's Magic. The 2 good things he did were to get rid of the Mozgov contract (costed us Dlo...ik we got Kuz, but atm idk who I'd rather have since we could use a SG like Dlo) and sign Lebron. That's IT.

I'm much more confident about this team with Pelinka running the show and Jesse helping him (especially in the draft). Keep the 4th pick and sign 1 star free agent, and we will be just fine. As for center, pick up an athletic defender like Noel.

those 1yr veteran picks last year werent a big deal but seriously reminded me of some of the moves doc made as gm for the clippers. Lets sign a veteran with name value who played well against us and/or had some nice looking stats. Not very good lol

Quote Originally Posted by NBAGOAT
    those 1yr veteran picks last year werent a big deal but seriously reminded me of some of the moves doc made as gm for the clippers. Lets sign a veteran with name value who played well against us and/or had some nice looking stats. Not very good lol
    But that isn't even the issue that we are talking about...like you said, they were 1 year deals, who cares. Some of them ended up playing well for us, like Mcgee and Lance. Rondo was injury prone, that was his only issue.

It's all the other stuff. See my post directly above yours.

but but but Lebron doe

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
    But that isn't even the issue that we are talking about...like you said, they were 1 year deals, who cares. Some of them ended up playing well for us, like Mcgee and Lance. Rondo was injury prone, that was his only issue.

It's all the other stuff. See my post directly above yours.
    oh i'm blaming magic here lol for those

Quote Originally Posted by RealSkipBayless

"good riddance"

They signed a garbage vet for $40m a season

College superstar brooks_thompson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fourkicks44
    Want to hear a funny joke?

Mike Muscala

I truly laughed