Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Local High School Star lakerspng's Avatar

Default Re: Touchy Issue Related To The Donald Sterling Incident.

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Something that hasn't really been discussed is the other group Sterling slandered.

We all know that he had negative things to say about blacks, but it hasn't really been discussed that he accused Jews of generally being racist against blacks and that Israel treats blacks badly.

I know that this is a touchy issue, but do you think his characterizations towards Jews and Israel played any part in how fast everyone turned on him? I mean, nobody really ever cared when he was only discriminating against blacks and hispanics.

Had it just been another one of his anti-black incidents, do you think the backlash would have been as bad?
    As Don Corleone would say "Never talk about the family with anyone outside of the family."

The Jewish mafia runs deep and are very strong here in Los Angeles. Yes it could have something to do with it. We still don't know what else Sterling said on the "100 hours of tapes"

Don't equate Israelis with Jewish Americans. Two totally different groups.

The Jews have been living in a region surrounded by countries who's religion is all about exterminating them, and yet, here they are. They are the most resilient of any race/religion, and thrive everywhere they go.

Israel is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    Don't equate Israelis with Jewish Americans. Two totally different groups.
    I'm glad someone pointed this out. There may be some crossover but the two are different as fcuk...

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    The Jews have been living in a region surrounded by countries who's religion is all about exterminating them, and yet, here they are. They are the most resilient of any race/religion, and thrive everywhere they go.

Israel is awesome.
    You think Israel's resilience is what allows them to survive there? That's a really good one. I'll have to remember that one to tell my Jewish friends, they'd love it too.

And he loves his soup

Something that hasn't really been discussed is the other group Sterling slandered.

We all know that he had negative things to say about blacks, but it hasn't really been discussed that he accused Jews of generally being racist against blacks and that Israel treats blacks badly.

I know that this is a touchy issue, but do you think his characterizations towards Jews and Israel played any part in how fast everyone turned on him? I mean, nobody really ever cared when he was only discriminating against blacks and hispanics.

Had it just been another one of his anti-black incidents, do you think the backlash would have been as bad?
    prolly. Jews run shit. Jews **** ya hard. Look at Mel or even Charlie Sheen. Even tho Charlie didn't go anti-Jew, he stepped to da Jews.

-Smak

Quote Originally Posted by AirFederer
    And he loves his soup

Which brings up the question of how the hell did he get soup pass TSA?

and I was strip searched for having a travel-sized listerine.

Banned

Israel treats blacks and Palestinians despicably, this much is common knowledge for anyone who does their own research. They recently gave a large number of female Ethiopian immigrants a jab which kills their chances of reproducing without telling them.

rank sentamentalist

He also gave his apparent personal feelings on "how jewish" different races can be. But he actually didnt anywhere generalize the feelings of jews. He made a personal generalization of israel and then a personal opinion on jewish identity. He never typecasted the entire group.
    in the mass media and running all the way down to pinhead bloggers, any criticism of israel almost reflexively gets conflated with antisemitism. it's unbelievably consistent. and that goes doubly so for sensitive jewish elites with the power to respond. if the op is right, which i highly doubt he is though who the fk knows, those semantics would be totally irrelevant to the nba's decision.

Like they care at all about any of that. It has nothing to do with it.

It's all about money. Nothing else. The Clippers are worth an enormous amount of money and they want that moron owner out. That's what it is about.