Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: "Kobe had Shaq and Gasol, plus he played on stacked teams"

Are you that insecure you have to keep making topics about Kobe and where he's placed in history?

Almost every knowledgeable bball head realizes he's a top 10 player of all-time, period.

College superstar The Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by catch24
    Are you that insecure you have to keep making topics about Kobe and where he's placed in history?

Almost every knowledgeable bball head realizes he's a top 10 player of all-time, period.

Not insecure at all. Just curious as to the mindset of those who choose to either,

truly hate on one of the NBAs greatest,
    or pretend to hate and try to be funny.

At this point, I'm leaning towards the thought that most who regurgitate the same spiel, pretend to hate and try to be funny and rile people up.

As the past three pages have proven, I have yet to see one of the posters I was hoping to get a response from.

All the great players had won Championships with stacked teams. Look at the some of the All-Stars or great role players they played with.

Kobe had Shaq, Pau Gasol, Ron Artest, Andrew Bynum and Lamar Odom.

Mike had Scottie Pippen, Dennis Rodman, Horace Grant, Ron Harper, B.J. Armstrong and Kukoc.

Magic had Kareem, James Worthy, Byron Scott, A.C. Green, Norm Nixon, Bob McAdoo and Michael Cooper.

Bird had McHale, Parish, Walton, Tiny Archibald, Cedric Maxwell and Dennis Johnson.

Dwyane Wade had Shaq, Gary Payton, Alonzo Mourning and Antonie Walker.

Kevin Garnett had Paul Pierce, Ray Allen and Rajon Rondo.

Quote Originally Posted by KingLeBronJames
    All the great players had won Championships with stacked teams. Look at the some of the All-Stars they played with or great role players.

Kobe had Shaq, Pau Gasol, Ron Artest, Andrew Bynum and Lamar Odom.

Mike had Scottie Pippen, Dennis Rodman, Horace Grant, Ron Harper, B.J. Armstrong and Kukoc.

Magic had Kareem, James Worthy, Byron Scott, A.C. Green, Norm Nixon, Bob McAdoo and Michael Cooper.

Bird had McHale, Parish, Walton, Tiny Archibald, Cedric Maxwell and Dennis Johnson.

Dwyane Wade had Shaq, Gary Payton, Alonzo Mourning and Antonie Walker.

Kevin Garnett had Paul Pierce, Ray Allen and Rajon Rondo.

I think we all know that,

just wondering why Kobe is held to the ridiculous standard though and who he would need by his side to get credit from those who critique him the most.

Magic Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist
    I think we all know that,

just wondering why Kobe is held to the ridiculous standard though and who he would need by his side to get credit from those who critique him the most.
    Because it's Kobe. Everyone apparently hates him. All they would have to do is look at Kobe's teammates numbers in the last two playoff runs to realize his team is not stacked. It's basically he and Gasol, with a little dose of Derek Fisher, Artest, and Odom at different times. This year is different though; if everyone stays healthy then I can totally see why someone would call the Lakers stacked.

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

I think the bottomline he isn't credited as much because he isn't good enough.

He isn't a Shaq who put incredibly monster numbers and nobody could stop.

He isn't a Bird/Magic who impacted the game in many ways and establish teamplay.

He isn't a Kareem.

He's not as good as those guys in their prime or had a impact on the floor like those guys did according to most people if we are talking about all time greats. Kobe fans like constantly compare to other greats, who people think/know are better. Fan battles are annoying, and Kobe probably has the most fans atm. Some are trolls, some don't pay attention to facts, and some don't pay attention to tangibles. It could be that most of the people here are young and didn't watch b-ball before 2000 because they make crazy statements or attempt to rewrite history in their mind.

IMO, Kobe is great, but isn't good enough. But we'll see. His career is still going strong and his game is still there, so who knows where he'll end up. If he keeps playing at a high level in a few years more in his 30s, then after he retires people will credit him more accurately.

---

Plus people hate him because he's a laker, has the most fans, and he is one of the best. If he's not on your team, then usually people hate.

But he is consider a top 10 player, and is still one of the best player in the league. So he is credited. Just people feel that there were better players in the past.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist
    So, if rings are a team accomplishment,

nobody deserves credit for their championship accolades?
    if they play a big role then they deserve some of the credit. Kobe's #s in the Finals are pretty underwhelming

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    Lakers fan: Kobe is a great player and has had a great career. He's potentially a top 10-12 player.

Jordan stan: He's not better than Jordan. Stop saying he's better than Jordan. Jordan has superior stats and Kobe plays with 3 7 footers; I know Lamar Odom technically isn't a 7 footer but he's basically one.

Lakers fan: What are you talking about? No one said Kobe's better than Jordan.

Jordan stan: Troll! Everyone says Kobe's better than Jordan.Kobe has won "0" titles as "the man" Gasol and Horry were better then Kobe

A moron enters the thread: Kobe is not better than Jordan. Kobe is not clutch. Dirk is better than Kobe. Nash is better than Kobe. I am better than Kobe. Fact.

A Laker fan enters the thread: Kobe at 32 years old is very comparable to MJ's career at 32...similar players in similar roles...careers and skillset very similar...especially from ages 21 - 32 nearly identical

Jordan stan - NOOOOOOOOOOO! runs to 82games.com

---

Rinse and repeat.

That's basically ISH.

fixed...4y'a

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Indian guy
    Every championship team is loaded. Pretty stupid to get on his case for that. Although one thing he CAN do to gain more respect is actually have a good NBA Finals in his career. You know, finish the season strong. His 'help' gets talked about more because he always ends up being more helped than other superstars.
    2009 finals, kobe played great
    kobe 32.4 ppg, 5.6 rpg, 7.4 apg on 43%

mj had a bad finals in 1996 (27.3 ppg on 41.5% shooting), but stats dont always tell the whole story
    http://www.michaeljordansworld.com/stats_finals.htm

He has 5 rings as either the best or second best player on the team. It doesn't matter who he played with, that's an amazing accomplishment and puts Kobe in the top 10 all-time (10).

Magic Johnson

I know I'm going to be killed for this, but I would have loved to see how Kobe would've played as the man during his absolute peak as a player. I know I know he disappeared against Phoenix in game 7 and yada yada yada... but can you imagine that Kobe Bryant with Pau Gasol? Wow.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by catch24

So what? That's supposed to like...make us satisfied?
    Nope. This isn't over yet.

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalNameGuy
    if they play a big role then they deserve some of the credit. Kobe's #s in the Finals are pretty underwhelming

Again, his finals numbers are pretty underwhelming, but hes a two time FMVP.

What does that say about his teammates, the players on the losing team, and the rest of the league if his finals numbers are overwhelming?

Don't worry, I don't expect an answer.

However, since you're here,

who should Kobe have played with to get proper credit?

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Micku
    Magic and Kareem had a stacked team in the 80s. Bird had a stacked team with the Celts. Jordan had a stacked team in the 90s. It didn't affect their legacy.

Kobe is a great player. But...I think people are hesitate to put Kobe over the rest of the greats because they feel he isn't good enough. Which I can see why sometimes.
    many times

Quote Originally Posted by Micku
    I think the bottomline he isn't credited is because he isn't good enough.

He isn't a Shaq who put incredibly monster numbers and nobody could stop.

He isn't a Bird/Magic who impacted the game in many ways and establish teamplay.

He isn't a Kareem.

He's not as good as those guys in their prime or had a impact on the floor like those guys did according to most people if we are talking about all time greats. Kobe fans like constantly compare to other greats, who people think/know are better. Fan battles are annoying, and Kobe probably has the most fans atm. Some are trolls, some don't pay attention to facts, and some don't pay attention to tangibles. It could be that most of the people here are young and didn't watch b-ball before 2000 because they make crazy statements or attempt to rewrite history in their mind.

IMO, Kobe is great, but isn't good enough. But we'll see. His career is still going strong and his game is still there, so who knows where he'll end up. If he keeps playing at a high level in a few years more in his 30s, then after he retires people will credit him more accurately.

---

Plus people hate him because he's a laker, has the most fans, and he is one of the best. If he's not on your team, then usually people hate.

01' playoff's 29PPG 6reb 5ast....those aren't monster?...those are better then Wade's 06' run

02' playoff's 27PPG 5ast 5reb

Kobe
    29/6/6 on 49% eFG
    30/5/5 on 50% eFG
    ???

Jordan
    30/5/4 on 49% eFG
    31/8/5 on 47% eFG
    32/5/3 on 47% eFG

Kobe's numbers and trendline is actually just as good if not better than jordan's second threepeat..

good job at watching and recognizing game...