Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default It must suck to be the Orlando Magic in this draft

You get the #4 pick and are probably going to draft Dante Exum. Now he's probably going #3. A PG that they need. Your option is a potential bust in Embiid, who will probably head to the Lakers in free agency

College superstar BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar

Default Re: It must suck to be the Orlando Magic in this draft

Or Marcus Smart

The Orlando -> LA jokes are getting old...

But in all seriousness the Magic's situation is just dead awful. Exum was our best case scenario and now that's out of the question.

Thread is original.

I rep Lakers!

Quote Originally Posted by TMT
    The Orlando -> LA jokes are getting old...

But in all seriousness the Magic's situation is just dead awful. Exum was our best case scenario and now that's out of the question.
    Yup and all because of one poster Lakers and Magic aren't even rivals.

But I think the Magic are in a better position because I believe Exum is gonna bust and I feel that they were gonna pass on him anyway. Now they most likely will draft Vonleh and probably Payton. Vonleh is going to be a great player and most likely better than Exum. Vonleh and Oladipo on the defensive end will be amazing with some potential on the offensive end.

NBA All-star

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoss
    You get the #4 pick and are probably going to draft Dante Exum. Now he's probably going #3. A PG that they need. Your option is a potential bust in Embiid, who will probably head to the Lakers in free agency
    what makes the #3 pick situation any better than the #2?

and what makes the #2 pick position any better than the #1?

and what makes the #1 position any attractive if the talent that you wanted to draft gets injured?

I'll think about it [End Quote]

Right, as if living in a swamp wasn't bad enough.

Good college starter EricGordon23's Avatar

They should grab vonieh to pair with Vucevic

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

I honestly don't really see why it's a bad situation...just take the best player available to you...

But if they are hell bent on one of the top 3 guys...just trade up.

I'm assuming one of the top 3 teams would take Afflalo and the 4th pick to move down...especially now that Embid is injured.

I personally wouldn't do that. I'd keep the 4 and take the best player available...then try to move Afflalo for another pick.

Maybe Afflalo to the Nuggets for the 11th pick...

Then you have the 4, 11, and 12 to just load up. If Embid slips...you take him and still get two nice young players. You shed the Afflalo contract extension situation and you will suck one more year and you'll get another nice asset in the 2015 draft...

You'll have loads of cap space going forward as well. The latest mock drafts are projecting Embid to go 4, but honestly that doesn't matter. So here is what the Magic's draft would look like if they trade Afflalo;

If they get Embid;

4 - Embid
    11 - Harris (really like him)
    12 - Saric or Payne

If they get Exum;

4 - Exum
    11 and 12- Saric or Payne or Stauskas or other

Or, if they really love a player in the top 8 or so...I bet Afflalo and the 12 can get you into the top part of the draft.

This team has a great future in my opinion regardless of who they get at 4 as long as they move Afflalo in the next couple days.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

It's not that bad. We are supposed to be bad a couple more seasons

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    I honestly don't really see why it's a bad situation...just take the best player available to you...

But if they are hell bent on one of the top 3 guys...just trade up.

I'm assuming one of the top 3 teams would take Afflalo and the 4th pick to move down...especially now that Embid is injured.

I personally wouldn't do that. I'd keep the 4 and take the best player available...then try to move Afflalo for another pick.

Maybe Afflalo to the Nuggets for the 11th pick...

Then you have the 4, 11, and 12 to just load up. If Embid slips...you take him and still get two nice young players. You shed the Afflalo contract extension situation and you will suck one more year and you'll get another nice asset in the 2015 draft...

You'll have loads of cap space going forward as well. The latest mock drafts are projecting Embid to go 4, but honestly that doesn't matter. So here is what the Magic's draft would look like if they trade Afflalo;

If they get Embid;

4 - Embid
    11 - Harris (really like him)
    12 - Saric or Payne

If they get Exum;

4 - Exum
    11 and 12- Saric or Payne or Stauskas or other

Or, if they really love a player in the top 8 or so...I bet Afflalo and the 12 can get you into the top part of the draft.

This team has a great future in my opinion regardless of who they get at 4 as long as they move Afflalo in the next couple days.
    Cavs
    Bucks
    Sixers

Those are the top 3 teams. Please tell me what team you see doing that deal. I can tell you right now Sixers are NOT one of those teams. And I havent come across anything that says Bucks are interested or listening to offers in trading back. Feel free to enlighten me tho if that is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by HylianNightmare
    It's not that bad. We are supposed to be bad a couple more seasons
    You want to be terrible again this season. And then start to show signs the following season as a good team...you'll have loads of young talent and loads of cap space.

Just have to make sure you draft the right players.

If they move Afflalo (as they must) for a lottery this year and they get another top pick next year.

You are looking at 4 lottery picks to combine with Oladiop, Vucevic, Harris, and Harkless.

Get the picks right and the future is amazing.

College star

The Magic is LA's farm system jokes aren't even funny anymore. Just stop.

It does suck somewhat to be in their position, only from the standpoint that all indications were they were highly likely to draft Exum, who had a terrific workout for them.

Other than that, just take the BPA, because if they draft by needs then they'll end up with Smart which is a fail for the #4 pick. Maybe they risk it all on Embiid, but man if I'm top 5 in this draft I do not wager the house on a 7 footer who already has screws in his foot and a bad back.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Cavs
    Bucks
    Sixers

Those are the top 3 teams. Please tell me what team you see doing that deal. I can tell you right now Sixers are NOT one of those teams. And I havent come across anything that says Bucks are interested or listening to offers in trading back. Feel free to enlighten me tho if that is the case.
    What if one of those teams wants Embid and they'd take Afflalo to drop to 4 and get him and then move Afflalo for another pick.

I'd do that if I was any of the top 4 teams actually.

Take the Cavs. If I'm the Cavs? I don't even think before saying yes to the 4 and Afflalo (essentially the 11th pick) for the 1.

Embid and the 11th pick for the first pick? Yea...I'm taking that and laughing my ass off actually.

I just wouldn't do that if I was the Magic. I'd much rather have the 4, 11, and 12 than the 1 and 12.

Banned

Rumours were that Orlando was high on vonleh too so that isn't to bad. I liked Exum though. As long as we don't Draft smart ill be happy