Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Lebron James: " I'm the MVP"

Wade had a triple double tonight. And james had 19/8/9. As long as they both continue to put up strong numbers, they're gonna canibalize each others vote.

I brick open layups

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    Wade had a triple double tonight. And james had 19/8/9. As long as they both continue to put up strong numbers, they're gonna canibalize each others vote.
    In all fairness, Lebron didn't play the whole second quarter because of foul trouble.

MVP trophy or championship...which do you think is their focus right now?

i doubt wade, rose or lebron is thinking..."hmm, i wonder if I'll get that MVP this year?"

Knowledge Is Power shortlunatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jacks3
    okay...
    I'm with you guy, and I totally understand your argument.

Ginobli, are you really telling me that a Laker's team without Kobe would be better than a Heat team without Lebron? I think you are right in the sense that the Lakers are a better built team, but wrong in the sense that they will be the better team. If Kobe comes off the Lakers, who becomes the new leader/#1 option? Gasol? When has Gasol ever proven to be succesful as the star? He has dissapeared in times when his team really needs him numerous times, and has shown up to games almost non existant in a handful. If Kobe leaves, then its up to this guy to be the motivator and leader for his team, with Odom and Bynum as the minions. If anything, I think Kobe's importance is more apparent now, as Kobe has not been having as a good of seasons before, and the team is struggling to find wins.

If LBJ comes off the Heat, who becomes their #1 option? Wade, the team's leader since he was drafted. Wade is a proven superstar who still has what it takes to lead his team to a chip (look back at moments of Heat vs. Bulls). Jack touched on it earlier, it's important to remember that Bosh was a number one option for his team, and now he's a number three. A tough transition no doubt. If LBJ comes off this team, he goes up to number two. This also leaves more touches for the team, that would probably be distributed to Wade and Bosh. If this is the case, Bosh's numbers would likely go back up to what they used to be. Right now I think it's a little harder to realize it since LBJ is a shining star, but I have no doubts that Wade and Bosh could be one of the best little man big man combos in the league. And for the rest of the team, you're right, there's not much to be desired other than perimeter shooting. But think about it son, you're talking about a duo of Wade and Bosh. These two could dominate inside and will reap mass benefits from three point shooters spreading the floor and being able to convert shots on the kickout pass. This team is still properly built for these two players, and will continue to be succesful.

Bottom line, Heat without LBJ > Lakers w/o Kobe.

Saw a basketball once

Lebron is the man hes gonna win the finals mvp and the regular mvp

suck it haters

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by shortlunatic
    I'm with you guy, and I totally understand your argument.

Ginobli, are you really telling me that a Laker's team without Kobe would be better than a Heat team without Lebron? I think you are right in the sense that the Lakers are a better built team, but wrong in the sense that they will be the better team. If Kobe comes off the Lakers, who becomes the new leader/#1 option? Gasol? When has Gasol ever proven to be succesful as the star? He has dissapeared in times when his team really needs him numerous times, and has shown up to games almost non existant in a handful. If Kobe leaves, then its up to this guy to be the motivator and leader for his team, with Odom and Bynum as the minions. If anything, I think Kobe's importance is more apparent now, as Kobe has not been having as a good of seasons before, and the team is struggling to find wins.

If LBJ comes off the Heat, who becomes their #1 option? Wade, the team's leader since he was drafted. Wade is a proven superstar who still has what it takes to lead his team to a chip (look back at moments of Heat vs. Bulls). Jack touched on it earlier, it's important to remember that Bosh was a number one option for his team, and now he's a number three. A tough transition no doubt. If LBJ comes off this team, he goes up to number two. This also leaves more touches for the team, that would probably be distributed to Wade and Bosh. If this is the case, Bosh's numbers would likely go back up to what they used to be. Right now I think it's a little harder to realize it since LBJ is a shining star, but I have no doubts that Wade and Bosh could be one of the best little man big man combos in the league. And for the rest of the team, you're right, there's not much to be desired other than perimeter shooting. But think about it son, you're talking about a duo of Wade and Bosh. These two could dominate inside and will reap mass benefits from three point shooters spreading the floor and being able to convert shots on the kickout pass. This team is still properly built for these two players, and will continue to be succesful.

Bottom line, Heat without LBJ > Lakers w/o Kobe.
    Great post.

And Another One Killer_Instinct's Avatar

One star. Neg rep.

We got Waldus banned, lets get this guy banned

So you make a thread title with the quotes just to get attention for yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

The Holy Trinity

Quote Originally Posted by Indian guy
    The drop in talent is simply too steep after Wade/Bosh for Miami to be able to contend without LeBron. This is not the same roster that won 47 games last season. They had JO, Beasley, Richardson and Haslem(currently injured). This year's roster is Big 3 + spot up shooters and bad big men. Miami's a 50-win team MAX w/o LeBron, no more.
    LeBron is the MVP, but, dude, this is beyond ridiculous. Wade had rags last year when they won 47. Bosh is triple the player of anyone on last year's roster. Miller is better than anyone on last year's roster. Wade didn't have a center who was within 4" of Big Z, he never had a shooter off the bench like Eddie House, and James Jones was a non-factor last year.

You're making it sound as if Beasley or JO was anything last year-- JO was for about a month after the ASG only, but then he got hurt again. Look at Q now, now that he doesn't have Wade next to him. What Wade did with that team wasn't much less impressive than LeBron's regular season feats with the Cavs. LeBron probably cracks 50 with last year's Heat, and Wade probably doesn't quite get to 60 with the Cavs (though with his play against Boston in the playoffs, if he played that way on the Cavs, he leads them to the next round)....

I still lean toward the opinion that the Heat would have a better record with either Wade OR James and Bosh. They just wouldn't have as good a chance to win it all (although if you take that 14M salary and spend it on a center and a PG, they would be in the mix)....

But, anyway, yes, LeBron is currently the MVP and the best player alive. But, you don't have to denigrate Wade with absurd comments like these in order to bolster his case.
    Last edited by jrong; 02-05-2011 at 01:00 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jrong
    LeBron is the MVP, but, dude, this is beyond ridiculous. Wade had rags last year when they won 47. Bosh is triple the player of anyone on last year's roster. Miller is better than anyone on last year's roster. Wade didn't have a center who was within 4" of Big Z, he never had a shooter off the bench like Eddie House, and James Jones was a non-factor last year.

You're making it sound as if Beasley or JO was anything last year-- JO was for about a month after the ASG only, but then he got hurt again. Look at Q now, now that he doesn't have Wade next to him. What Wade did with that team wasn't much less impressive than LeBron's regular season feats with the Cavs. LeBron probably cracks 50 with last year's Heat, and Wade probably doesn't quite get to 60 with the Cavs (though with his play against Boston in the playoffs, if he played that way on the Cavs, he leads them to the next round)....

I still lean toward the opinion that the Heat would have a better record with either Wade OR James and Bosh. They just wouldn't have as good a chance to win it all (although if you take that 14 M salary and spend it on a center on and PG, they would be in the mix)....

But, anyway, yes, LeBron is currently the MVP and the best player alive. But, you don't have to denigrate Wade with absurd comments like these in order to bolster his case.

Anyway, like I said, LeBron is the MVP and the best player in the world right now
    See, I don't get this logic. If you think that Miami is still 50+ wins without Lebron, but they're only 60 or so wins with him (or whatever pace they're on) Then how is he more valuable a guy like Dwight, whos team would likely drop 20-30 wins without him?

Lebron is the best player in the world and has played like it this season. But everyone has their own idea of what the MVP award means so there's no point arguing over it. I simply look at who has played the best. Not records or who's most important to his team. Just who has played the best this season. Lebron has. He dominates like no other.

But who cares. I'm more concerned about Miller, House, ect. starting to show up. That's not good for the rest of the league even if they have only one decent big man right now.

Banned

at this point, i don't think Lebron cares about getting the MVP award anymore. you see how irked he always is when ppl taunt him about not winning rings? he just wants to win rings, period.

LeBron don't give a $hit about winning his 3rd MVP trophy. His main goal this season is to win an NBA title.

Regular Season MVP trophy = Curse