Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Steve Blake out 6 weeks. LAL have NO PG left

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    I don't think a fire sale is the answer. Keep those guys who are young and are willing to play a role. Let them develop more. Hill when healthy was very good. It wasn't just a hot stretch. He's not an all-star but he's a solid player. I do think the Lakers will be in a lot of trade discussions though, just not the fire sale type. Like DK said, the Lakers could really use a lottery pick. Get a good young player on a rookie contract and then have all that money the next few years to get some proven talent. That's how it gets turned around.
    I like Jordan Hill, but MDA is just going to use him for like 18 mins/game and IF the Lakers would stick with MDA + you really like the draft, then might as well package him now and get deeper in the lottery. It just seems to me that MDA hates PF/centers who can't shoot from 18 feet, Earl Clark last year and now Shawne Green are players getting PT with MDA. Rodman, Kurt Rambis etc are so lucky not to have MDA as coach...
    Im with you tho interms of the team have some fine pieces. I like Hill, Blake, Meeks etc, and I believe if you put a healthy Kobe PLUS another superstar with them, I think the team would be good even better with another young draftee.
    Last edited by tamaraw08; 12-18-2013 at 06:26 PM.

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Steve Blake out 6 weeks. LAL have NO PG left

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    I like Jordan Hill, but MDA is just going to use him for like 18 mins/game and IF the Lakers would stick with MDA + you really like the draft, then might as well package him now and get deeper in the lottery. It just seems to me that MDA hates PF/centers who can't shoot from 18 feet, Earl Clark last year and now Shawne Green are players getting PT with MDA. Rodman, Kurt Rambis etc are so lucky not to have MDA as coach...
    Im with you tho interms of the team have some fine pieces. I like Hill, Blake, Meeks etc, and I believe if you put a healthy Kobe PLUS another superstar with them, I think the team would be good even better with another young draftee.
    The Lakers are supposed to have money for the next two years. So I was thinking a very good player this year. Hopefully a superstar next year. Then a lottery pick this year. Plus a good Kobe at the very end of his career for a year might be a team that could contend.