3 - Suns
    4 - Clips
    5 - Spurs
    6 - Pistons
    7 - Bulls
    8 - Cavs
    9 - Nets
    10 - Nuggets

My sleepers; Sonics, kings, Rockets, Lakers and Magic.
    :rollingeyes:

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by LakersDynasty
    Right, and how exactly did the Spurs, Clips, Kings improve?
    Clips improvement = TT ( Honestly a lot more versatile then Rad.)

spurs did not improve. Kings are hoping the youngins improved from last season.

Local High School Star mavsfan4zindagi's Avatar

Right, and how exactly did the Spurs, Clips, Kings improve?
    Spurs? Added two atheletic C's that could actually play in a series against teams like Dallas/Phoenix. Don't see the relevence of bringing up the Spurs though, considering they're light years better then LA.

Clips? Added TT, giving them two solid guys(Maggette/Livingston) coming off the bench. Those guys would start on most teams, including the Lakers.

Kings? A full season with the same Artest that you just said was better then Vince Carter. A healthy SAR and a solid Kevin Martin means they're >Lakers.

National High School Star AKADS's Avatar

Not to mention Memphis went backwards and got younger.

Clippers got TT for Vlade. Magette is goin to whine if he doesnt start but they were a borderline top tier team last year and should be there again this year.

Spurs they retooled up front. Elson, E. Williams, Bonner, this team has there 5 core payers still Duncan, Manu, Parker, Finley, Bowen. There still a top team.

Kings didn't improve they just get a full season together. Loosing Bonzi will help a little to develope there young and hurt a little with inexperience. Artest is the key. Bibby will have a good yr.(contract year) Miller and SAR's are a good front court.

Good college starter LakersDynasty's Avatar

There is no question that Tim Thomas was a much better player last year than Radman. Hell, he was one of the best players in the playoffs period.

But that can be two things:

1. The Suns system and Steve Nash. Clippers are a halfcourt team and dont "Run and Gun" and shoot 3s as if it was a race. Thomas won't have the same opportunities that he did in Phoenix.

2. He was in a contract year, does Bonzi Wells sound familiar?

Saw a basketball once

1. Dallas
    2. San Antonio
    3. Miami
    4. Phoenix
    5. Detroit
    6. Lakers
    7. Clippers
    8. Cavs
    9. Nets
    10. Bulls
    First off your implying that the spurs did not improve and yet you put them in 2nd? :rollingeyes:

rank sentamentalist

[LIST=1][*]San Antonio - Duncan will be back at better form, and TP/Manu duo should do A LOT better tha last year.[*]Miami - I have no reason not to put the champs in the top 2. Sure Shaq will continue to decline, but Wade will continue to improve. And old Shaq is still better than 95% of the CT's out there.[*]Dallas - Basically the same team returning, with a few new additions (Croshere, Johnson) that can only help. And Howard will also improve.[*]Detroit - I very well may be wrong here, but I don't think the loss of Ben will hurt them THAT much. It'll hurt them, but with Dice getting more minutes for more offensive production, and a decent center in Nazr to give them rebounding and defense, I think these guys are still top-5.[*]LAC - I LOVE this team. And I think they have a great chance at an upset in the playoffs over one of the top dogs. Brand will be in MVP form, Cassel will give them the veteran leadership he did last season, the Caveman will be an all-star within the next two years, and to top it off you have Cat Mobley and Maggette, two big offensive threats, AND Tim Thomas (god I hate him) and Livingston coming off the bench. Whoo that was a nice rant. Watch out for these guys.[*]Phoenix - I think the Clipps will pass them, because I don't think Amare will be at the top of his game, and in the end, he could actually slow these guys down, because they won't have five shooters on the floor anymore. That being said, the last two years they've surprised the hell outta me, so if Stevie does it again, I won't be surprised. But Losing TT hurt as well (god I hate him).[*]New Jersey - These guy's will take third in the East, because they are still better than Cleveland and Chicago. The bigman shooter who's name I forget will improve for sure, and then they have the best trio in basketball. I don't expect them to take out any big guns in the playoffs, but they'll definately compete in the regular season.[*]Chicago - Ben will help, and PJ Brown will definately help with the preoblems from down low, and they are incredibly deep at every position (cept SG, sort of). Kirk, Ben, Luol, Andres, Chris, and the bigmen are in for a fine year. They have one of the brightest futures in the league.[*]Houston - They would probably be in the top 5, above Detroit, if they were guarenteed to be healthy, or at least their superstars were guarenteed to be for at least 75 games. Unfortunately they're not at all. That's why they're down here. Battier may be the best role player and glue guy in the game, but he's not enough to overcome injuries to TMac and Yao.[*]Cleveland / LAL - Can't decide between these two teams. Call me a homer, but these teams seem to be identical in skill and talent. They got superstars (Kobe/Bron), secondary guys (Lamar/Hughes, Z), shooters (RadMan, Cook/Jones, Marshall), bigmen (Mihm, Kwame/Varajeon(sp?)). Wow, ent on for a while there. Anyways you get the idea. Solid teams, GREAT superstars.[/LIST]

Just Missing out - Sacramento, Denver (actually forgot about them, they may be even better than the Lakers/Cavs), Washington, NOK, Indiana.

I changed my mind. Those teams could all be in the 10th spot in my mind, along with LA and Cleveland. So it's a 7 way tie for tenth.

There is no question that Tim Thomas was a much better player last year than Radman. Hell, he was one of the best players in the playoffs period.

But that can be two things:

1. The Suns system and Steve Nash. Clippers are a halfcourt team and dont "Run and Gun" and shoot 3s as if it was a race. Thomas won't have the same opportunities that he did in Phoenix.

2. He was in a contract year, does Bonzi Wells sound familiar?
    1. No one said TT was gonna be the monster he was in the playoffs. Still a solid 3 point shooter that can take it inside. No matter how you cut it, TT>Vlad.

2. I like how Laker fans like to point out the contract year ho's from other teams but fail to mention their own(Vlad Rad).

Quote Originally Posted by mavsfan4zindagi
    Spurs? Added two atheletic C's that could actually play in a series against teams like Dallas/Phoenix. Don't see the relevence of bringing up the Spurs though, considering they're light years better then LA.

Clips? Added TT, giving them two solid guys(Maggette/Livingston) coming off the bench. Those guys would start on most teams, including the Lakers.

Kings? A full season with the same Artest that you just said was better then Vince Carter. A healthy SAR and a solid Kevin Martin means they're >Lakers.
    Ok gotcha. Wait I got another one. Blazers>Lakers.
    Btw Shareef is one of the loosingest players in NBA history. Every team he's ever went to their record got worse, kinda like Starbury.

1. No one said TT was gonna be the monster he was in the playoffs. Still a solid 3 point shooter that can take it inside. No matter how you cut it, TT>Vlad.

2. I like how Laker fans like to point out the contract year ho's from other teams but fail to mention their own(Vlad Rad).
    Vlad didn't play great in his contract year. Tim Thomas has done this in the past too. Watch him disappear this season. Did you miss him being a benchwarmer for the Bulls, Knicks?

Intelligent fan

Why do you hang around the Lakers forum? You aren't a fan. GTFO

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe24
    He's a troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe24
    Coming from the same clown that trolls the Clippers/Suns forums.

Typical for a Laker fan to cry and whine when someone gets realistic with their team.

Intelligent fan

Typical for a Laker fan to cry and whine when someone gets realistic with their team.
    I never seen you say one positive thing on the Lakers but yet you hang around the forum like you're a regular. Typical Mavs fans. Cry like their "superstar" and owner.

Maybe next year.

For the record: Lakers=14 championships. Suns, Clips, Kings, Mavs=0.