Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: The Mysterious Disappearance of LeBron's Shot

Father Time is undefeated.

back then when I was the leader of the lebron family this shooting issue had me really concerned... to the point I said: why root for this colluding ph.aggot if he can't even shoot?, and left.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by Lebronxrings
    he has an injury.
    dude, you got called out by someone and you never responded, you a bitch made fakkit

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
    back then when I was the leader of the lebron family this shooting issue had me really concerned... to the point I said: why root for this colluding ph.aggot if he can't even shoot?, and left.
    So you ran away/hopped teams just like Lebron?

It's harder to make a shot when it's actually being contested. He never had to deal with that in Miami.

The Holy Trinity

He's not on the Heat anymore. In 2014, he shot 57% and Wade shot 55%. I predicted when he left that neither of them would ever see those percentages again. Neither of them have even seen 50% since then.

But, it's not just the absence of Wade (and Bosh). The Heat offense was designed to get him easy baskets. He was the designated finisher, and the big-three era Heat made a lot of plays for him to finish. Dunks are a very high percentage shot.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by Chokefree
    dude, you got called out by someone and you never responded, you a bitch made fakkit
    sounds like something lebron would do.

no spacing is the issue.

weird to watch. I know he hasn't been amazing jump shooter but this at the moment you almost scream noooo!!! whenever he shoots a jumper.

shouldn't have quoted him, but the guy who said that kyrie should take over for a while is right. it's to bad that kyrie himself still has to work himself into game shape and be able to play 33-36 minutes a game.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Giaodollo
    I don't really think it is rocket science as to why his jumper has "disappeared". I have seen people blame his bad back, which could be part of the reason, not being able to get the same lift or even be able to stretch out can be part of the reason but I don't think that is the whole story.. I feel like watching LeBron this season and last he hasn't been as explosive as past years, obviously due to age and other maybe also being fatigued.

LeBron James has been in the finals for five straight years, played internationally and has barley missed a beep. I can't really imagine what toll that takes on a body. I love to root against LeBron but, when you look at it from an objective point of view, his feats are amazing to say the least, this five year stretch from him is one of the most impressing stretch I have ever witnessed. Surely it can be credited to the fairly weak east but he still had to go deep in the playoff every single year with sometimes a team that looked great on paper but in reality was a poor fit with a lot of injuries (Dwade, Bosh, Love, Irving) all been injured, I know people love to talk about the LeBron voodoo, but the voodoo is working against him also, well not against him per se but against his teammates..

Anyway, why I bring this up is because... with all that, he has lost a lot of athleticism, probably due to age, he turns 31 in like four days. And opponents know that, he isn't getting as much space anymore, in his young days it was like, take the three just don't blow past me and dunk it. Today defenders can put their body on him because he has lost a step and he doesn't blow past them as easy anymore.

And part is fatigue, a tired body is more keen to miss a shot, that isn't really a secret, I think. He just doesn't have the energy to go out and do it day in and day out.

Also I think people are forgetting his work on defense this year, I think this is one of his most impressive defensive years ever when it comes to his man defense, part of his game that has been lacking before.

To summarize
    *Bad back
    *Defenders not giving him as much space
    *Fatigue
    Bold, you nailed it! What he's doing is unreal. Nobody ever has had to do what he's doing. And in this era was zone defense where players don't just stand around on defense, it's insane.

I rule the local playground

Youtube comment said its because he bulked up. The extra muscles are messing up his shot.

WayOfWade
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by Jacks3
    What's so mysterious about it? He's always been a mediocre shooter. His post-season shooting in particular has been awful. Did people forget the 2013 finals ? Dude was literally given wide open jumpers by the spurs and he was still bricking.
    What?!

That's what cost the Spurs Game 7, the fact that they did give him those shots. And don't act like he's "always" been mediocre, just read the op

Lebron's shooting was always setup by his drives and ability to get to the rim, and when he didnt have to be overly reliant on it. Nowadays he cant get to the rim as much, and when he does he really is 'bulldozing' more than ever, and he cant get any kind of real shooting rhythm. Yes, age/mileage etc has led to the athletic decline.

That's why they call him Lebron "The Airball" James now.