Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned

Default Re: If Cavs lose and Anthony Davis puts up big numbers

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    Meh, Davis this year > Durant last year.
    Yep, 24/13 with 4 blocks on 58 TS% on a .500 team is clearly better than 32/8 with 6 assists on 64 TS% on a 60 win team.

Don't be an idiot. 3 blocks and 5 rebounds is not better than 8 points, 4 assists, and +6% shooting

Default Re: If Cavs lose and Anthony Davis puts up big numbers

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    This brings us more to the question of, "What would it take to be better than LeBron"? I know you won't get much legitimate discussion on this site, but I would argue even when Durant was in MVP form last year (without Westbrook), he was never as good as LeBron. I think Bron was the clear #1 in the league last year. I'm not sure what Brow has to do to be "better" than LeBron, winning the game and the matchup would be a good start. But just because Brow can tally 15 boards and 6 blocks, something leBron won't do, isn't enough to make me say Davis is the better player.
    Come on now, this is pretty clear revisionist history.

Durant for a huge chunk of the regular season was clearly, both observably and statistically, playing at a higher level than Lebron. We phrased it as "he's outplaying Lebron" because he hadn't won anything yet, but KD was certainly the best player in basketball for several months last season.

He looked worn out and exhausted by the playoffs, and that made it even worse when he had to go against defenses like Memphis and San Antonio..

But that doesn't negate what he did in December, January, February, etc..the dude had one of the all time great stretches of individual basketball over the winter, and on a winning team without his star #2 no less.