Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Local High School Star barkleynash's Avatar

Default Re: Raptors off-season strategy

I was thinking the same thing. One year contracts, overpay a guy like millsap and amir for one year and then take a shot at next year. Then you still have a chance at a bigger free agent in 2016.

Continuity is the key strategy I think.

Ideal core rotation.
    lowry, vaz
    derozen, sweet lou (might be tough to resign) could overpay on a one year deal.
    ross, JJ, Caboclo
    Millsap, Patterson Hayes (resign for cheap)
    val, amir

I'm not sure how there salary cap situation will unfold, but keeping this team intact for one more year might be the answer.
    Even if we brought in David west for a one year overpay it might really help.
    Next summer you move Amir to back-up center. and have an excellent big rotation.

West would be a hired gun, basically. Somebody to help shore up the rebounding and bring a nastiness to Toronto.
    Would like to bring one of hayes or handsbrough back. Probably won't be able to afford Sweet lou, but with a hopefully developing Bruno and Ross taking on more minutes we might not need sweet lou.

lowry, vaz (First round pick)
    derozen Ross (not sure we can resign lou if we bring in David West)
    Ross, JJ , bruno
    Amir, Patterson JJ Hayes
    Val, West Nogueiro

lowry 32 vaz 22 derozen 34 Ross 30 JJ 22 amir 22 Patterson 24 val 28 west 24

Now that is one tight nine man rotation.

Learning to shoot layups jawkam's Avatar

Just wondering, would the Raptors want Tristian Thompson?

National High School Star AKADS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jawkam
    Just wondering, would the Raptors want Tristian Thompson?
    How can you predict the next off season when we have no idea what happens the rest of the season. I think it all depends on how far they go in the playoffs. Plus they could still make a trade.

James Johnson is playing great and could take over for Ross if they are looking to upgrade there PF if they think Amir is better at being the first big off the bench.

Learning to shoot layups jawkam's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AKADS
    How can you predict the next off season when we have no idea what happens the rest of the season. I think it all depends on how far they go in the playoffs. Plus they could still make a trade.

James Johnson is playing great and could take over for Ross if they are looking to upgrade there PF if they think Amir is better at being the first big off the bench.
    I only came across this thought when he couldn't agree a new deal with Cleveland and he's Canadian. Wasn't factoring in any other variables, only wanted to know the general opinion if it would be any interest in having a Canadian play for the local team.

National High School Star AKADS's Avatar

Tristan Thimpson is redundant tothe Raptors. He is simular to Amir without as solid of defence and he is going to be to expensive.

Plus his GM (LeBron) will resign him.

He can't stretch the floor and play with Val.