Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Default Re: Derrick rose = shooting guard

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    That was major weird. Sloan said he was going to move him to shooting guard. I wasn't getting it at all. Obviously it could be something we didn't see and he hasn't made his mark yet in New Jersey either. But from the outside, he looks like he could be one of the best of his time if he just stays healthy.

The point is a leadership position and the primary decision maker on the team. You move a guy off of the point position he's really a fish out of water. Of all of the positions its something that a star player would have a problem with. AI was indeed a penetrating point more so than a distributing point. He like, Chauncey or Tony Parker would feel very awkward moving off of the ball. Coaches know it, teammates know it. Fans that play know it. The point is the captain of the ship... the other roles won't work. Fans, yeah you right, they will see it their way.
    AI was really good off the ball tho

Default Re: Derrick rose = shooting guard

He can absolutely carry this team as a scoring point guard. Billups, Parker, Isiah Thomas, Gary Payton, they have all had tremendous success as point guards who were there crunch time scorers and could easily get 20+ a year if they tried to.

I do though agree that the percentage of our offense that he is currently carrying is not a healthy one and will not churn out a championship in the next few years given the current amount of elite and growing teams in the East. This is already known tho... it's already pretty given that the Bulls need another scorer who can create his own shot.