Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: LeBron has always needed 2 Superstars to win, Kobe and Curry needed 0

Kemba Walker getting dissed in this thread. He's actually not that far off from Kyrie.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: LeBron has always needed 2 Superstars to win, Kobe and Curry needed 0

What you used to be...what you might be eventually...what you could do "If" and so on....doesnt win games. Kevin Love had 34 total points over the final 6 games of the finals and only one game with more than 5 rebounds. Dont talk to me about him being a superstar years ago as if it has anything to do with his contribution. Kevin Love could be a lot of things. But he is what he is. And again...if you must discuss it...doing it in the existing topic.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    I'm not using Love for this argument, because he did in fact put up superstar numbers. Whether or not he was a superstar is debatable, but he at least has stats to make that argument. I don't care how old Kyrie was, that's irrelevant as to whether he was a superstar or not. You don't get bonus points for being younger.
    You are bringing up 2014 Kyrie stats into this for some reason when that is not reflective of his time playing now

2014 he was 21 years old...well before his prime

Kyrie is a whole new player than he was in 2016 compared to 2014 because the jump in play from age 21 to 23 is large

The jump is far less dramatic from age 25 to 27 as used in the Kevin Love example, that is when players are already well into their prime