Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Default Is LeBron's Chase Down Block in Game 7 the Biggest Block in Finals History?

Just curious what people think. If you don't think so, what are some other famous blocks in the Finals?

https://youtu.be/CKqMoIxpsWM?t=63

Mugshot from SlyCooper Nilocon165's Avatar

Default Re: Is LeBron's Chase Down Block in Game 7 the Biggest Block in Finals History?

Finals history?

That was the greatest block in history PERIOD.

AYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

70p game: DBook-1 MJ-0 livingby3's's Avatar

Default Re: Is LeBron's Chase Down Block in Game 7 the Biggest Block in Finals History?

Game 7 for the ring. Block on a potential outcome changing shot. I'd say it's the biggest

College superstar AintNoSunshine's Avatar

That has got to be the greatest block in the history of blocks.

A championship is literally hanging in the balance there and that time.

Very good NBA starter Orlando Magic's Avatar

Yes. Given all of the circumstances, I'd say so. GS wins the series if he doesn't block it imo

Quote Originally Posted by AintNoSunshine
    That has got to be the greatest block in the history of blocks.

A championship is literally hanging in the balance there and that time.
    Personally, I jumped out of my seat when he did it. I thought Iggy was going to get a layup and LeBron literally saved the game to me there and the momentum.

Yes. It was a legendary play on par with some of the best finals plays ever. And this play personified his GOAT level athleticism when he has a head of steam and allowed to jump off one foot.

Greatest block no doubt. It's also right up there with the greatest defensive play with the Celtics steals.

It's probably the biggest defensive play in league history, unless someone can think of a more crucial one?

College superstar AintNoSunshine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    Personally, I jumped out of my seat when he did it. I thought Iggy was going to get a layup and LeBron literally saved the game to me there and the momentum.

Yep. Both the degree of difficulty and the Wow factor, combined with the context of the moment. I doubt there will ever be a greater block than that.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

y do u keep deleting ur vids!

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
    It's probably the biggest defensive play in league history, unless someone can think of a more crucial one?
    Kevin Love on Curry after Irving's made three to put them up? Kind of joking, but it was at least credible. Totally unexpected. During that whole sequence I'm yelling, "NO, NOT LOVE, LOVE IS GOING TO GIVE IT UP!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YL4KgZ_oxzo

Good college starter

Bill Russel had a similar block, Kblaze mentioned it. From what he said it was better. (More needed)

Quote Originally Posted by inclinerator
    y do u keep deleting ur vids!
    YouTube kept silencing the music in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    Kevin Love on Curry after Irving's made three to put them up? Kind of joking, but it was at least credible. Totally unexpected. During that whole sequence I'm yelling, "NO, NOT LOVE, LOVE IS GOING TO GIVE IT UP!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YL4KgZ_oxzo
    Lol, each member of the Big 3 had their crucial moment at the end of Game 7. LeBron's block, Kyrie's GW, and Love's defense