no

Mugshot from SlyCooper Nilocon165's Avatar

Default Re: Is naruto considered a good anime

Quote Originally Posted by Bandito
    no
    Why not

Banned

Naruto had an all time great opening arc for a shonen anime/manga, the Haku-Zabuza arc.

After that it got progressively worse.

All the same I really enjoyed the massive cast of characters with decent backstories. Even people you originally think are scrubs like Hinata, Shikamaru and Choji wind up being badasses.

The fights originally were pretty creative too with the use of sneaky ninja tricks and thinking underneath the underneath and all that.

Unfortunately, the comic became very repetitive and everything that was cool about it went down the drain. Kishimoto's favorite character is Sasuke so he made way too much of the story about him.

I personally hated Sasuke. I quit watching the anime and reading the manga after Sasuke fought 8 tails, got his ass kicked and still some how survived with a new BS Sharingan technique he pulled out of his ass.

I was already pissed after he managed to survive Deidara's exploding nano bombs that were attached to Sasuke's bloodcells. That was some serious BS.

The anime could have been great but was too much about Sasuke, the worst emo character you can imagine.

Naruto was a decent character but he wound up becoming nothing but a whiny dude who cries about Sasuke all the time.
    After that it is the Danzo and Great Ninja war arcs which I heard were shit.

Shippuden was bad. The manga and anime was great up until the time skip.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    Naruto had an all time great opening arc for a shonen anime/manga, the Haku-Zabuza arc.

All the same I really enjoyed the massive cast of characters with decent backstories. Even people you originally think are scrubs like Hinata, Shikamaru and Choji wind up being badasses.

The fights originally were pretty creative too with the use of sneaky ninja tricks and thinking underneath the underneath and all that.

Unfortunately, the comic became very repetitive and everything that was cool about it went down the drain. Kishimoto's favorite character is Sasuke so he made way too much of the story about him.

I personally hated Sasuke. I quit watching the anime and reading the manga after Sasuke fought 8 tails, got his ass kicked and still some how survived with a new BS Sharingan technique he pulled out of his ass.

I was already pissed after he managed to survive Deidara's exploding nano bombs that were attached to Sasuke's bloodcells. That was some serious BS.

The anime could have been great but was too much about Sasuke, the worst emo character you can imagine.

Naruto was a decent character but he wound up becoming nothing but a whiny dude who cries about Sasuke all the time.

This. Promising start but went downhill with Shippuden. Too many fillers too

some arcs are good some arcs are really bad.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Worth watching but have a list of filler episodes to skip

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

The Chunin/tournament arc was badass tho. My favorite arc of the series, and the Pain Arc post time skip.

But the time skip had its good moments. It had its bad moments. It had its stupid ass moments. Pre time skip tho, that's where the manga was at its peak. The anime was great too before timeskip and fillers. Post time skip, that's when the series got bad gradually.

Good college starter NZStreetBaller's Avatar

Naruto is fruggen awesome. The only anime ive seen is dbz naruto and pokemon so if ur a mainstream fan ull love it.

Local High School Star

Not easy to last 13+ years if you're not pretty good.

A lot of filler episodes, but what really makes the series great are the supporting characters. The best ones by far and away are Itachi and Jiraiya with honorable mention going to Kakashi and Shikamaru.

like just skip the filler and see if u like it. it's good sometimes but bad a lot of the times. kishi is a terrible writer most of the time

Banned

He was a great writer in the beginning. He just stretched shit out too long and ran out of all good ideas after like, the Pein arc.

Animes are too slow. The Slam Dunk basketball anime can take about 15 minutes just to complete a single possession.

Manga is where it's at.

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    Animes are too slow. The Slam Dunk basketball anime can take about 15 minutes just to complete a single possession.

Manga is where it's at.
    Referring to Kuroko no Basket btw, it's a pretty good anime except for the 15min per possession scenes, when they are talking for 10mins while the ball is travelling in the air.

Banned

He was a great writer in the beginning. He just stretched shit out too long and ran out of all good ideas after like, the Pein arc.
    he was literally never a great writer. an okay one maybe. though it's super hard to have continually good writing in such a long running shounen.