Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: How do you rate warriors chances at repeating?

100% guaranteed championship if a role player goes up against LeBron*

The West is a crap shoot. It will depend on health and matchups. I'm a huge Warriors fan, but I would put their chance of making it out of the West at around 20%, and chance of repeating at around 15%.

I think they'll do it again, they basically brought back the same team and now they have championship experience. It's just a matter of health. Only teams that are real threats to them are possibly the Spurs and the Cavs.

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Spurs and Clippers intrigue me more than the Warriors chance at repeating. But I still give Warriors a good 30-35% chance at a repeat. I think they will reach the WCSF or WCF with ease.

Quote Originally Posted by macmac
    You do know that those percentages should amount to 100% right? Unless you're predicting there's a 45% chance the world ends before the NBA finals

Decent playground baller sodapop's Avatar

Right now it's hard to tell, depending on trades & free agency before the season start. I'm leaning towards the Spurs to win the west if they have a strong front court and defense to stop the Warriors strong isolation. Warriors have too many above average three point shooters, it will be difficult to defend their pick and roll offense. Rotation, consistent switching man to man defense and rebounding is the key against the Warriors. Warriors chances at repeating, 80% if the season started today as teams are right now.

I rule the local playground dubnation's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sodapop
    Right now it's hard to tell, depending on trades & free agency before the season start. I'm leaning towards the Spurs to win the west if they have a strong front court and defense to stop the Warriors strong isolation. Warriors have too many above average three point shooters, it will be difficult to defend their pick and roll offense. Rotation, consistent switching man to man defense and rebounding is the key against the Warriors. Warriors chances at repeating, 80% if the season started today as teams are right now.

Undefeated

Cavs won the championship in 2016. 3 FMVP for LeBron.

Good college starter Relinquish's Avatar

umm... what?

3-time NBA All-Star Lakers Legend#32's Avatar

See '04 Lakers